Artists' big company privilege is earned and the claim that "most get in with their money, taking opportunities from real talents" is BS

• These ex idol trainees (who have a long experience in more than one company) answered the question of the importance of being family rich in Kpop.

The fact they pretty much pointed out that having rich background is more beneficial to a small company than a big one is just what I have always been saying when kpopies tried to claim that most big companies' artists got in because of their money, not their talent/efforts. Because, if you're going to use the argument of having money to get in then logically it would be the complete opposite.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ใ•ใ่ณญใ‘็‹‚ใ„ใพใ—ใ‚‡ใ†

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• Of course, it doesn't make your debut because you need to be talented and hardworking but...

At the same time it takes a lot of pressure from your shoulders when you know your fam is rich and you don't need to care about any possible trainee debt or any other expenses because you know that your appa and omma have tons of money.

Also on the other hand as far as the story of so many groups teaches us... most of the idols are at least from the mid-high "class" in terms of money, and there are barely a few well-known ones which came from poor families, most notable recent example is Hwasa. She basically made it because her uncle was unmarried, and he treated her like his own daughter and helped her with living expenses.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by bartkun ().

• That argument is invalid, unless that people can point which big companies have all their artists from rich background

Whoever uses that argument doesn't even try to make sense. They just run around with their own random speculation.

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ใ•ใ่ณญใ‘็‹‚ใ„ใพใ—ใ‚‡ใ†

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• Of course, it doesn't make your debut because you need to be talented and hardworking but...

At the same time it takes a lot of pressure from your shoulders when you know your fam is rich and you don't need to care about any possible trainee debt or any other expenses because you know that your appa and omma have tons of money.

Also on the other hand as far as the story of so many groups teaches us... most of the idols are at least from the mid-high "class" in terms of money, and there are barely a few well-known ones which came from poor families, most notable recent example is Hwasa. She basically made it because her uncle was unmarried, and he treated her like her own daughter and helped her with living expenses.

Obviously. I am not even arguing against this point but the fact that people have been using the excuse that big companies artists get in with their money while small companies don't do as much lol.

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• Here's my hot take on this issue : the big3 privilege that kpop fans always complain about should become the standard. Trainee debt should be removed from all companies and companies that can't afford good training facilities, equipments, dorms and comfort for their trainees and idols shouldn't exist to begin with.

Stop glorifying and celebrating idols struggle.

• I'm sure some idols gets into a specific company through networking and money ( just like for any job ), but this is dumb to think that this is the standard. Big 3 or else, they invest way too much money and times in groups to not pick the best members possible.

• Honestly, I thought it was all pretty much common sense, big companies wouldn't need any negotiation richer families could make/ promise to fund anything, therefore it will mainly be about the talent or visuals for the big companies as to why they debut someone. Smaller companies would definitely need some sort of consistent funding, at least at the start, so I can for sure see some type of deal made, you debut my child and I will contribute etc - Welcome to the real world

:peperich:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

รฆ- "๐•‹๐•™๐•š๐•ค ๐•š๐•ค ๐”ผ๐•ง๐• , ๐”ผ๐•ง๐• ๐•๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ" -๐•’๐•–๐•ค๐•ก๐•’ -รฆ

Edited once, last by evo-evolution ().

• Here's my hot take on this issue : the big3 privilege that kpop fans always complain about should become the standard. Trainee debt should be removed from all companies and companies that can't afford good training facilities, equipments, dorms and comfort for their trainees and idols shouldn't exist to begin with.

I agree. Small companies who can't provide even the basic human right to the trainees are just evil when making the idols pay off their debts with inhuman schedules and more things b t s as everybody knows.

For sure everybody has the right to dream, but if you are going to be a CEO you should start making yourself successful to the point of starting hiring employees, it doesn't necessarily means super rich, but with conditions to provide your employees (trainees) the basic.

About this whole rich family or whatever... People are dumb. They really use this argument when we don't even know exactly how things works b t s and e we obviously don't know who are the idols (if they exists) that uses their families background.

Overall: my conclusion is bs to everybody who hates on idols from being in the Big4/noBig4.

Bye!

• These ex idol trainees (who have a long experience in more than one company) answered the question of the importance of being family rich in Kpop.

The fact they pretty much pointed out that having rich background is more beneficial to a small company than a big one is just what I have always been saying when kpopies tried to claim that most big companies' artists got in because of their money, not their talent/efforts. Because, if you're going to use the argument of having money to get in then logically it would be the complete opposite.

External Content youtu.be

BTW - Loving your sig and profile :love: the whole getup is beautiful ;(

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

รฆ- "๐•‹๐•™๐•š๐•ค ๐•š๐•ค ๐”ผ๐•ง๐• , ๐”ผ๐•ง๐• ๐•๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ" -๐•’๐•–๐•ค๐•ก๐•’ -รฆ

• If you're rich, connected and good-looking and you want to be an idol, why would you choose to go to a small company where you'd have so many more challenges, than a Big 3 company where you know you would have an easier time of it and an instant devoted fanbase when you debut?

There are always variables, but in most cases it would be a no brainer.

Of course you'll get trainees from poor backgrounds in Big 3 companies, but they are likely to be exceptionally naturally blessed either with looks or talent, because they probably won't have had the resources to become trained in any disciplines.

• If you're rich, connected and good-looking and you want to be an idol, why would you choose to go to a small company where you'd have so many more challenges, than a Big 3 company where you know you would have an easier time of it and an instant devoted fanbase when you debut?

