Rosé covers Viva la Vida for Pachinko Season 2

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Her very first soundtrack?!

• I take any Rosé music content!!!

But what is this Drama about?

The trailers never impressed me ;(

Per wiki:

Pachinko follows four generations of a Korean family, starting from 1915 to 1989. In 1931, Sunja leaves her family in Korea under Japanese rule, to move to the Koreatown of Osaka, Japan, and start a new life there. The series details the living conditions and discrimination of Korean immigrants in Japanese society..

Never watched it myself, but I have friends and family that rave about it

• Every time I see this show, I think it's Hachiko Monogatari. 😅

Pachinco was made by Apple TV+, so it's not a typical Kdrama, it's more like "The Song of Bandits" on Netflix. It's more mature than most Kdrama.

I hardly recognized Rose's voice, btw. This epic bgm is the main focus, not her vocals like in many other Hollywood trailers. I'm not even sure if they will release the OST, because for the 1st season they only released the Original Score from the composer.

• I take any Rosé music content!!!

But what is this Drama about?

The trailers never impressed me ;(

The book is about 4 generations of Korean living in under Japanese rule in Korea and then living in Japan as koreans during WWII and after. Largely centered around Sunja (gen 2) very fast paced, best book I've read this year but the ending could have been better😭

I think you'll find it interesting, Christianity comes up quite a bit

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• Thanks for sharing this. Brought tears to my eyes tbh. Rose's voice and the trailer itself. I had no clue this even existed.

PS - One of my grandfathers lived in Japan after WWII for business. Never really knew him tbh, i met him like three times my whole life. But he probably could have related very well to this story ;(

• According to AppleTV, ROSÉ’s “Viva La Vida” Cover will not only be a series trailer anthem but also Pachinko’s season 2 Finale Song.

“The trailer debuts a brand-new moving cover of Coldplay’s ‘Viva La Vida’ by global superstar ROSÉ of the record-breaking K-pop group Blackpink. In addition to debuting as the series’ trailer anthem, Rosé’s cover is featured in the ‘Pachinko’ season two finale.”

Pachinko 2 is set to release August 23rd

At last Rosé doing an OST! Can't wait to hear the whole song

External Content x.com

٨ـ٨ـ ѕιнуєση ـ٨ـ٨

220601403f462c3f3d77666d4902a8703199d320.gifv 2a61c9b910d2d9e18ead9f81ac4f88a32687bc84.gifv

Edited once, last by atropos ().

• Rosé and team finally moving

External Content twitter.com

• I dunno maybe i'm feeling randomly emo today but her few bits in the trailer really got to me.

I just found out more about this show on Wiki - it's literally one of the most well regarded TV shows and probably Apple TV's most acclaimed prestige drama.

I wonder how she nabbed the role, hopefully this is Teddy's connections bearing fruit for her or maybe her own that she made over the years. It's genius marketing though, the song, her vocals, and the trailer.

I am hopeful that mah Izone actors also get roles in this for season 3 ;( Minju, Hyewon, and Yuri's agents need to be calling up APPLE TV like yesterday X(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!