KioF (Kiss of Life) encore controvery

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I watched the encore performance earlier in the week, before I heard about any "controversy" surrounding it, and thought that they did a perfectly acceptable job.

• Like all other small company groups, they don't really have "fans" only a lot of multis who switch over to them for novelty or hype. A bunch of gidle multis probably jumped to them seeing how massively gidle's latest song plummeted

Gidle is in their second week of promoting and Klaxon is still rising on the charts. How has it plummeted?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Gidle is in their second week of promoting and Klaxon is still rising on the charts. How has it plummeted?

External Content x.com

im talking about international multi fans, hence spotify

• The particular controversial encore seems like an off-day for them rather than indicative of an inherent flaw in the group. Julie sounds almost just like the track (which she usually does as the rapper her lines require less vocal manipulation), Haneul is pitchy but loud and stable, Natty's distinctive timbre that she is known and loved for leaned too far on the nasly and raspy side today, probably due to vocal strain. Belle sounds worse for wear, most likely due to her bad vocal technique that has her squeezing out unsupported whistle and high notes daily.

Overall I would say people who use this video as proof that KIOF talent is is a lie are jumping the gun, eager to take them down over one off day. However as a fan it does concern me that if they don't begin using better vocal techniques (esp Natty and Belle), performances like this will become more common

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

giphy.gif

• The particular controversial encore seems like an off-day for them rather than indicative of an inherent flaw in the group. Julie sounds almost just like the track (which she usually does as the rapper her lines require less vocal manipulation), Haneul is pitchy but loud and stable, Natty's distinctive timbre that she is known and loved for leaned too far on the nasly and raspy side today, probably due to vocal strain. Belle sounds worse for wear, most likely due to her bad vocal technique that has her squeezing out unsupported whistle and high notes daily.

Overall I would say people who use this video as proof that KIOF talent is is a lie are jumping the gun, eager to take them down over one off day. However as a fan it does concern me that if they don't begin using better vocal techniques (esp Natty and Belle), performances like this will become more common

A Youtube vocal coach was talking up KIOF, but I think she just lost all credibility for me. tbh I don't think she even knows what supported means.

There is a male Youtube vocal coach too, but 1/2 the stuff he says is nonsense.

For me, I only rate BM now, but we haven't really seen a real live live performance of them yet.

• I don't really understand the controversy. Here are the 2 encores for references.

External Content www.youtube.com

Just last week there was a viral tweet about how good their encore sounded with 62K likes.

Then because of some posts, everyone has changed their mind and say it sounds bad??? Like???

It sounded fine to me - good even.

External Content twitter.com

There were some parts that sounded shaky/strained, but this is normal for any group (especially one that's been promoting non-stop like KIOF). For reference, NMIXX is seen as the standard for good encore. Here are the 2 best NMIXX encores:

There were parts that sounded pitchy/shaky too, just like KIOF. I don't think KIOF's encore sounded any worse off than NMIXX's. Both groups are talented so I'm a bit surprised why they're being extra harsh on KIOF. It seems like everyone is judging KIOF on a different standard. People seem to expect Big 4 quality from them (which they've been giving - at times even better than Big 4 groups), but forget they're from a tiny, TINY nugu company where they're the only group with maybe less than 5% of the budget.

• A Youtube vocal coach was talking up KIOF, but I think she just lost all credibility for me. tbh I don't think she even knows what supported means.

There is a male Youtube vocal coach too, but 1/2 the stuff he says is nonsense.

For me, I only rate BM now, but we haven't really seen a real live live performance of them yet.

Youtube "vocal coaches" reek of BS. I've never seen one that has actual credentials working with acclaimed vocalists like Beyonce or Adele, it's always random people that advertise online vocal lessons and make "vocal analysis" videos that either cater to fans by praising the artist or try to capitalize on hate-trains by giving harsh negative analysis. They use technical sounding terms like "supported" and "A5 note", "F sharp", etc. to sound more convincing to uneducated viewers.

I'm curious though your thoughts on NMIXX and Aespa? Most people would rate them even higher than BM.

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

giphy.gif

• External Content www.youtube.com

for reference

There's absolutly NOTHING wrong with the encore, wtf

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!