[TW: Suicide mentioned] Do you guys think its worth it to keep criticizing idols that are already getting mass hate?

• I was thinking this earlier. I'm on this forum criticizing Sakura like my words arent a drop in the ocean of criticisms and hate she's already getting. Why? Do we honestly think of these idols as human? Are we not concerned that the same thing that happened to idols who committed suicide is happening right now? I know I'm a hypocrite, but I'm willing to change what I'm doing. I just don't even think its worth it. If one of the LSFM girls dies tomorrow all of this would go out the window. I think they have heard enough already...

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• I find it insane that it's almost Wednesday in Korea and this hasn't died down yet. From a performance that happened Saturday.

It's infiltrating everywhere too. When I linked a video of NewJeans doing their encore stage for Ditto, I looked at the comments and there was LSF shade.

I'm legitimately disgusted with the Kpop community right now, and I NEVER want to see ifans getting on their soapbox about toxic knetz ever again. They are actually the source of this madness and the reason it blew up in Korea afterwards.

• I find it insane that it's almost Wednesday in Korea and this hasn't died down yet. From a performance that happened Saturday.

It's infiltrating everywhere too. When I linked a video of NewJeans doing their encore stage for Ditto, I looked at the comments and there was LSF shade.

I'm legitimately disgusted with the Kpop community right now, and I NEVER want to see ifans getting on their soapbox about toxic knetz ever again. They are actually the source of this madness and the reason it blew up in Korea afterwards.

Like I seriously don't get it. Yes, criticism happens to everyone. But the employee who gets scolded by his boss isn't then put on display to the entire company and tomatoed for all to see. They know, they heard the criticism. When is it enough?? Why do things always have to go so far. I literally can't believe that I was partaking in it. They do not need more people criticizing. Its already reached too high of a threshold

• You know you're asking a rhetorical question. The answer is no, unless its their faves, they don't give a shit and are enjoying every gleefully toxic moment.

I don't understand how they don't see it.

All of the dogpiling says way more about them and the culture of toxicity than anything about LSFM. I'm not a fearnot and I'm not here to pat the members on the head. What I am here to see is absolute toxic and petty behavior in the name of fanwars and drama. These same people would hate it if anyone did it to them or their faves, but then they turn around and prove that without a doubt that they are no better.

It's just pathetic.

• I know, I'm just trying to start this discussion. I mean we don't exist in a vacuum, we are not discussing this among ourselves. Our conversations are publicly accessible. At some point we need to practice what we preach when sad news comes out? We are (mostly) adults here. Lets admit when we're wrong and stop behaving like animals

Its so weird. Its like admitting that you are wrong means you lost in the kpop sphere. In this case you'd be potentially saving someone's life. The price for being an idol shouldn't be social and public shaming

• It won't stop

I know this because I'm also a perpetrator because I'm also an asshole

I make fun of the kardashian and their ridiculous butt even if they are already getting mass hate. And I'm not stopping

Well this is a conversation so I'm not against discussing this. I guess my question would be why? Not "why are you hating on kim kardashian", but why wouldn't you stop when things go too far?

• I know, I'm just trying to start this discussion. I mean we don't exist in a vacuum, we are not discussing this among ourselves. Our conversations are publicly accessible. At some point we need to practice what we preach when sad news comes out? We are (mostly) adults here. Lets admit when we're wrong and stop behaving like animals

Its so weird. Its like admitting that you are wrong means you lost in the kpop sphere. In this case you'd be potentially saving someone's life. The price for being an idol shouldn't be social and public shaming

All we can control are our own reactions. I understand why you bring it up and it's admirable, but accepting such a message would require some people to want to be better people. There is a reason AKP had to break up the Mean Girls guild. That mentality ain't going away.

• All we can control are our own reactions. I understand why you bring it up and it's admirable, but accepting such a message would require some people to want to be better people. There is a reason AKP had to break up the Mean Girls guild. That mentality ain't going away.