Of course you'll get trainees from poor backgrounds in Big 3 companies, but they are likely to be exceptionally naturally blessed either with looks or talent, because they probably won't have had the resources to become trained in any disciplines.

Your paragraph makes it sound like rich kids are in a position to choose which big company they get into just because they're rich but that's not the case. Big companies don't need either the money or the connections a trainee can provide so trainees' family backgrounds don't play as much of an incentive with big well connected companies as they probably do with small companies in need of funds and connections.

• Official Post

The girls didn't really go into detail so a lot of it is still unknown. Basically they just said a rich trainee can contribute to the company but its not forced so its not a guarantee therefore it might not be as beneficial as we may think. All companies want rich or middle class trainees because it means they can be fully dedicated to their job. Poor trainees are the ones who might leave because of fear they might not debut and thus won't be able to take care of their family.

At my mom's job she has referrals where someone can tell the company about their friend and said friend can get an interview. I'm 100% the same thing happens in the kpop industry its not the end of the world if Idols had connections I don't get why people are so defensive about that.

• Your paragraph makes it sound like rich kids are in a position to choose which big company they get into just because they're rich but that's not the case. Big companies don't need either the money or the connections a trainee can provide so trainees' family backgrounds don't play as much of an incentive with big well connected companies as they probably do with small companies in need of funds and connections.

They need to be at least trainable to an adequate level, sure. They don't want to debut a member who can't keep up with the choreo. But the fact is, Big 3 can afford to take only the creme de la creme. Yet many Big 3 groups have "that" member.

People used to make threads about "Why is X in the group when they can hardly sing and Y has the same role and does it better, and they are hardly given anything to do?" These days you'd immediately get the appreciation thread of the group running in to rip your head off, but the fact is there are some debuted Big 3 idols who aren't talented and don't have the X factor. They're just there. I'd list some names, but I don't want to be bombarded with YouTube compilations proving me "wrong" all day.

But on the other hand it would also be a big risk for a small company to take on rich kids just because they're rich. If they're not bringing any other assets it's very unlikely their group will amount to anything, other than appearing in the occasional "under-rated girl groups" compilation YouTube video.

Well but even with applying all those it ain't easy to get fame/level/status of BIG3... This is why no one is using BIG4 even when BigHit is doing better than all BIG3 companies... Look at RBW or Cube, both have amazing artist yet no one would say that there is any privilege when debuting in those companies. Yeah it's better than random small/mid company but still it don't guarantee you high sales or 100 mln youtube views, as well as it doesn't guarante you entering charts.

Hype level is hella different so in this case SM, JYP and YG privilege will always exist.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Official Post

Here's my hot take on this issue : the big3 privilege that kpop fans always complain about should become the standard. Trainee debt should be removed from all companies and companies that can't afford good training facilities, equipments, dorms and comfort for their trainees and idols shouldn't exist to begin with.

Louder. Pledis refusing to provide basic live performance equipment and adequate living space for Seventeen isn't a cute story about their struggle. It's basically borderline child abuse given how many of them were still minors.

If you're rich, connected and good-looking and you want to be an idol, you would probably choose to go to the company you think is the best, sure. However, If you're rich, connected, good-looking, want to be an idol, AND want to overuse your power, you will go to the company that needs you, where your power will be effective.

and not again with the struggle and challenges as if big company artists don't have their own set of challenges. and just like you

have an "instant devoted fanbase when you debut", you will also have instant devoted haters. Both struggle, period.

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• Official Post

Well but even with applying all those it ain't easy to get fame/level/status of BIG3... This is why no one is using BIG4 even when BigHit is doing better than all BIG3 companies... Look at RBW or Cube, both have amazing artist yet no one would say that there is any privilege when debuting in those companies. Yeah it's better than random small/mid company but still it don't guarantee you high sales or 100 mln youtube views, as well as it doesn't guarante you entering charts.

Hype level is hella different so in this case SM, JYP and YG privilege will always exist.

Being in the Big 3 doesn't automatically make you rich though. It just gets them more promotion. There's also an obvious reason no one is mentioning BigHit but that's a whole other topic.

External Content twitter.com

• The girls didn't really go into detail so a lot of it is still unknown. Basically they just said a rich trainee can contribute to the company but its not forced so its not a guarantee therefore it might not be as beneficial as we may think. All companies want rich or middle class trainees because it means they can be fully dedicated to their job. Poor trainees are the ones who might leave because of fear they might not debut and thus won't be able to take care of their family.

At my mom's job she has referrals where someone can tell the company about their friend and said friend can get an interview. I'm 100% the same thing happens in the kpop industry its not the end of the world if Idols had connections I don't get why people are so defensive about that.

I don't think it's that beneficial either that's why an established company with its own connections isn't in need of a rich kid unless they are the heir of Samsung or something lol. Also, on the contrary poor kids are way more beneficial than rich kids in the devotion department, because a rich kid could easily change their mind, quit then pay the debt.

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• "Big3 privilege" isn't about whether the trainees are wealthy or not. It's about the company having the resources and connections to support them, connect them to promotional opportunities, get them on awards shows (smaller company idols get their broadcasting time cut), give them ads, etc. It's about whether the general public will notice the group just because they debuted under the "big3" (Big4 now) or whether they'll have to battle for recognition in small venues instead of having 20-something songs and doing arena shows. It's about industry connections, not the trainees themselves.

So yes, some groups start with more advantages than others. It's not about the trainees, it's about company connections and ability to promote.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!