The opinions of the former judges and the law firm representatives in the Hybe vs. Min Hee-jin breach of contract case

• As this is just a professional opinions not the update on the case, I think it should be allowed to stand by itself, right?

Source

As the conflict between Hybe, Korea's largest music agency, and Min Hee-jin, CEO of its subsidiary label Ador, intensifies, attention is focused on how Hybe will conclude the 'charges of breach of trust in office' that Hybe accused CEO Min of.

According to the legal community on the 27th, CEO Min is currently being reported to the police on charges of breach of trust, etc., following Hybe's claim that she attempted to usurp Adore's management rights. However, the prevailing view is that if the breach of trust was not actually committed and no damage occurred to Hybe, it would be difficult to bring charges.

Lee Hyeon-gon, former judge and CEO of Saeol Law Firm, wrote on Facebook the previous day, “I do not understand whether Hybe’s claim meets the requirements for breach of trust,” and “usurpation of management rights is a legally meaningless claim.” He pointed out that he does not understand the logic of why Ador's manager (Min Hee-jin) is accused of usurping management rights.

Attorney Lee said, “Even if CEO Min tried to increase the stock stake by bringing in investors, I don’t know why that would be a breach of trust, regardless of whether it was implemented or not.” He added, “Hostile M&A is also legally done, but receiving external investment does not cause any damage to the company.” “Isn’t that right?” he said.

He also said, “Even though it is the parent company and the majority shareholder, it is a separate and independent corporation with a different shareholder composition than its affiliates.” “There is a possibility that this could amount to a breach of trust,” he added.

Attorney A, another former chief judge, said, “Hybe’s accusation against Min Hee-jin seems to be ‘intentionally causing damage to the company by lowering the company’s value in order to benefit the company,’ but it does not seem likely to be a breach of trust.” He added, “The attempt itself. “Not only are there not many crimes that are punished, but this is especially true for economic crimes,” he told Edaily.

In addition, several lawyers also said, “The crime of breach of trust cannot be established through conspiracy alone.” “If it is just a discussion stage, it is difficult to punish breach of trust because there are no provisions for punishment for preparation or conspiracy.” “Hybe cited KakaoTalk messages as the basis for breach of trust.” “It is questionable whether a crime of breach of trust will be established to this extent,” they said in unison.

However, the legal opinion is that there is room for dispute if there is clear evidence that CEO Min initiated the act of breach of trust with the knowledge that damage could occur to Hybe or that property damage actually occurred to Hybe.

In relation to this, Representative Min completely denied his suspicions in a radio interview on the 26th following a press conference on the 25th. Representative Min appeared on CBS Radio's 'Kim Hyun-jung's News Show' and said, "I don't know if imagination is a sin," and added, "I have listened to various opinions, sometimes seriously, sometimes lightly. “It seems so strange to piece together all of this and drive it forward,” she said. She then emphasized, “No matter what I try to do, I must receive Hybe's approval (with 80% of Adore’s shares), and I cannot do anything with this share (CEO Min’s 20%) on my own.”

Shin Sejong Law Firm, which served as legal representation for Representative Min, also said, “There is no preliminary offense in breach of trust. He added the opinion, “No maritime acts were found in the data released by Hybe, and conspiracy alone does not constitute breach of trust.

Conspiracy theories on why they ask her to resign by herself first and publicized this controversy instead of handling it in silent to pressure her. They probably really didn't want her in Hybe anymore.

• If there is illegal sh*t going on, it needed to be made public lol since Hybe is a public-traded company.

Well, if...

Hybe's problem now is that there's no proof yet. They haven't taken any legal action against her when they publicized this controversies and they've already told her to resign publicly. All this without strong evidence yet. As mentioned above, if MHJ didn't cause any damage to the company and if she wants to leave Hybe is still in the planning phase even if it's true, then it's not a breach of contract. It's not illegal. They should handle this silently.