I really dont want to come off like I think I'm morally superior because I was literally doing the same thing earlier today. I guess you're right people don't change unless they want to, I just think its worth talking about it because chances are they would want people to stop if they were mass hating on their faves, so some level of empathy is already there

• People need to stop at some point, these hate trains are dangerous and so much bullying of idols where they are aware and you know are getting affected by it is scary. This is why what was recently happening with Sohee too made me uncomfortable cause she was aware and responding to it in real time and now the same thing several times worse with LSFM.

• All we can control are our own reactions. I understand why you bring it up and it's admirable, but accepting such a message would require some people to want to be better people. There is a reason AKP had to break up the Mean Girls guild. That mentality ain't going away.

You have no idea how grateful I will always be for the revamp and getting rid of that old asshole moderator gang that existed pre revamp....AKP was hell under them.

• Tbh it’s pointless to ask this on a moderated forum like AKP it’s not like as if anyone can ever go to the extent that’s truly terrible without some form of MOD stepping in.

What we do here the discussion : I think that’s worth it and shouldn’t be confused with hate. Even if we talk about it for a few days I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

The hate is what we see under their Instagram posts or going after them in completely unrelated topics and comments section etc. and idk how to deal with those places. I hope idols find courage.

• Well this is a conversation so I'm not against discussing this. I guess my question would be why? Not "why are you hating on kim kardashian", but why wouldn't you stop when things go too far?

It's just how it is antis don't care. Like how I don't care about the kardashians feelings they are making millions and billions they can survive this

• Tbh it’s pointless to ask this on a moderated forum like AKP it’s not like as if anyone can ever go to the extent that’s truly terrible without some form of MOD stepping in.

What we do here the discussion : I think that’s worth it and shouldn’t be confused with hate. Even if we talk about it for a few days I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

The hate is what we see under their Instagram posts or going after them in completely unrelated topics and comments section etc. and idk how to deal with those places. I hope idols find courage.

I understand it looks silly to ask this here. Its just that I'm 100% sure that most of us arent just using akp, plus.. like is it really worth it? I don't think so. The criticisms made it to the news! ;( Like at some point its meaningless. At some point its like saying water is wet, its adding on to nothing. Of course it can come from a good place, but its kind of strange to expect idols to soak up all of this like they are sponges and not human

• It's just how it is antis don't care. Like how I don't care about the kardashians feelings they are making millions and billions they can survive this

I don't know. I think its unfortunate and unnecessary

• I understand it looks silly to ask this here. Its just that I'm 100% sure that most of us arent just using akp, plus.. like is it really worth it? I don't think so. The criticisms made it to the news! ;( Like at some point its meaningless. At some point its like saying water is wet, its adding on to nothing. Of course it can come from a good place, but its kind of strange to expect idols to soak up all of this like they are sponges and not human

Kpop fans are far too in involved with the industry. It’s a double edged sword. If you go high because of fans obsession, that same obsession will be your undoing as well.

It’s a bit sad 😔

Idk people go to idols comments section to comment hate it’s despicable.

• Kpop fans are far too in involved with the industry. It’s a double edged sword. If you go high because of fans obsession, that same obsession will be your undoing as well.

It’s a bit sad 😔

Idk people go to idols comments section to comment hate it’s despicable.

Right?? the comments under Eunchae's posts made me rethink everything. Unfortunately this cog wont be a part of the machine anymore :zipr: people act so strangely when their faves arent involved

• They are currently the most hated and the despised gg; everywhere I go, people drag and despise them. Every day, it seems like I see more and more hateful and insulting comments regarding Lsf. We know whether incidents like suicide in this industry are fueled by hatred and pressure. We shall all be held accountable for instituting the windspeed witch-hunt; if not us, then who? We are the ones spreading hate. Lsf girls are stronger than ever, and Hybe has a superb metal health support system, so I wouldn't be too concerned. But, how long can we accept idols getting insane level of hates they don't deserve? It's coming to the point of death threats.

