Exo, Mamamoo, Got7, Gfriend within 3rd gen more prominent legacy acts

• This thread makes me feel old already, since I lived 3rd gen peak, talk about all those distinguish acts of that gen like stars of the past is troubling for me. You can have any definition about what a legacy act is but for me it doesn't depend if a group is officially disbanded or not, or still releasing music sometimes, a group is a legacy act when they are not relevant enough anymore to be in the spotlight and are seen as a thing of the past, whatever they do is mostly limited to their circle of fans, nobody is checking out their music, new kpop fans are not familiar with them and not interested in becoming their fans.

For example since SM never disbands their groups super junior could as well never officially disband, hell they have probably made more comebacks in the last 10 years than a lot of 3rd gen groups but by all means they are totally irrelevant group who barely anybody checks out, and new kpop fans may recognize them a little since they are an important part of kpop but is just that, "hey is that group who was very popular 15 years ago". And the sad reality is, majority of 3rd gen kpop groups are already in that state, getting less streams than acts that have barely been a thing since a decade like girls generation or super junior. I will use youtube views to determine this, is the platform that was widely available since the 2nd gen and still one of the principal ways to consume kpop content.

Youtube Streams Range

Girls Generation: ~400K

Super Junior: ~200K

Exo: ~500K

Got7: ~100K

Mamamoo: ~300K

Monsta X: ~90K

Winner: ~100K

Momoland: ~100K

iKon: ~200K

Gfriend: ~100K

Source: Kworb

All of those acts were some of the most popular kpop groups around just 5 years ago, is terrific to see how damn fast things change on kpop and groups become things of the past, with some of the best bangers and biggest hits on kpop history getting dust barely being watched anymore like decalcomanie, overdose, ice cream cake or rough. And if this is the state of all those very popular groups of 3rd gen imagine how the lesser popular ones state.

But that's life my friends, sooner or later all our faves will be legacy acts, just another page on kpop history and only the memories will remain, but I can't lie, is shocking that those groups are already there with some releasing music not long ago, 3rd gen of kpop is over and you can do nothing about your faves being legacy group, the sad reality. And in no time some groups like red velvet, nct 127 and nct dream will be there too, they just have the SM never disbanding their groups thing in their favor, but they are on the edge already.

• You're trying way too hard. Unlike you coping Twice fans pining after the times when your group could at least chart above subterranean levels in Korea, fans of these groups have no insecurity or delusions about the status of their groups.

We know how much of a loser you'd have to be to still give a shit after stanning a group for over 10 years.

Most groups are disbanded by now.

Meanwhile Twice's charting is on par with what a disbanded group would do.

• Lol what’s wrong with being a legacy act. Sure those groups became legacy and legendary acts, but I bet you can’t say that groups from other companies have better longevity than SM groups. What matters is that they have the selling power, they have the core fandom and they love to make music. We will see what will happen with twice in their 20th year or at least on their 15th year. I can’t say they will be as relevant as Super Junior, TVXQ or Girls Generation, but time will tell.

• Also, I won’t call my faves Shinee as a legacy act. Since they are relevant at least in Korea and Japan- their main market. Every time they release album their sales will get higher. Also they have very big attendances in their concerts. They had mini Asian tour in 2023-2024. But when that shitty SM will give them World tour we will see their real relevance. I’m glad that Taemin announced his world tour with his new company. I don’t know if Nayeon will ever have that selling power that Taemin has. For example 275k tickets have been bought to watch his metamorph concert online in December 2023. IMG_5239.jpeg

• Day6 can't relate with 3 songs in Melon Daily Top 20

Irrelevant korean chart mention alert!!!! :pepe-cop:

It's okay, as long as they have a significant core audience that helps them to remain releasing music.

Most of them don't have that sadly, outside exo and got7 all those groups pretty much have no fandom anymore.

Lamest drag ever, mamamoo was not charting worse than current twice on 2021-2022 but they have always been irrelevant outside south korea and now are a death group, cry as much as you want it won't unflop or revive mamamoo, twice made 2 concerts this weekend of the size of an entire mamamoo tour, nugu mamamoo will never ever be on twice level!!!!

Put Red Velvet up there too :iconpepe:

I wish I could but I'm can't lie to myself, their stats are still good enough to not be a legacy act... but soon, very soon it will change :pepegrin:

Curiously this time is one of the few times I have been wrong with my kpop predictions, in 2020 I genuinely believed 3rd gen will overcome the 7 years curse because kpop was so big and international it was enough for a lot of groups, mostly in this list to survive. Silly me didn't realized how fickle all those groups career where, but how could I predict nugu mamamoo will become so unsuccessful or exo dumb military enlistment handle will ruin them this hard :pepe-in-bed:

Also, I won’t call my faves Shinee as a legacy act. Since they are relevant at least in Korea and Japan- their main market. Every time they release album their sales will get higher. Also they have very big attendances in their concerts. They had mini Asian tour in 2023-2024. But when that shitty SM will give them World tour we will see their real relevance. I’m glad that Taemin announced his world tour with his new company. I don’t know if Nayeon will ever have that selling power that Taemin has. For example 275k tickets have been bought to watch his metamorph concert online in December 2023. IMG_5239.jpeg

They are sadly a legacy act, their streams on youtube and spotify show it clearly, but being a legacy act doesn't mean you can have some success there and there when you do activities, snsd is a big example of that, if you were big enough you will still have something.