• Like I said in another thread

All these doesn't matter except the final conclusion which is whether or not MHJ did plan anything sus

Well I think the point of contention that the legal experts discuss here is that planning something sus and implementation of something sus in the corporate world are two different things and only one of those could be seen as a breach of trust. If I'm reading this correctly, they're saying even the "sus" activities aren't even a breach of trust for an independently operated subsidiary.

Oh boy.

• Well I think the point of contention that the legal experts discuss here is that planning something sus and implementation of something sus in the corporate world are two different things and only one of those could be seen as a breach of trust. If I'm reading this correctly, they're saying even the "sus" activities aren't even a breach of trust for an independently operated subsidiary.

Oh boy.

Thinking of something and seeing your other options is definitely not a crime is what I am getting from this

• Thinking of something and seeing your other options is definitely not a crime is what I am getting from this

What I'm also getting here is that the fact ADOR is an independently operated sub label, which MHJ has a 20% ownership stake in, could allow for her to legally discuss and consider ways to increase her ownership stake without it being considered a breach of trust legally.

I've just assumed this was an easy open and shut case for Hybe once it goes to court but maybe it isn't.

If they lose in court....oh boy. I honestly can't even begin to predict what happens after

• It's not surprising, tbh. It seems like their primary goal was to remove her no matter what. They already achieved what they wanted and were able to replicate her work effortlessly. Their intention was likely to push her out without compensating her, and that non-compete clause would have restricted her from starting another group under a different label.

They tricked her hard lol.

When she refused to resign, they opted to go public with all of this. They probably already knew that their claims alone wouldn't be sufficient to win in court against her. Instead, their strategy seemed to be to air the dispute in public to pressure her to resign.

Cause there is no way that after everything that happened they can still work together. They won’t be able to trust each other.

• But this judge doesn’t have all the information of this case to conclude - so again this is all speculation based on incomplete info. The actual police and judge will be the ones to decide if there is enough evidence to support HYBE’s claims.

One other point, he highlighted it’s not a crime if it’s just a plan that has not been put into action. Well, if she had a plan to do a public war and it’s occurred - isn’t that actually ‘action’??

• What I'm also getting here is that the fact ADOR is an independently operated sub label, which MHJ has a 20% ownership stake in, could allow for her to legally discuss and consider ways to increase her ownership stake without it being considered a breach of trust legally.

I've just assumed this was an easy open and shut case for Hybe once it goes to court but maybe it isn't.

If they lose in court....oh boy. I honestly can't even begin to predict what happens after

They could have lived in harmony smh :meme-listening:

• HYBE’s media campaign with articles outline the audit and their claim re MHJ’s wrong doing, which is required for public listed companies, isn’t the same as a 2 hour public conference name dropping innocent ppl into this mess, stirring up media frenzy, and going on to do more more interviews and release media articles too.

Public war isn’t necessary about who went to the media or public first but who reallllllly escalated and used it. HYBE has done zero press con or any interviews - they only release official statement or articles. MHJ has done it all- TV, interviews, radio etc.

• HYBE’s media campaign with articles outline the audit and their claim re MHJ’s wrong doing, which is required for public listed companies, isn’t the same as a 2 hour public conference name dropping innocent ppl into this mess, stirring up media frenzy, and going on to do more more interviews and release media articles too.

Public war isn’t necessary about who went to the media or public first but who reallllllly escalated and used it. HYBE has done zero press con or any interviews - they only release official statement or articles. MHJ has done it all- TV, interviews, radio etc.

With the shit ton of "insider report" false rumors hybe was leaking for media play purposes they definitely did start the public war

• Hybe appears to have evidence which would be crucial, and it is not going to reveal these before the actual trial. Bang will just let people talk about it while his lawyers destroy Min.

All of these optimism comes from the cold fact that if Min goes, NJ will either be put into the back burner or will be given the GFriend treatment, and never be important again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!