So Le Sserafim just ended their Coachella performance...

• So, first of all, I am so proud of them! The fact that they got to perform at Coachella two years after their debut is crazy! They looked so happy to be there... but also, they looked and seemed very nervous.

My first point. While Yunjin seemed super confident (obviously, she's the only member who's fluent in english and from the country), some other members (Eunchae and Sakura in particular) were noticeably nervous. And it makes me so mad, because it's 100% bc of the hate for their encore stages. Those girls' confidence vanished thanks to you haters! Chaewon, on the other hand really seemed like she was having fun.

And Kazuha, I am so impressed! Her dancing was one of the most stable ones and her voice was very stable too! I didn't expect her to be that good.

I also like the fact that they gave Eunchae the most covering clothing. Even my mom noticed and asked me if she was the youngest

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• The effects on the wall behind them were definitely good quality and cool! Also, the stage didnt look too bad either. However, there is something else that I highly disliked. I must say, I feel like the live band didn't do the best job. A lot of their songs would've sounded sooo much better if done differently. Antifragile, Perfect Night and Fearless could've been so epic, Antifragile in particular. Isn't it one of their most popular songs?? There should've been fire and boom and just everythingggggggg :holding-back-tears:

Also, the setlist, or more the way their songs were arranged was questionable. It seemed pretty random to me. It made everything a little less exciting. Why not build tension and then do the most popular ones?

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Chaewon is really one of the kind. She's an ace.

True, I loved to see her being confident and all happy. Her voice was very stable too, same goes for her dance

• the group themselves had good and bad(horrible) moments.

drummer is fucking insane. bass went off at the end too.

session drummer is on drugs

What would you say were the horrible moments?

• The effects on the wall behind them were definitely good quality and cool! Also, the stage didnt look too bad either. However, there is something else that I highly disliked. I must say, I feel like the live band didn't do the best job. A lot of their songs would've sounded sooo much better if done differently. Antifragile, Perfect Night and Fearless could've been so epic, Antifragile in particular. Isn't it one of their most popular songs?? There should've been fire and boom and just everythingggggggg :holding-back-tears:

Also, the setlist, or more the way their songs were arranged was questionable. It seemed pretty random to me. It made everything a little less exciting. Why not build tension and then do the most popular ones?

band themselves sounded great lol. it's just that they didn't highlight lesserafim(their job) but it's kinda hard to do that when half their vocals are unpassable

• I'm just happy to hear raw vocals. It's a completely different world than korea where you're constantly using AR and loud backtrack, like you really gotta sing with what you've got. The more they perform in events like this the more comfortable they'll get with using their actual voices.

Over all i thought it was very fun, the new song was a complete surprise and i'm glad they kept things age appropriate for Eunchae.

• The thing I am most dissappointed about tho is: the performance itself. Becauseeeeee Ssera is a group, no, THE group known for their dances and choreo. Why not use their strengths? I wish for at least 2 songs they would've just put on backtrack and let them dance. They tried so hard to make them sound good, but didnt really think about what they actually are, which is one of the best dancing 4th gen ggs

• I'm just happy to hear raw vocals. It's a completely different world than korea where you're constantly using AR and loud backtrack, like you really gotta sing with what you've got. The more they perform in events like this the more comfortable they'll get with using their actual voices.

Over all i thought it was very fun, the new song was a complete surprise and i'm glad they kept things age appropriate for Eunchae.

I was so confused, I thought it was a cover. So it actually was an unreleased song of theirs? OMGGGGG

• Overall a decent performance considering their choreos are tough. Also, stamina at times. I really think they should've gone to Lolapalooza first to get an idea of performing within an hour time frame. I think the experience that NJ got there will serve them down the road. At least now LSF knows what to expect at a big western festival.

The best vocally were 1. Chaewon 2. Sakura. 3. Kazuha 4. Yunjin 5. Eunchae

• The thing I am most dissappointed about tho is: the performance itself. Becauseeeeee Ssera is a group, no, THE group known for their dances and choreo. Why not use their strengths? I wish for at least 2 songs they would've just put on backtrack and let them dance. They tried so hard to make them sound good, but didnt really think about what they actually are, which is one of the best dancing 4th gen ggs

I see what you mean. I think this experience will help them down the road whether changing the arrangement of their songs so they perform more choreo and sing a bit less during their song to showcase both dancing and live.

• Overall a decent performance considering their choreos are tough. Also, stamina at times. I really think they should've gone to Lolapalooza first to get an idea of performing within an hour time frame. I think the experience that NJ got there will serve them down the road. At least now LSF knows what to expect at a big western festival.