If any twice members can sustain at least 10% of twice touring power they will do good touring, misamo sold like 60K of a very small showcase tour on japan, but in the end all depends on how smart they can manage their careers outside twice.

• Curiously this time is one of the few times I have been wrong with my kpop predictions, in 2020 I genuinely believed 3rd gen will overcome the 7 years curse because kpop was so big and international it was enough for a lot of groups, mostly in this list to survive. Silly me didn't realized how fickle all those groups career where, but how could I predict nugu mamamoo will become so unsuccessful or exo dumb military enlistment handle will ruin them this hard :pepe-in-bed:

I partly blame the agencies, they suddenly give up on older groups (even if they're making bank) to bring in their new groups. Thereafter, it's mostly up to fandoms dedication.

I started stanning Exo post enlistment, I hope to experience their resurgence at least once but the way SM behaves I don't think it will happen ;(

• They are sadly a legacy act, their streams on youtube and spotify show it clearly, but being a legacy act doesn't mean you can have some success there and there when you do activities, snsd is a big example of that, if you were big enough you will still have something.

If any twice members can sustain at least 10% of twice touring power they will do good touring, misamo sold like 60K of a very small showcase tour on japan, but in the end all depends on how smart they can manage their careers outside twice.

Well 2nd gen stans aren’t known for streaming since it was not a thing back in the days. But their fandom is growing thanks to Shinee’s top tier music and mainly because of Taemin. They are a legacy act if you consider Spotify and YouTube streams. But from touring power, album sales, Youtube and Google searches and brand reputation rankings they are the top 2nd gen group and soloist, and more relevant than some 3rd and 4th gen groups.

• Lamest drag ever, mamamoo was not charting worse than current twice on 2021-2022 but they have always been irrelevant outside south korea and now are a death group, cry as much as you want it won't unflop or revive mamamoo, twice made 2 concerts this weekend of the size of an entire mamamoo tour, nugu mamamoo will never ever be on twice level!!!!

That's nice.

I'll rest easy at night knowing Mamamoo's last group release did these numbers at debut

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

While Twice's last chart debut was:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Making shit posts about Mamamoo, like MooMoos give a shit, won't erase the stain or pain of Twice's total and inescapable irrelevance in Korea.

They fell from MUCH greater heights than any of the groups you're doomposting, and they're lower than any of them in Korea today.

Imagine being a hardcore parasocial simp for a group that debuted at #1450 in MelOn and making all these low quality bait threads flaming other groups.

I'm not convinced you even like Twice, and just want to provoke me to expose the devastating reality of their fall from grace.

Congratulations. You've succeeded. When I'm done with my BP threads, I'll turn my attention back to them.

• And this embarrassing, pathetic and superficial knowledge of charts is the reason why you will continue to be dunked on by me forever, because you know nothing about anything and know even less about charts, mamamoo was flopping on korea in the last 2 years of their sad career WORSE than current twice, and that alone fill me with enough joy.

The streams of melon of irrelevant mamamoo were so much worse than twice that I can just laugh off anytime you think you are making a drag mentioning korean charts clown.

More & More: 79,700,000

I Can't Stop Me: 65,800,000

Dingga: 67,600,000

Aya: 26,900,000

Alcohol Free: 77,100,000

The Feels: 16,400,000

Scientist: 26,500,000

Where Are We Now: 7,400,000

Mumumumuch: 5,700,000

Talk that Talk: 34,300,000

Illella: 8,600,000

The last 2 years of the pathetic mamamoo career getting outstreamed by an unpromoted twice english single will make me shut up about it if I was you, but you simply are not smart enough. As I said so many times, try your hardest of elaborating a drag about twice success that immediately after doesn't become in a whacking of irrelevant mamamoo career and you could at least move me a little, your miserable and repetitive attempts of drag just bore me loser.

• I didn't read any of the above, but that's nice.

Good luck with your guaranteed flop thread.

When it does, it will have a lot in common with Twice every time they release a new album in Korea.

• Summary: Mamamoo's flop career is dead and no amount of cries and lies about twice will revive it.

I read this. Keep it short if you want me to wwaste my time reading anything you say.

I wish I was lying about Twice debuting at #1450 on MelOn. I legitimately didn't know the charts went into the 1000s until I found out how much they tanked in Korea.

TripleS charts better in Korea than Twice now. It's unbelievable really.

And I have you to thank for it, since your constant yapping about Twice was the ultimate set up and brought their abysmal metrics to my attention.

• yeah i also hate how things get older like that. i was in middle school when i got into kpop and now im in college. so many third gen songs mean so much to me and yet theyre being forgotten. i guess everything gets old

• For example since SM never disbands their groups super junior could as well never officially disband, hell they have probably made more comebacks in the last 10 years than a lot of 3rd gen groups but by all means they are totally irrelevant group who barely anybody checks out, and new kpop fans may recognize them a little since they are an important part of kpop but is just that,

And in no time some groups like red velvet, nct 127 and nct dream will be there too, they just have the SM never disbanding their groups thing in their favor, but they are on the edge already.

? SM groups like TRAX, f(x) and The Grace are disbanded though, there's a clear difference between SM groups like SHINee, TVXQ, EXO etc that still have activities and groups like f(x) and The Grace where all members aren't even around anymore.

Super Junior have their own sublabel where they have full control over their own group career and activities, kinda like YG's TheBlackLabel, which is the complete opposite end of being either officially or inofficially/informally disbanded.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!