South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol invites the most popular girl group in Korea to honor Olympic Heroes

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BunniesTaglist

There aren't many events as prestigious or even historic as a ceremony to celebrate and honor Olympic athletes who competed on a global stage and emerged as medal winners and champions while representing their country and its people

Suffice to say, to be chosen as one of a very short list of artists to perform at this event is a huge honor in and of itself, and only one girl group got the invite

External Content x.com

And don't you know how sweet it tastes?

:danceb:

From being the moment and the biggest story of the friendly soccer match earlier this month to now getting an invite to perform from the President himself, NewJeans is truly everywhere and their fixture as the biggest celebrities in Korea today remains in place.

Update: The President of South Korea tweeted about the event himself. Guess who was in the image he included with the tweet?

External Content x.com

Second Update: The President of South Korea even used #NewJeans 8)

• That means a lot of things

1 The President is NOT impressed with BTS serving in the military

2 The President has chosen Min Heejin over Bang

3 MHJ will win all of her lawsuits, and Hybe will fall into her

hands

• NewJeans are big and their achievements are really amazing, but I can't believe a simple brand reputation list offended you so much instead of their most recent chart results like you are coping hard to show how they are the biggest gg in Korean right now like.. ok..

Their most recent chart results? You mean a year where they secured the most streamed girl group album in MelOn history (New Jeans), the second most streamed song in MelOn history (Hype Boy), the most streamed song since the inception of Circle Digital Index (Hype Boy), the most cumulative weeks in the MelOn Weekly Top 10 in history, represent 3 of the top 10 songs of the MelOn Daily chart, own 10% of the songs on the MelOn Top 100, and had the highest debut of any girl group on MelOn while being the only artist to have multiple songs reach over 300k unique listeners.

Are those the chart results I should be mad about? Or some bullshit index that thinks the group chosen by the president to perform in front of their Olympic champions isn't a top 30 brand in Korea?

Also, that topic has nothing to do with this one.

You really thought you were cooking something, but clearly you forgot who I was.

This is why my threads are better even if they flop most of the time :nj-11:

Like Minji said, I woke up and chose violence :eyes:

:meme-u-ok:

• You cooked nothing. Their last cb is How Sweet, not last year Hybe Boy or Ditto or Super Shy or the others. I talked about their last release and you avoided it bc you can't claim any records be it in SK charts or Spotify ..

• On point Why knock, on point :pepe-toast: .

My intuition is that the president is pissed at bang/hybe for their pro japanese/imperialist agenda and propaganda. Aka with their Unforgiven comback etc...

NewJeans perfoming at that korean palace (forgot the name) with taeguk colors during the big battle was a hint that MHJ is showing the gov that SHE is on korea's side and this japanese imperialist (apparently danworld is also linked with them) aren't gonna win over korea and korea will preveal!

Also she said that hybe was damaging korean culture and soft power with the way they are behaving in the industry (plagiarism, copycatism, sajaegi etc...).

Sometimes you may even suspect them of being a japanese cheval of troy to destroy the korean culture and korean soft power because it's is really rising lately right?

Like since hybe got powerful, the impact in the industry is quite stark. Look at all this korean stars, artists having scandals left and right. Anytime someone rises, some sh*t happens to them. Like that Runner Up actors for example and the airport drama.

Weither it's monopoly and mediocrity or sabotage, Hybe is really ruining the korean entertainment industry. FR.

So it would make all the sense that if mhj convinced the president of that (which I think she did since she won the injunction), as you said she is gonna keep on winning her lawsuits.

And not necessarily because of corruption, but mostly because hybe is not gonna be ABLE to use their money or their nasty tricks to destroy MHJ when otherwise it would have been so easy to do so because of their power, money and influence.

So props to her. Im telling you, she's gonna win her lawsuits 90% sure of it :pepe-wink: .

Ps: but i don’t think she wants to stay in hybe tho. she's gonna leave and take ador asap.

• You cooked nothing. Their last cb is How Sweet, not last year Hybe Boy or Ditto or Super Shy or the others. I talked about their last release and you avoided it bc you can't claim any records be it in SK charts or Spotify ..

Read and comprehend next time you respond to me. Literally half of what I listed accomplishments wise was from songs they released THIS YEAR.

Get out of here with your Bozo the Clown energy.

If you're that desperate for me to achievement post spam about their current era, I can make another thread for you to whine in.

This thread is about their selection to perform at an exclusive event in front of some of the highest ranking officials and top athletes in their country

• This isn't that prestigious or historic. Each season of the Olympics happens every 4 years. :|

Dpw-Wa4-OV4-AAe-Qzu.jpg

:meme-dont-know:

They barely trended and got the undercard match :meme-kek:

And obviously it happens every 4 years, but the President is only inviting the cream of the crop to perform for his country's top athletes

Use your brain

• Oh, it was early this year, what release? And their last release still remains How Sweet. It's ok, I know they are big and impressive, but I'm laughing at how a brand reputation list can become such a weak point on you ...

And yes, please make a thread about their last cb and post their MVs bc i like to listen them :pepemusic:

• Oh, it was early this year, what release? And their last release still remains How Sweet. It's ok, I know they are big and impressive, but I'm laughing at how a brand reputation list can become such a weak point on you ...

