Let's not forget what CL said about Jennie

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

crouching rabbit hidden dragon

• what was the context. Was she responding to something?

"A number of alleged BLACKPINK fans thought it was shade against Jennie as it coincided in the time ‘SOLO’ was released

With initial reactions claiming CL was targeting Jennie’s release, CL took it into her own hands to clear the air. She wasn’t referring to Jennie, she was only celebrating Dara‘s birthday! Dara’s nickname has been ‘rabbit/bunny’ since their 2NE1 days. BLACKJACKs soon jumped onto the threads to explain that the only rabbit in CL’s book is Dara"

• "A number of alleged BLACKPINK fans thought it was shade against Jennie as it coincided in the time ‘SOLO’ was released

With initial reactions claiming CL was targeting Jennie’s release, CL took it into her own hands to clear the air. She wasn’t referring to Jennie, she was only celebrating Dara‘s birthday! Dara’s nickname has been ‘rabbit/bunny’ since their 2NE1 days. BLACKJACKs soon jumped onto the threads to explain that the only rabbit in CL’s book is Dara"

I know she used the Dara nickname as the excuse, but it doesn't even make sense like ??

• It’s also the fastest way to find out something bad about someone (even if not true). Just randomly say something good and eventually someone going through keyword search will find you and correct you in why you are a terrible person for stanning this other person or group.

• Hmm, the explanation or excuse given for the tweet doesn't really explain that much nor does it make sense tbh, regardless what Blackjacks claim.

I don't think there was that much close, personal contact between 2NE1 and Blackpink members anyway but that's maybe more of a 2NE1 thing, except for Bigbang they weren't that close (and even uncomfortable) with any other groups. Or maybe it's more of a 2nd gen YG thing.

But this is all old news, has anything happened or is there any reason to bring this up again aside from nostalgia reminiscing?

I mean, both groups 2NE1 and Blackpink aren't really that active or around anymore.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• what was the context. Was she responding to something?

Just to add, it wasn't just that her album was cancelled and Jennies debut replacing it (considering YG considered her the CL of BP which was created as a pretty version of 2ne1 that must have extra stung), the entire thing was done, MV recorded and everything and it got cancelled again. She even leaked the MV. This was also around the time that Scooter Braun was in charge of her in the US and already said YG was blocking him from doing his job for her until the contract with him eventually ran out.

• Just to add, it wasn't just that her album was cancelled and Jennies debut replacing it (considering YG considered her the CL of BP which was created as a pretty version of 2ne1 that must have extra stung), the entire thing was done, MV recorded and everything and it got cancelled again. She even leaked the MV. This was also around the time that Scooter Braun was in charge of her in the US and already said YG was blocking him from doing his job for her until the contract with him eventually ran out.

Just to add that you are lying bc Jennie debut wasn't a replacement for anything. It was something planned months ago even before D4 so don't try to imply anything to justify a "possible" embarrassment shade.

CL problem was with YGE, leave BP out of it and it's funny how she commented this on Jennie solo debut day and complained on YG insta in a Jisoo post like such a coincidence.

Edit: "If you ask me to distinguish Blackpink from 2NE1, I want to say I did not try to make them different," Yang said. "If you ask me what differentiates them from other girl groups, I will say I did not form them with that in mind. I tried to make the YG version of a girl group like I did with 2NE1. But this time I wanted the girls to look pretty too, with skills."

Btw YGE never said they were a prettier version of 2ne1, but they are indeed a prettier version of YGE gg.

• Just to add that you are lying bc Jennie debut wasn't a replacement for anything. It was something planned months ago even before D4 so don't try to imply anything to justify a "possible" embarrassment shade.

CL problem was with YGE, leave BP out of it and it's funny how she commented this on Jennie solo debut day and complained on YG insta in a Jisoo post like such a coincidence.

Edit: "If you ask me to distinguish Blackpink from 2NE1, I want to say I did not try to make them different," Yang said. "If you ask me what differentiates them from other girl groups, I will say I did not form them with that in mind. I tried to make the YG version of a girl group like I did with 2NE1. But this time I wanted the girls to look pretty too, with skills."

Btw YGE never said they were a prettier version of 2ne1, but they are indeed a prettier version of YGE gg.

This isn't really my discussion and I was just browsing, and while I agree with you that CL had a bigger conflict with YG, the guy after all who disbanded their group, this is what YG according to your (interview?) quote stated:

". I tried to make the YG version of a girl group like I did with 2NE1. But this time I wanted the girls to look pretty too, with skills."

Think what you want, but YG saying that he now wanted a girl group with girls that looked pretty too aside from skills, does point indirectly towards 2NE1. Even more if you consider that the 2NE1 girls often complained themselves how YG frequently called them ugly and suggested PS to them.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• This happened years ago, why are we talking about it again ?

Coz

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Coz

External Content youtu.be

Has kpop become so boring that we need to recycle drama ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!