Can your faves really sing without backtracks, autotune? Stayc and Miyeon showing you what your faves REALLY sound like without help.

• i'm just going to repeat the same thing i posted before. it annoys me to no end when kpop stans out of all people criticize singing. this is no hate to anyone cause i literally feel the same way about the group I stan

"If I'll be honest, there really isnt any vocalist in a 4th gen group that wows me apart from Lilly and Haewon. It's sort of why I've always internally cringed whenever people say Yunjin an opera singer. She never had the formal training; it was just a middle school/high school performance she did one time.

But I don't listen to Kpop for the vocals. And you don't need to be a powerhouse vocalist to be a great performer (example: Britney spears and JLO).

It's sort of why it's really weird to me whenever a majority of Kpop stans make fun of how le sserafim can't sing. I see the groups they follow and if you technically analyze their singing technique, they arent that strong either... I'm talking nasality, support, and things you don't think about unless you have a background in vocal techniques/music theory.

But that doesn't stop me from listening to their music so :pepestare: "

• His weverse lives are so random but fun for many reasons... :pepe-life-support:

• my faves can sing well even without music

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• my faves can sing well even without music

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not always. I've seen a youtube where they were pretty sketchy, when trying to assess their vocals. Its why I'd rate BM better vocally.

imo StayC might be the most consistent at real lives, but sometimes, they have misses as well.

Its pretty much academic now, because most groups will use all sorts of technology, and some will even record a version of a song for each performance that they do, to trick MR.

• Not always. I've seen a youtube where they were pretty sketchy, when trying to assess their vocals. Its why I'd rate BM better vocally.

imo StayC might be the most consistent at real lives, but sometimes, they have misses as well.

Its pretty much academic now, because most groups will use all sorts of technology, and some will even record a version of a song for each performance that they do, to trick MR.

I want to see KISS OF LIFE on Coachella, Korea will be proud of their live performance

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Its pretty much academic now, because most groups will use all sorts of technology, and some will even record a version of a song for each performance that they do, to trick MR.

You're right, I recently saw a video about some tiktok influencers faking their voices on tiktoks (on a baseline they were good singers but on thier tiktoks they sing without mics and all but sounded like highly gifted, talented and effortless singers). When the said exposing YouTube channel explained each technical aspect of editing involved, subtle use of autotune, post production editing and also real time live editing/high end equipment use I was so surprised. Mind you this was all manual edits, no AI involved. With new AI tech I think the editing game has stepped up to a whole another level.

I think the only people you can trust rn with some confidence are well trained musicians with credientials and maybe the raw vocals you see on streets while busking.

• My fave has this down.

External Content youtu.be

• My fave has this down.

External Content youtu.be

Oh god, I forgot PSY is such a beast performer. A true entertainer.

• I much prefer that STAYC performance to one that's all just MR. I think you're wildly exaggerating how bad it sounds. Yes it's not "perfect" but it still sounds good, it sounds real. Yes, it doesn't sound exactly like the song audio, but if you're looking for that, why even go to a concert? The most boring concerts I've been to are the ones where they just tried to replicate each song exactly like the record on stage. If you like dancing so much go stan a dance team. There are tons of comments with thousands of likes praising them in that video's comment section. Anyways, it sounds significantly better than any LSF encore I've heard.

• I said I wouldn't but i'm gonna use this thread to

share in the fun with my faves

they are nugu's and need love

• And then there is Idle's main vocal struggling like crazy with her non choreo live performance.

- OST so doesn't practice the song often (or at all).

- Was between 2 events that day

- Had an offtune performance and immediately apologised for it.

- The OST is also a vocal song, properly vocal and has a higher degree of difficult then a standard Kpop song.

So.. circumstances completely different.

Miyeon's had 8 years of great live singing behind her. (She was on tour with Urban Zakapa, a respected outfit, prior to debut). An anomaly isn't going to change that.

But I'll give you a 'you tried' sticker. 4/10 from you.

• Last one cause this is just heaven

External Content twitter.com

There is also a reason why him just saying Euphoria is the background for some of the most watched insta reels ever which are AI generated houses with a cozy heavenly vibe....his voice is just other wordly beautiful when he sings in a particular way

Siyad Ali on Instagram
    22M likes, 71K comments - siyad_abdali on November 11, 2023
    www.instagram.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!