• I've lost hope in the Kpop community long ago so I don't think we can do anything about those toxic people that just want to bully others that have done nothing to them. The only solution now is to ignore or avoid these kinds of people, so I just hope the idols (that are receiving hate) have good support system and if it gets too unbearable, I hope there's someone telling them to get off the internet for a while. For those that have instagram accounts, you don't know how much grateful I was when all BTS member decided to close off their comments. So other idols can do the same to get their peace.

• They are currently the most hated and the despised gg; everywhere I go, people drag and despise them. Every day, it seems like I see more and more hateful and insulting comments regarding Lsf. We know whether incidents like suicide in this industry are fueled by hatred and pressure. We shall all be held accountable for instituting the windspeed witch-hunt; if not us, then who? We are the ones spreading hate. Lsf girls are stronger than ever, and Hybe has a superb metal health support system, so I wouldn't be too concerned. But, how long can we accept idols getting insane level of hates they don't deserve? It's coming to the point of death threats.

I agree. And the peak of irony? People with Sulli in their profile picture on twitter supporting this weird trend. We literally learned nothing. Even apes are more intelligent

• which is why my friend you hardly see me commenting on things like that...

but there's also nothing one can do about such comments other than maybe leave a good positive comment or two and hope the positivity > negativity but with social media algorithms and engagement and the like it's an uphill battle

• which is why my friend you hardly see me commenting on things like that...

but there's also nothing one can do about such comments other than maybe leave a good positive comment or two and hope the positivity > negativity but with social media algorithms and engagement and the like it's an uphill battle

Well wisdom comes with age right :p jk

I'm going to try doing more of that. I think I'm over being a piece of shit online anyway

• Well wisdom comes with age right :p jk

I'm going to try doing more of that. I think I'm over being a piece of shit online anyway

like I don't use social media and all I ever see is what is posted either here or like some other news sources and the majority of those that are posted are overwhelmingly in the negative and the fraction of the positive ones barely have one or two pages of engagement...compared to the negative ones...

and that's why I always say that the silent majority is often drowned out by the vocal minority - I like to think I'm in the silent majority - I enjoy my favs in peace and quiet...I don't need to go around every LSFM (they are one of my favs) thread to defend them or criticize them...I watched their Coachella performance and I enjoyed it

if others did and they found them lacking - so be it don't watch them again...

and I'm sure they have plenty of vocal coaches and choreographers and people at hybe who will be monitoring their performance (in addition to themselves) who are much more qualified than I am who will give them much much more constructive feedback

• Anyways OP if anything has taught me in the many years in KPOP, groups having haters is a sign of success because no one would be bothered to hate on a group that no one knows

Many top groups have got vocals scandals be it live or encores and they still came out on top

The only group that comes to my mine so far that has been bullied until they fell off is Momoland

• I wish people would stop pinning the deaths of certain Kpop idols squarely on Internet criticism. I'm sure it wasn't nearly that simple, and there were definitely other factors at play for at least one of them. You're trying to simplify a complex topic that doesn't deserve simplifying.

• I wish people would stop pinning the deaths of certain Kpop idols squarely on Internet criticism. I'm sure it wasn't nearly that simple, and there were definitely other factors at play for at least one of them. You're trying to simplify a complex topic that doesn't deserve simplifying.

That really wasn't my intention, but even then if you could eliminate 1 factor wouldn't you try to? Its worth rethinking stuff like this even if its just one of many reasons.

• Anyways OP if anything has taught me in the many years in KPOP, groups having haters is a sign of success because no one would be bothered to hate on a group that no one knows

Many top groups have got vocals scandals be it live or encores and they still came out on top

The only group that comes to my mine so far that has been bullied until they fell off is Momoland

Momoland... I feel like their downfall was seriously planned by a competitor or something.

