LE SSERAFIM - 'CRAZY' ALBUM DISCUSSION

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• From Apple Music:

“During production, as we concentrated more and more on the songs, it occurred to me that ‘CRAZY’ is a word that perfectly suits the music,” K-pop idol KAZUHA tells Apple Music about the lead single from LE SSERAFIM’s fourth mini album, also titled CRAZY. Phonky and upbeat, the song is a part of an eclectic five-track album from the Korean girl group, who debuted in 2022. In an effort to explore the various meanings of the title word, CRAZY moves from the EDM-fuelled spoken-word track “Chasing Lightning” to the hip-hop hype song “Pierrot” (sampling Kim Wan Sun’s 1990 hit “Pierrot Laughs at Us”) to the Coachella-debuted dance-pop number “1-800-hot-n-fun”. It all culminates in the tender ballad “Crazier”, titled something closer to “the reason I can’t go crazy” in its original Korean. “Having this as the last track on the album is like us posing a question to you,” shares YUNJIN. “What does CRAZY mean to you?” Here’s what the five members of LE SSERAFIM—SAKURA, KIM CHAEWON, HUH YUNJIN, KAZUHA and HONG EUNCHAE—had to say about each track.

“Chasing Lightning”

SAKURA: “This is the five of us sharing thoughts about things we’re into, stuff that we’re crazy about. And it has a message: ‘Listen to your own heart and change this moment!’ Unlike the intro tracks from our previous albums, we switched things up here by opening with everyday conversation.”

“CRAZY”

KAZUHA: “‘CRAZY’ is the title track of the album. It’s about moments when you discover something that you can go crazy about. When I first saw the title I was like, ‘Wow, that’s pretty intense!’ [laughs] During production, as we concentrated more and more on the songs, it occurred to me that ‘CRAZY’ is a word that perfectly suits the music. The melody on this track has a great hook that gets you humming along to it, anytime and anywhere. It’s perfect for when you need a burst of excitement or a boost in self-esteem.”

“Pierrot”

KIM CHAEWON: “The sample here is from ‘Pierrot Laughs at Us’ by Kim Wan Sun. Personally, I’m a fan of the hip-hop style. I was really glad to do ‘Pierrot’ because it's in my favoured style and also showcases a fresh new side to us as a group.”

“1-8 hot-n-fun”

HONG EUNCHAE: “I like how the title is in the form of an American TF number. The track is all about the message: ‘Call us at “1-8 hot-n-fun”! Let’s have a hot and wild time together!’ It’s filled with fun little details, too. My favourite lyric from this is ‘Where the heck is SAKI?’—‘SAKI’ being our nickname for SAKURA. The track is brimming with a rock feel, so please enjoy.”

“Crazier”

HUH YUNJIN: “I think the word ‘crazy’ means different things to different people. The members before me talked about four songs that each have their own take on ‘crazy’. But this last track, ‘Crazier’, is different. It’s about the absence of ‘crazy’. The message of the song is that youthful life can be beautiful, even if lacking in crazy, which we wanted to convey with sincerity and empathy. Having this as the last track on the album is like us posing a question to you: ‘What does CRAZY mean to you?’”

• The best song in the album is Crazier!

But why Hybe is obsessed with short songs? Like every single one of them is short except Chasing Lightning!

I was so disappointed with Chasing Lightning cause from the trailer I was so hyped about this song, but it is the worst song in the album!

Pierrot is a very interesting song but tuneless prechorus is putting me off!

1-800 hot- n fun had so much potential but no dynamics

My problem with Le sseradim is they don’t know to rap at all! It was my problem with them from the beginning! Either Source Music should put melodic elements instead of tuneless talk rapping or they should learn to rap! Like every single song except Crazier has that tuneless rap which every time throws me off! Put some melodic Parts Source Music and every single song will be 3 times better than it was!

• The best song in the album is Crazier!

But why Hybe is obsessed with short songs? Like every single one of them is short except Chasing Lightning!

We're in sync here.

"Crazier" is the best song, but it's a ballad, and there are tons of much better ballads out there. I put this on the playlist though. This pales in comparison.

How is "Chasing Lightning" the longest thing on this EP? It's not even a song. I just assumed it to be a special introduction to set the mood. Everything else is a total flop. I feel like each of these songs could be filler in something much better.

"Crazy" I had already been dreading from the teasers, but somehow the instrumental was the best part of the song. At least though, I can understand them when they say "all the girls are girling." But it doesn't pump me or anything because just as it sounds like it's going anywhere, "all the girls are girling" comes up and deflates the song.

"1-800-hot-fun" just sounds okay at best. Unfortunately, the song is in English, so I compared it to other English songs, and this just comes off as mediocre at that point.

The worst song is "Pierrot." During the song, I thought to myself that this sort of sounds like western rap, and when I put it in that frame of reference, the entire song collapsed. They can't rap, and the beat is lame. That was amateur hour.

Overall, a flop EP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!