Why do some people side with companies?

• These greedy slave driving companies who treat idols like animals. And I see users defending companies???

Do you even realise how tough it is to be an idol? The pay is so bad if you don't make it you get in huge debt... These idols aren't treated well.

Haven't you seen all the experience from former idols ?? And people actually side with them ? It is really freaking WEIRD.

• Probably because some people have spent wayyy too much on that company for their favs or they have shares in them xD this would be at least somewhat logical reason.

But I have seen enough tesla fanboys and other corporate bootlickers to know, they don't need any valid reason to take sides. They just love rich companies to brag and shit on anyone who isn't maintaining the status quo.

• Because they love all their idols and the music released by their labels. Eg YG and it's hiphop style...

And because they want their fav's companies to be on top.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• These greedy slave driving companies who treat idols like animals. And I see users defending companies???

Do you even realise how tough it is to be an idol? The pay is so bad if you don't make it you get in huge debt... These idols aren't treated well.

Haven't you seen all the experience from former idols ?? And people actually side with them ? It is really freaking WEIRD.

I remember a thread, I think it was reddit, where someone pointed out that Nmixx, the individual members, hadn't been well served by the choices JYPE has made - they don't get a chance for individual promotions to grow their name, bad song choices have limited the public reach and therefore the extra opportunities the members get, and incidents like the fake music cut out hurts their brand name and could potentially limit the members professional opportunities both as a group and as individuals. Basically diminishing the chance the members could grown their own brand and earn more money and visibility.

All pretty reasonable points.

You know what the overarching response was? 'JYPE makes the most profit' or 'JYPE has the most revenue'. That's right - the number one defense of poor management of Nmixx was the CEO and shareholders are making money. Absolutely no concern for the members income or professional opportunities - the shareholders of JYPE are making money - so its all good.

Kpop stans, unwittingly, often side with management (the ceo and shareholders) over the labour (the idols), very very often, because they think money of the label is success and don't have the maturity and understanding of labour exploitation.

You'll see it so often with so call stans going 'oh I hate SM - just wait a minute whilst I purchase another 10 albums off them'. It's incredible how often they unknowingly support the very things they decry.

• Because it's normal fan behavior.

This isn't a Kpop thing though some ignorant Kpop fans think it is.

Whether it's Apple, Microsoft, McDonalds, Disney etc.... normal people support companies and normal people disagree with them

• Because the world is not black or white sometimes

And behind this company there's human CEO who are greedy and hungry for money

The same way these idols that we often directly consider as the victim are also greedy behind the scene and we don't know their true personality

Ceos are notorious for this in the kpop industry.... It's just too many are scared to sue

If it's reached a point where an idol does if has to be that bad

• Market forces apply to working conditions. If one company offers much better conditions, either they’ll demand a lot more from their workers (harsher deadlines, longer hours), or they’ll get so many applicants that they’ll have crazy high standards to get in. Every coder wants to work for Google/Apple, but only the top 0.001% have a chance.

• Ceos are notorious for this in the kpop industry.... It's just too many are scared to sue

If it's reached a point where an idol does if has to be that bad

What i am saying is that behind every companies there's a human who's greedy

And behind every idols there's a human who's greedy

Human are naturally bad, greedy, jealous

I know it's a common thing in our century to vilainize everybody and everything who have a big power and make of the victim the weakest because it push this narrative of david vs goliath, with the big and rich companies and person vs the poor people

But poor people are as bad too, just take the example of hwayoung and t-ara

Everybody sided with hwayoung because she was the weak person in the story against the big company that mbk used to be

So automatically for people hwayoung was the good guy and mbk the bad guy without having half of the story

Turns out hwayoung was the bad guy and mbk the good guy in the story

I just find this stupid to side with a company as much than it is stupid to side with an idol

Unless there's enough element :

For example in the MHJ vs HYBE there was enough element coming by the two side to make your own opinion and side with one side

But for example in the SM vs CBX who feel kinda the same situation, we have 0 elements

So i find this stupid to side either with cbx or sm

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Its not always the same for every case. Its always that some company are good and some are bad. The same applied to idols that not all of them innocent and good which also not all of them are bad.. People can know a lot of things about idols life during their career but a little we know about the owner or ceo that truly fight for their idols. Idols and top management can be greedy person and bad person if they want.. The case when you want sided with your idols commonly happen to top 10 company. Apart from criminal and abusive case, its hard to pick side with other companies..

If we talk the pay, then its a common sense that they company got more of it. Its not a charity to produce idols with the huge money needed and come from their owner pocket and investors with huge risk they took. Failed and disband idols mostly can still get through their life and no debt from company but the fail owner or ceo can be debt and file for bankruptcy after their company doom..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!