And yes, please make a thread about their last cb and post their MVs bc i like to listen them :pepemusic:

The entire second half of the message was for their new songs :meme-disappointed:

Even when I spam the accomplishments of How Sweet, Bubblegum, Supernatural and Right Now, determined haters and antis will either ignore them or move the goalposts anyway.

And I keep saying this: I have ALWAYS hated brand reputation index and have bashed it for years

If OH wasn't dead, I could find proof of it

And I'll make an appreciation thread once I'm not consumed by FFXIV

• I don't think you even know what an undercard is. Hint: Soccer doesn't have one. Your girls weren't the main event, they were just last. I doubt these Olympians wanted to be serenaded by a bunch of also-rans.

:doge:

• is bro really just reposting news stories you can read on the front page? lol. just post this on the NJ subpage so y'all can circlejerk in peace.

Like every other fandom does all the time here? If it bothers you, don't click on the topic. Or are you too smooth brained not to click on topics that don't interest you?

• Like every other fandom does all the time here? If it bothers you, don't click on the topic. Or are you too smooth brained not to click on topics that don't interest you?

hardly see it for other gg honestly, u and your alt account badboi (badbunny would have been a better name) span this place with NJ bs everyday. if it were something of note that'd be cool, just saying, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

• hardly see it for other gg honestly, u and your alt account badboi span this place with NJ bs everyday. if it were something of note that'd be cool, just saying, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

I posted one thread all of last week and none the week prior.

What the hell are you even whining about for while telling others not to get their panties in a bunch? If the threads don't interest you, stop clicking on them. It's not rocket science, but I know you're probably 13 so you still can't rationalize simple concepts well enough yet.

• Lovely. Go MHJ

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the whole conflict between MHJ and HYBE might actually be a play, to give a heroic narrative to NJ ?

But then, given how dominant they were for the past 2 years, shattering records left & right, did they need to do this>

• I posted one thread all of last week and none the week prior.

What the hell are you even whining about for while telling others not to get their panties in a bunch? If the threads don't interest you, stop clicking on them. It's not rocket science, but I know you're probably 13 so you still can't rationalize simple concepts well enough yet.

uuhhh hate to break it to you buddy but K-pop is primarily for teenagers, especially groups like NJ's. you prob old af gave your lame "insults". nuthin like a creepy old dude obsessing over a young gg.

• uuhhh hate to break it to you buddy but K-pop is primarily for teenagers, especially groups like NJ's. you prob old af gave your lame "insults". nuthin like a creepy old dude obsessing over a young gg.

I'm sure you have some homework assignments to work on tonight. Do that instead of shit posting on K-Pop forums and showcasing how that education is being wasted.

I'm sure K-Pop is only for the demographic that contributes the least to its revenue streams.

Get out my thread.

• From South Korea's President himself:

External Content x.com

• From South Korea's President himself:

External Content x.com

Ohhhhhh he saying that with the photo of NJs on ?????!!!!! That's a major SHAAAADE :pepe-loop: :boompepe:. Stick it Bang Trash Hyuk :thumbs-up: (middle finger cutie :* ).

hehehehhehe we may be perfectly right WhyKnock 8|

'I will support you as much as I can '¬‿¬¬‿¬ .

• Lovely. Go MHJ

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the whole conflict between MHJ and HYBE might actually be a play, to give a heroic narrative to NJ ?

But then, given how dominant they were for the past 2 years, shattering records left & right, did they need to do this>

that would be like the biggest heroic narrative ever right??? right along JYJs :pepe-peek: .

• that would be like the biggest heroic narrative ever right??? right along JYJs :pepe-peek: .

No, don't insult JYJ, theirs was an actual legal fight, risking their careers, which freed all idols from slave contracts.

This is at best a corporate clash, with little implication beyond the parties involved, it won't change anything systemic in the industry.

Similar to FiftyFifty, just richer egos

• Yeah, I'm mad I left out the "the" in front of "most popular" and I need to fix it :meme-wink:

• YamaChwan

Changed the title of the thread from “South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol invites most popular girl group in Korea to honor Olympic Heroes” to “South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol invites the most popular girl group in Korea to honor Olympic Heroes”.
  • No, don't insult JYJ, theirs was an actual legal fight, risking their careers, which freed all idols from slave contracts.

This is at best a corporate clash, with little implication beyond the parties involved, it won't change anything systemic in the industry.

Similar to FiftyFifty, just richer egos

MHJ's getting those lawsuits and even fighting her own slave contract tho? and worse went through a hellish character assassination media smear compaib which could have potientially ended up in her suicide :pepewash: .

Also by attacking MHJ and by the way Hybe is treating NJs this is exactly a fight for their carrier survival at least as NJs.

Even worse than JYJ to some extent because they're still basically rookies/babies in term of fandom, brand, artistry, everything.

JYJ was blacklisted indeed but because they had such big carrier behind them and such powerful well established fandom and more maturity as artists they still survived well and made more money than ever in SM.

Without MHJ, NJs would just end up in a dungeon with a crappy release every 2 year until hybe would have disbanded them like they disbanded gfriend DUH.

• First time?

:pepe-peek:

• Whatever happens with MHJ vs HYBE, it will be limited to them & their groups.

While JYJ vsSM, changed the entire industry.

After Seo Taiji, JYJ are the true game changers.

Nobody comes close

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!