Do Dreamcatcher have the best vocal line for bigger group?

• Everbody know Mamamoo wins for smaller groups, but if we are talking about groups that have more members, I think Dreamcatcher have the best vocal line currently in kpop at least for ggs. I have no idea about bgs, because I do not actively follow them.

Even their main dancer Sua sounds like main vocalist. Dami is rapper, but she still sang nice bridge there. Yoohyeon is incredible for lead vocalist and Jiu is really stable. I think Gahyeon and Handong have improved lot too. Siyeon as main vocalist have exremely rare stylistic way of singing.

Their live singing is so damn good!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dreamcatcher, WJSN, Oh My Girl that would be top for bigger groups

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Siyeon is a rare talent that doesn't come around very often, absolutely outstanding. But what is amazing is that even if you take her away, she isn't carrying the group at all. If Yoohyeon was a main vocalist in any other group she'd be on all the "best" lists too. A lot of people automatically assume all of the adlibs and power notes are all Siyeon but most of the time it's split with Yoo and she can execute them perfectly live too.

Sua is main vocalist material in another group also. Jiu doesn't have power vocals but she is never out of tune, she is reliable and her vocals are so sweet and pure.. Handong doesn't get the recognition either... another strong vocalist with a unique rich, full tone. With more lines people will eventually see. Gahyeon and Dami being the "weakest" obviously as they are more the rappers, but it is totally true that even they can hold a damn nice tune. Dami's singing voice is especially pretty.

I don't actually think they have an actual weak singer which is pretty amazing. If they are doing a live it's nice not to be on edge worrying if someone is going to hit all the notes....

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• I am very picky about female vocals. I dislike pitchy or nasal types and so DC is an answer to my prayer because none of them are nasal or pitchy! They are def. my fav GG KPOP vocals hands down. They can sing alone or the way they harmonize with each other and their ranges blending together is heaven to my ears.

• they're all weak. only yoohyeon can be considered as an average singer :/

id say they are pretty balanced as singer for a group of this size tho

I am guessing you don't like Siyeon. I don't know in what world she would be classed as weak though regardless of personal taste.

Listen with eyes closed. All sound nearly as if not as good as the record. And same goes for 99% of their other lives. If they were weak singers there would be tuning issues amongst other things.

If these are weak singers then most of kpop must be down in the gutter to you.

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

• Explain. They all sound great to me :cryingr:

first things off, their main vocalist siyeon has a terrible technique. her voice seems very uncontrolled and shows too much tension and throatiness when she sings, which can be dangerous for her vocal cords in the long term. furthermore, her support is weak, and her range very limited, almost inexistent. girlie cannot go higher than the 4th octave without showing tension. in her live vocals videos, you can hear how airy her high notes are, especially when using her head voice. finally, her lower range is very much underdeveloped, to the point that her F#3s are pretty much inaudible. yoohyeon does show support on the other hand, and her technique is wayyy healthier but she lacks agility, and overall doesn't come as close as other main vocalists of her gen (rosé, jihyo, etc). other members aren't standouts either. they're mediocre at best, and all of them, although they might sound stable live, showed 0 support and a non-existent technique.

in conclusion, being stable on stage isn't synonym for good vocals, sorry.

loonapop only

Pin by ʀɪɴᴀ on LOOΠΔ | We heart it, Image, Find image

• Vocal line for bigger group? 🤔 it's the OG SNSD. 4/8 or 5/9 can actually supports the notes and able to use breath control even if it's not perfect. Call me fake vocal coach or whatever but vocal technique is the most accurate to rank them.

Taeyeon, Jessica, Seohyun, Tiffany, and Sunny. They're all can sing for real with proper technique. Subjectively, they're also great singers especially Taengsic. Sooyoung and Yuri? lead vocal material for sure but SunTifSeo are way skilled, Soo and Yuri could be lead vocal in another group. Hyoyeon and Yoona are sub vocalist but they can sing for real, not just talking or sing out of tune.

Ignore technique, i still think that SNSD as a group are vocally gifted. Everyone can sing or at least stay in tune, even their sub-vocalist can handle high notes (since kpop-fans favor high notes a lot).

• first things off, their main vocalist siyeon has a terrible technique. her voice seems very uncontrolled and shows too much tension and throatiness when she sings, which can be dangerous for her vocal cords in the long term. furthermore, her support is weak, and her range very limited, almost inexistent. girlie cannot go higher than the 4th octave without showing tension. in her live vocals videos, you can hear how airy her high notes are, especially when using her head voice. finally, her lower range is very much underdeveloped, to the point that her F#3s are pretty much inaudible. yoohyeon does show support on the other hand, and her technique is wayyy healthier but she lacks agility, and overall doesn't come as close as other main vocalists of her gen (rosé, jihyo, etc). other members aren't standouts either. they're mediocre at best, and all of them, although they might sound stable live, showed 0 support and a non-existent technique.

I've never in all the time as a fan seen someone completely dismiss Siyeon and actually call her weak. Her voice stands out by miles as a powerful force. So the people who appointed her main vocal were tripping then? and everyone that is floored by her voice are wrong?

I've seen vocal coaches get into them and they are impressed with both her and Yoohyeon so it doesn't seem like your opinion is shared universally with those who also know about the technicalities.

I can't argue technicalities because I am not qualified, but I know what I hear and that is that they sound as good as the recorded version almost every time, if not better. Unlike 95% of groups who usually always have at least one member going out of tune or something very obviously bad. The point of this thread is comparing them to all of the other groups with a lot of members right.

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

• first things off, their main vocalist siyeon has a terrible technique. her voice seems very uncontrolled and shows too much tension and throatiness when she sings, which can be dangerous for her vocal cords in the long term. furthermore, her support is weak, and her range very limited, almost inexistent. girlie cannot go higher than the 4th octave without showing tension. in her live vocals videos, you can hear how airy her high notes are, especially when using her head voice. finally, her lower range is very much underdeveloped, to the point that her F#3s are pretty much inaudible. yoohyeon does show support on the other hand, and her technique is wayyy healthier but she lacks agility, and overall doesn't come as close as other main vocalists of her gen (rosé, jihyo, etc). other members aren't standouts either. they're mediocre at best, and all of them, although they might sound stable live, showed 0 support and a non-existent technique.

Hey look our regular AKP PhD vocal teacher has arrived. Thank god we have you

Oh it's a quote from that complete BS ranking again. Hello. There is no point discussing this piece of crap. It sounds like author is heavily pressed by existence of better singer than their fave.

What Dreamcatcher excels at is voice projection. Every single member from Dami to Siyeon sings with proper volume and weight to their voice. Vast majority of K-pop GGs are the opposite, their voices are very thin, quiet and light. Almost not there. Only one or two members (mostly main vocal) have that strong, definite tone.

I have quite sensitive ear and experience with music (guitar and piano player for ~15 years).

Yoohyeon is getting better with every comeback. She was great before but now she is simply amazing.

SuA has a lot of potential but she puts too much weight sometimes and some of her notes sound forced.

Siyeon worried me a bit during BOCA as she was unstable at times. In Odd Eye first stage she was perfect.

As a group DC is definitely at the very top in terms of vocals. Maybe the best out of currently active 7 member groups.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!