[instiz] Knetz wondering and discussing if Babymonster will win rookie award this year

• AVvXsEjkcDt27zQluTrV8GplJYXq3pYRJRMdkG6Hcn_s0ddxOHtgKqY3NvUUz8tAe8-Cv1MPU5G1LlWvW1xe8XW0sLz95KvBFyzelzJ_0Yw0nSNcR2Lc_f3odnn9dIz7E-VnJqrbcZlqNGJzdQoGQDIuWDb0waj1X-ZHq8rA0fPMwX7vPqZpci1o86_UWZJKB9l6=s16000

They changed their official debut to this year but they already won the Rookie Award last year so it just got weird

original post: here

1. They already debuted last year and received an award openly so if they start going like "actually, this year was our debut~" then you could even win the Rookie Award 10 years into your career

2. But isn't ILLIT gonna win?

3. Last year they received it but their results were bad so they said that this was their real debut. It makes me wonder why they did that

4. ILLIT will win. I like Baemon and would like them to win but their results are disappointing ㅠㅠ

5. Ah so Baemon debuted last year

6. They said that this year was their official debutㅋㅋㅋ if they debuted last year, they would've at least won the female Rookie Award but now that now that ILLIT is doing so well, they are in an ambiguous spot

7. Didn't they debut in August last year? Or October?

8. Batter Up was released last November so they would still be considered in the lineup for the Rookie of the Year this year so who cares?

9. Anyways, they debuted at the end of last year so it wouldn't be weird if they were included this year. No need to worry~

10. So you can win best Rookie for 2 years in a row? Interesting

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• side note:

Batter Up was released in last week of november 2023 which means it will still count for multiple award shows this year. For example MAMA 2023 nominations were opened in mid october 2023, so more than month before Babymonster debut. If we go by this route it means that songs/groups which are available to be nominated for MAMA 2024 are those released/debuted between time period: november 2023-october 2024

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Isn't "rookie", as the kpop industry uses it, up to two years though anyway? So yea, even without the weird re-debut, they would still be eligible?

yes rookie period is two years

but in most big award shows groups are eligible to take award only in the first year

but overall what matters is the time period for nominations

for example Babymonster debuted after the nominations and voting was opened for both MAMA 2023 and MMA 2023

this means they will be eligible to be nominated for both award shows in 2024

• i also think babymonsters is talented, but its a popularity award, unless babymonsters drops something rlly good, illit i think would end up winning

It's not popularity

It's performance wise, u get the numbers u win and illit is the best performance gg so far this year

• nobody has problem with that. not even 'my' has problem with that. but you are still bringing aespa into this.

Did you read the thread? Nobody was talking about winning rookie awards 2 years row for aespa or Stayc either once they debuted in 2020 November, but still nominated 2021 rookie awards. There is definitely some kind of double standard by these comments

• Did you read the thread? Nobody was talking about winning rookie awards 2 years row for aespa or Stayc either once they debuted in 2020 November, but still nominated 2021 rookie awards. There is definitely some kind of double standard by these comments

what are you talking about ? most users in this thread already said that baemon still eligible for rookie award.

• what are you talking about ? most users in this thread already said that baemon still eligible for rookie award.

So you did not really read the thread?

1. They already debuted last year and received an award openly so if they start going like "actually, this year was our debut~" then you could even win the Rookie Award 10 years into your career

3. Last year they received it but their results were bad so they said that this was their real debut. It makes me wonder why they did that

5. Ah so Baemon debuted last year

10. So you can win best Rookie for 2 years in a row? Interesting

• OP already added great explanation after the thread without bringing other group. maybe you should reread this post.

side note:

Batter Up was released in last week of november 2023 which means it will still count for multiple award shows this year. For example MAMA 2023 nominations were opened in mid october 2023, so more than month before Babymonster debut. If we go by this route it means that songs/groups which are available to be nominated for MAMA 2024 are those released/debuted between time period: november 2023-october 2024

• They changed their official debut to this year but they already won the Rookie Award last year so it just got weird

YG can try as hard as they want, they are not rookies anymore, and the Industry won't care about what YG wants.

They won ROTY last year, it would be ridiculous if they can win again, are there will be more rookies this year.

• Isn't "rookie", as the kpop industry uses it, up to two years though anyway? So yea, even without the weird re-debut, they would still be eligible?

No, they won't because that never happened in Kpop. Groups can only win ROTY in their first year. IF they will be nominated for another ROTY this year too, it's clearly cheating and unfair with real rookie groups.

• BTW, I think most people sleep on QWER big time! They're charting much better than KIOF and Babymonster, and they're coming for ILLIT as well.

External Content twitter.com

• There was nothing offensive about mentioning some examples, you are getting offended for no reason.

Maybe you should reread your own post. aespa already received vile comments and posts even before debut. why do you think people were calm when they got nomination for rookie award ?

Once aespa debuted November 17th nobody had problem with that, but once Babymonster debuted November 26 everybody loosing their mind.

• BTW, I think most people sleep on QWER big time! They're charting much better than KIOF and Babymonster, and they're coming for ILLIT as well.

External Content twitter.com

what's with the middle/high school concept ? i checked their profile and all of them are in their 20s :holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears:

• Babymomster is talented, and I think they'll get a nomination, but winning doesn't seem likely. ROTY is usually the group that blows up or has a super successful year, and a lot of times it's predictable unless a dark horse appears. It's only April so there's still time for a random dark horse to pop up, but currently, Illit seems to have the best chance as their song debut is popular, and they managed to enter the Hot 100 less than a month after debut (91 so they just made it, but I didn't expect to see them at all, so it's interesting). QWER might be a good contender too if they keep up the momentum (an idol band winning would be cool as well).

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Because nobody had problem aespa or stayc nominated for 2021 rookie awards. That was nothing to do about hate aespa got during debut. :pepefacepalm:

i can't find you the receipt. i don't know, maybe there were changes in these forums and i can't find older posts that i want. there were many people who even questioned why aespa's savage album was called debut album even though it was released x months after debut. i still remember that.

• They should be eligible the same way IZONE, Aespa, 5050 etc were eligible.

But unless they get very lucky and ill-it gets very unlucky, I can't see anything other than a clean sweep for ill-it

I bet they'll have a clean sweep they just released the mv for lucky girl syndrome so they'll not gonna be unlucky :pepe-hehe:

External Content youtu.be

i'm promoting my nugu faves

• November debuts make u eligible but it's not about that, it's about performance

Bm even had advantage if their first cmbs did decent that would have add up but they didn't, now cmb of gg that are doing much better will add more and the coming new ggs have way more hype

• Despite the debate around BM eligibility, their debut being around November puts them in contention either way. BM, QWER, ILLIT, and TWS all have a shot at being nominated for this year’s award shows.

TWS and Illit stands out as a strong contender, not only for ROTYs but also as a potential SOTY nominee. Illit and Qwer lead the pack among female rookies, with Illit having the highest chances of sweeping the awards by far.

BM has a chance at MAMA because global votes and the impact of their songs will play a crucial role. Batter Up and Sheesh has done well enough to accumulated strong digitals too (Spotify, YT, sales). It’s a close call between BM and Illit for this prestigious award imo.

• Despite the debate around BM eligibility, their debut being around November puts them in contention either way. BM, QWER, ILLIT, and TWS all have a shot at being nominated for this year’s award shows.

LMAOO I didn't know this. Then I'm cheering for BM to win ROTY

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!