Do you care about the chart success of your favorite groups?

• Do you care about the chart success of your favorite groups? 24

1. Yes (14) 58%
    2. No (10) 42%

If you do, why? If you don't, why not?

I'll go first.

Believe it or not, I actually didn't give a damn about charting originally. In fact, I was generally oblivious to the charts for the first roughly two years of my K-Pop journey.

I finally did start caring about it after I became a MooMoo, but that was mainly because of how much Mamamoo cared about it. It also became clear to me that, especially for smaller labels, digital success could pay dividends for the long-term sustainability of their careers (and much later on in their careers, Mamamoo confessed that their future was in doubt if Um Oh Ah Yeh hadn't managed to become a hit).

But honestly, it was Wheein's reaction to her first solo song hitting #1 on the charts (something nobody expected back then) that sealed it for me:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(I couldn't find the original clip so you get one of my old vids)

That moment has lived rent free in my head and heart ever since.

Or you could use a much more recent example of LE SSERAFIM reacting to debuting on the Hot 100 finally:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Who wouldn't want their favorite idols to experience this?

Now I'm the last person who would tell you that hyper fixation on charting doesn't turn toxic more often than not, but I think there are plenty of valid reasons to fixate on it, even outside of the more sentimental ones I provided (some people just like data).

But that's just my perspective. Please share yours :pepe-notes:

I thought about being much more antagonistic with this thread, but I will be a practitioner of peace after my last thread.

• I'm a success Stan. If I have to I'll change my name to Stan.

Everybody knows that already. You're at the head of the class for the success stans and basically they're representative at this point.

We music only and "arts before charts" stans can't understand it but we accept it.

:meme-kek:

• I care about it when they’re successful and don’t care about it when they’re not. If a song is a hit it’s because it’s deserved and they’re better than everyone else and if it flops it’s because the audience is dumb and the industry is out to get them:pepe-notes:

It’s all about copium.

• Oh, this is gonna be fun

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952w1d8usi6txu7seheahyffznyksetz4b5feeuedhv&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Sometimes I'm in my villain era and live for the dramamamama, but most times I play nice if everyone else does too :pepe-tea:

I care about it when they’re successful and don’t care about it when they’re not. If a song is a hit it’s because it’s deserved and they’re better than everyone else and if it flops it’s because the audience is dumb and the industry is out to get them:pepe-notes:

It’s all about copium.

That is a take that would require a massive overdose of copium, but I respect that.

I don't have that mindset, because I know idols are humans and want all their music to do well. Mamamoo, especially Hwasa, still laments Wind Flower flopping, unlike the other title tracks from their 4 Seasons era. That queen deserved better (and they love it so much they used it to open their MyCon tour last year).

• No.

Of course as a fan I want my groups to do well, and to earn awards on music shows or award shows.

but it is not the end all be all if they aren't topping the charts. I will still support and love them no matter what.

• I actually registererd here to find out about music shows Lmaooo

Was there ever much to uncover when it comes to music shows? Unless you mean how to vote? :/

And sometimes you have a humilation kink. To each their own :meme-mmm-tea:

It is impossible for me to feel any humiliation from my activities on AKP, and all positive and/or negative outcomes from my threads and posts are predicted events in the timeline ¬‿¬

• It's perfectly natural to want your faves to be successful, but it's a mere whim, ultimately it's completely unnecessary. But the logic is, if they're successful, they will keep doing their job. It's weird, but sometimes I love to gatekeep just as much as I wish my faves get what they deserve. It doesn't only apply to kpop, but other artists, videogames, tv shows etc.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Was there ever much to uncover when it comes to music shows? Unless you mean how to vote? :/

It is impossible for me to feel any humiliation from my activities on AKP, and all positive and/or negative outcomes from my threads and posts are predicted events in the timeline ¬‿¬

I was watching clips on YouTube about Ive. There was music show score totalling at the end. I was curious how they received it. Signed up for twitter and everything too. That led to learning unique listener's etc

• I was watching clips on YouTube about Ive. There was music show score totalling at the end. I was curious how they received it. Signed up for twitter and everything too. That led to learning unique listener's etc

That's an interesting journey to learning about ULs. I was trying to vote in music shows (I don't know if it ever even worked) a good amount of time before I knew how the scores were even calculated and how the charts worked.

• I'm not going to lose sleep or stop stanning my faves if they aren't charting well but of course I want them to do well. All i want from my faves is good music, the rest is just extra

• I care when my nugu group starts to chart like crazy.

External Content twitter.com

• yes and no

I don't care for any particular song or album success but if they do well I'm certainly happy for them...

I mean charting and album success is indicative of more success - touring/cfs/merch and longevitiy

no group (especially GG) can have long term success if they can't do well in either charting or album sales so in that sense yes I care

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!