The best vocally were 1. Chaewon 2. Sakura. 3. Kazuha 4. Yunjin 5. Eunchae

I'd say it's 1. Chaewon 2. Kazuha 3. Yunjin 4. Sakura 5. Eunchae

• the performance were great but there's some part where i was really throw out

sakura in antifragile and kazuha during fearless screaming in the mic during their part, it really looked like they wereout of breath and felt that they couldn't stay on pitch so they prefered to scream in the mic and it really throw me off because it didn't feel like it was one of this moment to scream in the mic to hype the crowd

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hybe should stop giving songs where yunjin and chaewon have to try to hit higher note because at the end of smart when they had to hit the high note they were off pitch

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and kazuha really need to work on her volume when she sings because in easy at the debut of the second verse, she's singing for 2-3 seconds and there's absolutely no sound coming out of her voice

i also really really really dislike the new song, this genre just doesn't fit lesserafim image in myopinion, i don't know if it's with the band that it didn't work or the song itself was bad

besides this the performance were good, the girls had a lot of energy and didn't feel very nervous on stage

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• External Content twitter.com

i also really really really dislike the new song, this genre just doesn't fit lesserafim image in myopinion, i don't know if it's with the band that it didn't work or the song itself was bad

the song is bad

• Thank you for being so detailed! Yes, the constant shouting things was kind of throwing me off as well. However, it really was suitable sometimes.

For the new song, it just kinda confused me. It sounded so not-le sserafim that I thought it was a cover.

• ok whatever you think about the song it doesn't go well with a live band

live band cooked other songs like it was so fucking good

Who is the girl in your sig?

• They were definitely nervous like catgirl mentioned. Hybe really should've tried to get them gigs as tuneups to perform like Jingle Ball or Lola first before a major festival like Coachella, but it's done and over with.

Ye, they should've sent them to Lollapalooza first. I really felt Eunchaes nervousness in particular.

• agree, but I'm too lazy to type all this. thanks!

• Obsession with vocals has to stop. Of course the girls are shouting,

WHEN YOU DO REAL CHOREO YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO SHOUT NO ONE SUPPORTS WHILE DANCING ITS LITERAL EFFING PHYSICS

Did you ever see Pavarotti (RIP) doing the running man when belting out Nessun Dorma? :pepe-hips:

IK BUT THEY DIDN'T DANCE THE WAY THEY USUALLY DO

It's weird, they didn't give 100% with the dance but also not with the singing

• IK BUT THEY DIDN'T DANCE THE WAY THEY USUALLY DO

It's weird, they didn't give 100% with the dance but also not with the singing

Probably cause so many trolls and antis from rival groups were giving LSRFM hell for lip syncing. So they had to slow down the choreo for "live vocals" even though nobody is watching Kpop for this anyways. :pepe-notes:

I saw NMIXX fans, Baemon fans, Dives, and others going nutz about their faves "live vocals" and i almost choked on my scotch, no hate to any of them, but NOBODY from those groups have vocals that are worth sacrificing choreo over. Not Lily, not Sullyoon, not Ahyeon or Kami or Rami or whatever her name is, not even Yujin or Liz. All are FAR BETTER DANCERS than singers. :pepe-tea:

If i want to hear live vocals, i'm listening to Steve Perry from Journey, or mah girl Morissette. I'm listenin to Broadway, to Lea Salonga, to Les Miserables or Miss Saigon or Phantom.

If i'm at a Kpop performance i want them to DANCE and perform on stage, i dont want to hear them breathing heavy into a mic, shouting words while their body is going every which way, mic popping sounds, etc.

This is why Coachella is better for bands since they dont have to dance, or for rappers since they can just swagger around acting "tough" onstage, or for true vocalists who can stand and belt like Carey, Bey, or Morissette. Kpop is a tough fit (and yes, i'm including even mah Pinks in it as well).

• I didn’t expect anything from them, because I saw the whole level perfectly on the encore. Nothing has changed, in general it was the same, again only Chaewon works for everyone. Their poor vocals were saved only by the loud playing of musical instruments in the background, which simply drowned out the artists themselves. For Le Sserafim this performance was normal, but for the listener it was bad.

I still don't believe that Yunjin had experience in opera, her vocals are so unstable.

• A particular fandom that gets mad at anyone performing at Coachella is pushing the whole thing as being terrible and spreading tweets claiming they are getting dragged on kside, a user from said fandom has already entered this thread.

• They just did it. Great show, beyond expectation. Live band and singing. Even introducing a new song. Seems like they’re trying hard to enjoy this first-time-ever experience.

IMO K-pop in Coachella is an experiment. While music festivals aim to showcase musicians and singers, is the opposite, most K-pop is a performer. And Le Sserafim is the best performer among the 4th. generation.

It is very hard to modify the Le Sserafim original concept to fit the festival's nature in a very short time, which is a live band and singing rather than dancing. That is the reason for using Backdancer to support the performance while the girls showed their vocals. And it was not bad at all, since we already know that the vocal department is not Le Sserafim's strength.

We see less vocal quality during Live stages at any music festival, before. And it is fine.

For the 40-minute short show, consider it was a big success for them.

Congratulations FIMMIES, you just made it!

• Well Chaewon is going viral in the US.

Everyone asking who’s the blonde bob.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

피어나

• This thread contains 303 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!