The most viral stage and performance of the week deserves its own thread

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BunniesTaglist

Look at how much engagement this fancam is getting, Bunnies. But more importantly, Hanni was the immaculate embodiment of the vibe the original song, Blue Coral Reef by Seiko Matsuda, while infusing it with her own cute energy and endearing personality.

Not surprisingly, it's gone viral in Japan and deservedly so. :send-love-bunny:

• And a pop legend was born :pepe-toast: .

+100k retweet, +5m views, viral hanni at it again!

I really hope there is a spotify version of this because she made that song even better than it was!

• She's balancing cuteness and elegance perfectly

Her ability to float seamlessly between different concepts is why she is one of the biggest aces of her generation and such a bias wrecker for people both inside and outside the fandom.

Her recent message on Phoning was also filled with so much genuine love, gratitude and passion that anyone who reads it has to admire Hanni's dedication to her work and appreciation for the people who make it possible.

r/NewJeans - 240628 Hanni Phoning Calendar Update (KOR + ENG Translation by Phoning)

r/NewJeans - 240628 Hanni Phoning Calendar Update (KOR + ENG Translation by Phoning)

Tagging BunniesTaglist as it's required reading for anyone in this taglist

• I did a thread about some of her famous essays last year

I love how she is so genuinely passionate about what she does.

• Hanni is getting showered with love right now both in Japan and Korea for her solo performance at Tokyo Dome. Everyone is completely in awe of her. There's rows of people in airplanes watching her fancam, Korean and Japanese news always highlight her solo stage when covering news of NewJeans at Tokyo Dome, she's getting the original song back on the charts and her cover of Blue Coral Reef is even being played at Japanese clothing stores lol

This is crazyyyyyyyyyyy :wave-cry-raccoon:

I think it's safe to say NewJeans is slowly but gradually building a loyal fanbase in Japan thanks to the members' raw talents :blue-heart:

• Hanni is getting showered with love right now both in Japan and Korea for her solo performance at Tokyo Dome. Everyone is completely in awe of her. There's rows of people in airplanes watching her fancam, Korean and Japanese news always highlight her solo stage when covering news of NewJeans at Tokyo Dome, she's getting the original song back on the charts and her cover of Blue Coral Reef is even being played at Japanese clothing stores lol

This is crazyyyyyyyyyyy :wave-cry-raccoon:

I think it's safe to say NewJeans is slowly but gradually building a loyal fanbase in Japan thanks to the members' raw talents :blue-heart:

Even I didn't know most of that, but she honestly performed a superb cover of a classic song that would make the original singer beam with pride, and apparently that goes for everyone who saw it.

Have to give a special shout out to Hyein's cover of Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love too, my favorite City Pop song of all time. I even play it in FF14 when I'm on the bard class.

Both Hanni and Hyein will actually be performing both of their respective covers of Japanese television next week. That's how good they were.

Oh, I should link Hyein's too:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lol what are the odds that i stan chaewon and hanni, both of whom blew up in japan thanks to a cover of a japanese song, and yet neither of them are japanese lol

T*******y crying blood rn looking at hanni going viral :pepe-joy: :pepe-toilet:

Anyway watching hanni completely owning whatever stage she’s on has been a real satisfying experience. I remember last year she had a short dancing stage on weverse con with danielle and they were smoking hot 🥵, whilst the hanni of this japanese cover is so naturally cute and charming. You look at her perform and you think her charisma must be natural-born with how comfortable and in-her-elements she looks no matter the stage’s concept, but her pre-debut covers show just how much she’s improved and what appears to be innate performing instincts have actually been honed with a lot of hard work.

Aside from her godlike vocal colour, hanni’s performing abilities & charisma & charms are what really drew me to her and cemented her as one of my biases. The same thing basically applies to chaewon for me too lol. Stanning 2 talented legends means i never lose :smirks:

IMG-6821.jpg

Edited once, last by whiffy ().

• One of my favorite parts about Hanni's rise into becoming one of the most beloved idols of her generation seemingly everywhere is the journey she went on to get here and where she started.

Hanni was truly one of us just four or five years ago. She was just a huge K-Pop fan, who enjoyed doing dance covers with her friends and uploading them to YouTube.

Then she bet on herself, left the comfort of her family and home, went to a country whose language she didn't even speak, and sharpened herself into one of the best idols in the business today.

And now she is a superstar idol with fans all over the world. It's no wonder the experience feels surreal to her and she poured her heart into that recent Phoning post to try to express in words what that feels like for her.

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me around K-Pop more than anything else :holding-back-tears:

• Hanni's impact

External Content x.com

• That chaewon sneak 💀

T*******y crying blood rn looking at hanni going viral :pepe-joy: :pepe-toilet:

who?

• i loved hyeins cover too! What a great song and what a voice, what an aura :lover1:.

• Wonderful performance :send-love-bunny: Incredible to see all the love NJ are receiving from japan. They seems so happy promoting there.

You know a stage is special when a cover of a classic Japanese song, in Japan, started to go viral in Korea. There aren't even any official videos of the stage, just a fancam, which is getting views faster than most music show stages.

We're starting to enter a No Hanni No Life era :holding-back-tears:

• Minji gets her own post, and maybe even deserves her own thread. Like someone else mentioned, this performance is going viral too.

The steady growth of her vocals, and her confidence in those vocals, is just a joy to see.

• All the performed japanese songs saw max streaming increase in korea

External Content x.com

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• The song hanni covered reached a peak of 253 on melon.

All the covers were so well choosen and presented so well. And obviously the girls also gave amazing performances.

External Content x.com

Also hanni 2nd fancam to reach 3M views

External Content x.com

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• The song hanni covered reached a peak of 253 on melon.

All the covers were so well choosen and presented so well. And obviously the girls also gave amazing performances.

External Content x.com

Also hanni 2nd fancam to reach 3M views

External Content x.com

SHEESH :pepe-cringe:

I'm definitely going to make a thread about all this, but not now. I'm actually going to be seated for it, and I will leave it in the oven for a couple days to bake for a bit. Probably once their Japan promos end.

• External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Catgirl get in here

• External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Catgirl get in here

Still mad abt Hyein ;(

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Still mad abt Hyein ;(

YamaChwan you cant deny that they are doing absolutely nothing for her ;(

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• I got this clip in my youtube shorts and didnt even realize it was Hanni at first lol, the japanese threw me off.

Anways, I cannot get over this. Hanni's beauty/elegance, the vocals, and the song cover, all of it perfect. The dress + short hair just works so well she looks sooooo good. I hope their vocals will be utilized more in future releases.

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!