Back to the topic though, I get haters will always exist. I don't think we need to be adding fuel to the fire though. I like to think that a majority of people are not crazed antis and simply are normal reasonable people who can stop acting terrible when things get ridiculously out of hand

• This is nothing, when 2 fandom obsessed with you, you'll get this and countless toxic comments everywhere

ass.jpg

If you think other people being toxic to you or your faves changes or excuses any toxic behavior you display too, it doesn't. You are just proving you are no better by sinking to their level and perpetuating the cycle. To be a better person, you can't emulate bad behavior.

Those people are bullying Jennie are toxic. You going around bullying Jimin makes you the same.

That really wasn't my intention, but even then if you could eliminate 1 factor wouldn't you try to? Its worth rethinking stuff like this even if its just one of many reasons.

Sulli asked SM to take legal action against malicious commenters. This was definitely a factor and it 100% affected her - she would not have asked such a thing otherwise.

• On here, it's a forum of discussion so I think criticism/discussion is fair. And even though it's really not, it feels kind of insulated on akp.

I've never been able to understand anybody going through the effort to leave any negative comment, even criticism, on YT/IG/Weverse etc or trending hate hashtags

No matter what, that's just deranged to me

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I don't think anything posted here is hate train, people are allowed to give their opinions about a bad performance, what i find to be hate or problamatic are people who go to the girls social media to insult them, that's definetely crossing the line

I said it once and i will say it again, i love Sakura she is one of my ult bias but she isn't a good singer and i have no issue with people making threads or comments on the because they should be allowed to discuss a public person's performance skills, as long as they don't say dumb things like start calling them ugly or talk about pastic surgery or say things that cross the line

I doubt anyone commenting on lack of skills in this forum do it to hate on the idols, if anything most people here just state their opinions or try to make other users upset by trolling

• I don't think anything posted here is hate train, people are allowed to give their opinions about a bad performance, what i find to be hate or problamatic are people who go to the girls social media to insult them, that's definetely crossing the line

I said it once and i will say it again, i love Sakura she is one of my ult bias but she isn't a good singer and i have no issue with people making threads or comments on the because they should be allowed to discuss a public person's performance skills, as long as they don't say dumb things like start calling them ugly or talk about pastic surgery or say things that cross the line

I doubt anyone commenting on lack of skills in this forum do it to hate on the idols, if anything most people here just state their opinions or try to make other users upset by trolling

but at what point does criticism turn to hate? i also agree; i think sakura and the others need to find a better vocal trainer.

But it's not just one post. There's some obvious, select people who repeatedly post very insulting "criticism" like how "their ears bleed" whenever they hear le sserafim. It's even worse when the groups they stan had the same allegations thrown at them.

It gets too excessive at some point.

• I haven't clicked on this forum in a while and have no idea of the context of this.

But I think a lot of you are similar to those on twitter you're very bored and bitter and want to bash someone coz it makes you feel superior. Picking on idols for personality traits or for irrelevant things behaving offended someone mouthes the n word or whatever it is.

For me if an idol sings badly has bad music or is something like that then it's fine to us as the consumer base to comment on that but when users start bashing them personally it is in my mind cyber bullying which ain't cool.

I think 90% of you are this way. I personally don't attack idols on a personal level and have rarely done that in my long long K-pop forum career though some may view my takes on idols talents as bullying. But I think that is criticism. But calling idols ugly and stuff like that is just hateful.

And people will agree with me and do the exact same things all of you are toxic to me. I dislike cancel culture. Always have and will.

• Critiquing and debate is one thing but some users personal pleasure in inflating hate rhetorics and non stop hate posting is absolut vile.

The same goes for those who cheer them on. Yeah I see your hypocrite asses talking about mental health this and that and then…

• YARN | Welcome back, nerd. | Mean Girls (2004) | Video clips by quotes |  3e21c889 | 紗

• This thread contains 76 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!