Do idols really work way harder than normal citizens?

• I wonder this. I've had to work 14 hours shifts 5-7 a lot of hot sun, rain heavy lifting. Is leaning choreo jumping on planes and performing on stage as exhausting as we make it out to be?

I mean between comebacks they get how many days off? How much time off? I'm just wondering. Does the average idol work harder than the average citizen wdyt? Ofc it varies we have some people who's job is to take phone calls in a comfortable chair and the rest of the day go on Facebook and then others in the mines just like it probably varies with idols. You have your twices and then your blackpinks.

• I wonder this. I've had to work 14 hours shifts 5-7 a lot of hot sun, rain heavy lifting. Is leaning choreo jumping on planes and performing on stage as exhausting as we make it out to be?

I mean between comebacks they get how many days off? How much time off? I'm just wondering. Does the average idol work harder than the average citizen wdyt? Ofc it varies we have some people who's job is to take phone calls in a comfortable chair and the rest of the day go on Facebook and then others in the mines just like it probably varies with idols. You have your twices and then your blackpinks.

Yes they do and in some cases no they don't. This question is subjective. There's people out there that works harder than you, but that doesn't invalidate your experience or complaints that comes with it.

These questions can be dangerous, because it often leads to dismissing another group and then marginalizing them. So that their issue or struggle is seen as not important or not important enough.

• I think they deal with a lot more mental pressure than some jobs. Which is its own kind of difficult. Sure I work long hours and at most my boss judges me. Idols work long hours while also having to face mass scrutiny while doing their job. Me, personally I don’t think I can take that.

• If you take a yearly average, probably not. If you look specifically at a 3 week period of learning the choreo, shooting the mv, making content video, attending music videos ectera. Then yeah, they're doing incredibly long hours of physical activity without eating or sleeping for weeks at a time.

• Their work worth it their pay but it Depend on the idols popularity and schedule.. The top idol like BTS, Twice and BP is really busy during their active time and got some time to rest between other works when promotion over.. The concert and comeback really tiring with the plane goes back and forth..

The busiest idols that noticed are Eunbi and Ive especially Wonyoung , how they are doing tours, comeback and festival with include other variety shows and ads. Noticed that Rei during RM episode sometime look tired and doze off.. The planes they are taking and jetlag suffering really affect the body.

Physical tiredness is better than mental fatigue which will affect your life later

• I think they deal with a lot more mental pressure than some jobs. Which is its own kind of difficult. Sure I work long hours and at most my boss judges me. Idols work long hours while also having to face mass scrutiny while doing their job. Me, personally I don’t think I can take that.

Yeah, exactly. That's why you see a lot of Disney stars lose it later in life because the pressure is immense.

• Yes they do and in some cases no they don't. This question is subjective. There's people out there that works harder than you, but that doesn't invalidate your experience or complaints that comes with it.

These questions can be dangerous, because it often leads to dismissing another group and then marginalizing them. So that their issue or struggle is seen as not important or not important enough.

also not a public figure

i would be crazy in a week if i was on the public eye.

the hate they get for really small things

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• also not a public figure

i would be crazy in a week if i was on the public eye.

the hate they get for really small things

This too it's something alot of people are overlooking. At best if you make a mistake at work it's only your boss or potentially the coworkers you worked with that will criticize you. Whereas these public figures are subject to everyone's criticism regardless of what it is they did or didn't do. From their own business to random people from all walks of life regardless if they are interested in them or not. Hell they even get shit for or not saying something about x y or z social movements including stuff that culturally, naturally and national/reigonally has nothing to do with them including things above thier pay grade. People miss that this stuff has serious stress attached to it. These kpop idols are human just like you and your loved ones they are entertainers nothing more stop looking at them to be ambassadors of earth and humanity the UN or life coaches these are people not God's stop acting like it

• I think some do, keep in mind that majority of idols starts from the age of 14 and have to go through all stages of idol life. I think some normal folks have it better.

Denise an ex-Secret Number member have some good insights on her experiences:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

---======---

• I think an average person works harder.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you take a yearly average, probably not. If you look specifically at a 3 week period of learning the choreo, shooting the mv, making content video, attending music videos ectera. Then yeah, they're doing incredibly long hours of physical activity without eating or sleeping for weeks at a time.

Not from a Korean artist, but I saw a video some years ago where the YT channel "Asian Boss" spend a day with the leader of a Japanese boygroup and he said, that his group was working from 9am to 10pm every day unless they would train for a tour or for a new album, than they would sometimes even work till 1am. Plus he said about himself that he personaly also hangs 1 extra hour on top cause he didn't had any dance training before debuting with his group so he thinks he needs to catch up more by training harder. Which already sounds quit a lot actually tho

On the other hand the members of my Korean ulti group said years back that they felt quit lucky with the company they are signed to, since the CEO of their company dosn't wants anyone to overwork themselfs, so they also have sometimes enough days off in a month, that they even can take smaller trips somewhere if they want (as far I remember their leader said years back that he mostly takes his days off to travel back to his parents place to spend like 3 days or so with them)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!