So does Babymonster got the charts going like SHEESH yet?

• I'll be honest. I'm not sure if that would even be a good thing or bad thing in context :pepe-joy:

Icario's thread was shut down for spilling too much tea, but I know somebody has to be keeping tabs on SHEESH's performance, right?

• It chart number 1 globally in YT

meUmpPK.jpeg

Let's talk about this if we will have numbers from Daisuki, and we'll se how much money YG spent on YT ad views. Half of the views for the other MV's were ads.

I'm not sure if they can keep #1 for a whole week. People, even hater are interested in this, because it's OT7, but that's all.

On Melon's HOT100 "SHEESH" is #49, that's not good at all, especially compared to small groups and soloists. Koreans had enough of the same YG style, probably. Their only chance is people outside of Asia, but now that HYBE is massive as hell, I don't think they have a chance.

I have mixed feeling, because if they became "nugus", YG maybe will do something creative and let them do what they want like 2NE1, but I don't think that can or will happen. They will disband them before they will let them do proper music.

That's what I said when we first head the news about YG want to debut another group after BM.

• Tanking in Korea. We'll see after promo

But looks like good performance on Spotify. I don't take their YouTube views seriously as it's all ads 💀

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• Half(or more) views even for illit MV was adds. It is nothing special to have half of views as adds. They got 5,7M views during first week based by YT weekly chart and as far I remember they got 12M views during first 24h

• Tanking in Korea. We'll see after promo

But looks like good performance on Spotify. I don't take their YouTube views seriously as it's all ads 💀

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's not really a good start, especially from a YG group.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Half(or more) views even for illit MV was adds. It is nothing special to have half of views as adds. They got 5,7M views during first week based by YT weekly chart and as far I remember they got 12M views during first 24h

I know, that's why I said trending on YT, especially in the first week, means nothing. If a group or a soloist can be in the TOP5 after a month, that's real, because usually agencies stop buying ads after 1 or 2 weeks. It depends on how big the company is and how much they're willing to pay.

• I know, that's why I said trending on YT, especially in the first week, means nothing. If a group or a soloist can be in the TOP5 after a month, that's real, because usually agencies stop buying ads after 1 or 2 weeks. It depends on how big the company is and how much they're willing to pay.

Adds not matter in official YT chart, they filter them out

• External Content twitter.com

You're here. Thank you for the updates in advance

• I can't believe there are still people who still take Youtube seriously. Sure, it's good to have great yt views. Many kpop groups have more views and do better on yt than several popular western artists. Does that mean those groups are more popular? No.

• Hi,

My .02 because I can't seem to escape it...

As expected we know YG groups will do well on YouTube. A couple of things to note -

There's been so many threads about the ad buys and the streaming farms ad nauseam on this forum. We know streaming farms are illegal if paid for by the label due to the financial ramifications. However, let's just call it what it is - YG has an immense fanbase and those fans do this on their own. Until we get concrete evidence (no, I do not mean conjecture either) that YG is paying for streaming farms directly, then it is what it is, accept the data/numbers unless there is new evidence to suggest otherwise.

Now, if we talking about Ad buys that's different. We can talk about the organic and inorganic, etc.

The same goes for ILL IT's "Hybe privilege" and the misconstrued ideology that they are paying for playlisting. Do people on here actually know how this works? On both YT and Spotify? Do any of you work there and know? Do any of you actually have worked in Radio to understand? Feel free to share, let's have that chat.

Anyways,

Regardless of my own personal tastes here, I think the two groups will be battling it out for 5th gen gg supremacy along with another group or two that we haven't seen yet. Just like 3rd gen beat 2nd gen numbers, 4th gen beat 3rd gen numbers. The same will go with 5th gen. 5th gen groups who know what they are doing SHOULD beat 4th gen numbers. That's what progression is all about.

Ok, stepping off my soapbox now.

-knysom

:eyes:

• What thread did I miss

pepe-ooh:pepe-tea:

ISaidISaid

:pepe-peek:

• ISaidISaid

:pepe-peek:

Oh that thread I mean ... did it lie?

• They are performing better than their debut Batter Up, and with some music shows promotion they should rise a lot. The competition is high right now with TXT just dropping an album too. YG seems to want better result internationally looking at their release time rather.

There Spotify numbers are good, they should be able to debut on Global Spotify tomorrow.

20.9k uls for sheesh, again they got very few hours but still 💀

Batter up ended up debuting a bit better in same duration with 23k uls at #234

Next day batter up did 35k uls at #130.

So sheesh :eyes:

Honestly it's so insane to see how badly YG fell off in Korea. Hopefully promo will make them go top 100 on all charts

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• 20.9k uls for sheesh, again they got very few hours but still 💀

Batter up ended up debuting a bit better in same duration with 23k uls at #234

Next day batter up did 35k uls at #130.

So sheesh :eyes:

Honestly it's so insane to see how badly YG fell off in Korea. Hopefully promo will make them go top 100 on all charts

It's insane that we're at the point with a YG girl group where the bar is now set at "please just make the top 100"

SHEESH

• I can't believe there are still people who still take Youtube seriously. Sure, it's good to have great yt views. Many kpop groups have more views and do better on yt than several popular western artists. Does that mean those groups are more popular? No.

One of the most popular platforms in the world with 2.5 billion users worldwide, that's about 1/3 of the planet's population. The second platform in Korea for video and music streaming. Not worth taking seriously at all. :facepalm:

• It's insane that we're at the point with a YG girl group where the bar is now set at "please just make the top 100"

SHEESH

It was an almost 50/50 bet on whether they'd place in the top 100.

Screenshot_20240401-132134.png

Let's see it goes. They're already doing better than I expected :pepe-tea:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• One of the most popular platforms in the world with 2.5 billion users worldwide, that's about 1/3 of the planet's population. The second platform in Korea for video and music streaming. Not worth taking seriously at all. :facepalm:

If you believe that views are accurate and represent the no. of people listening to you, there's nothing I can say.

• If you believe that views are accurate and represent the no. of people listening to you, there's nothing I can say.

Not taking one of the most popular platforms in the world seriously? If you are not able to analyze YT indicators, then this is entirely your problem. Of course, it’s difficult to draw any conclusions based on views alone; you need to take into account all the indicators: the number of likes, the number of comments, the number of subscribers, views of various types of content, and based on this, create an overall picture. But the fact is that YouTube shows a real picture of the popularity of certain artists, I heard the artist’s track in a playlist, I liked it, I went to the YT page to get to know their work more deeply, if I liked them I subscribed, if not date, I won’t even support them, I’m not interested in them. But nevertheless, the generated playlist will still push their music, giving +1 to listening.

• If it's not a serious platform, why should we take it seriously?

Because it's one of the leading platforms in the world, where it's kind of difficult to manipulate streams. Let me remind you that in Spotify, 1 user can stream a track 20 times, which is why very often artists in the USA create bots to boost streams based on this fact. Based on this information, we can say with confidence that only the Apple Music/iTunes charts, which more or less follow this, can be considered a reliable indicator

• This thread contains 39 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!