23 girl groups that deserve a second chance (+ songs that could get them there)

• [somewhat lengthy thread ahead!]

the comeback of Laboum with "Journey to Atlantis" and Brave Girls with "Rollin'" is so so fulfilling and amazing! they were underrated and it looks like they're finally getting their second chance to shine! here are some other groups that deserve the same!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Afterschool

I feel like this is self explanatory. Some people could make the argument that they're "too old" but that's ridiculous. They're all (especially Nana) still hot af and I know they've retained that potential. It's a shame almost none (?) of them have been promoting solo music because of their talent. I was going to add Orange Caramel but it might be a bit harder for them to come back in today's climate, as the k-pop industry is always shifting to trends. The song that would bring Afterschool back to the limelight is definitely either "First Love" or "Flashback". "First Love" definitely looks like the better option though- (the pole dancing concept was absolutely fucking out of this world). They just know how to pull off an ORIGINAL sad-sexy concept perfectly, and I feel like they should definitely get more appreciation for that.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. Berry Good

The fact that these talented queens never really saw the light of day is kinda scary. While sexy concepts seem to be the ones making significant comebacks right now, there's nothing like a good ballad. What constitutes a good ballad? When you can actually HEAR the emotion in their voices and it feels GENUINE! Some people may not agree with me on this, but I believe that "My First Love" would be the differentiating song to bring them back to the limelight.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3. BESTie

Oh boy. Let me breathe for a moment. These girls didn't start out too great, but when they hit their stride, they hit it HARD, and that release was called "Excuse Me". Good song? Check. Cute pastel aesthetic with powerful beats? Check. Funny music video with storyline? Check. Amazing choreo? Check. They had EVERYTHING! And then they disappeared into literal thin air! It's still one of the biggest blows to this day because they did gain a considerable amount of attention, but because of no follow up, they weren't able to maintain it.

4. D.Holic

This song was a bop and the mv was: hot. I've also never heard any song like it since then. I would not be surprised if it made a comeback.

5. Dalshabet

I will never forgive any of y'all for sleeping on the constant bops they released. Literally any of their songs including/after "B.B.B. (Big Baby Baby)" have a potential to win people back, so I'll just link them all below. Enjoy. (Though if I had to guess, "Joker" would probably garner them the most attention, just because of the play on words). Jot- dick. Keo- big. So yeah.

6. Fiestar

How anyone let a song with high waisted colorful pants, Tide powder, and hot girl aesthetics go is beyond me. "You're Pitiful" or "Mirror" also would have decent shots at becoming popular but "One More" is more likely because of the music video and the fact it's about threesomes. And sex sells... and Yezi.

7. gugudan

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

8. Hellovenus

They were cutesy. No attention. Then they comeback with "Wiggle Wiggle". Tons of attention. Then they comeback with "I'm Ill". No attention. They deserve that second chance and I'm still sad to say if any song were to bring them back to the limelight, it would be the one and only:

9. IOI

I remember crying my eyes out after watching the "Downpour" mv. I ADORE IOI so much to this day. I know for sure they would be successful if they came back, and I always get excited when I hear rumors of a reunion. If there was any song to remind the public of their talent, it would definitely be "Very Very Very"!

10. Kiss&Cry

Remember when these girlies dropped this and dipped? Yeah wtf was that? Hint: it was because their company was ass, and I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR DESTROYING A GROUP WITH SUCH POTENTIAL. THEY DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE!!!

11. Ladies' Code

These girlies are one of those groups everyone hypes up before a comeback, and then barely anyone actually streams. C'mon now. They deserve much better, especially after all they've been through. Look at the quality and aesthetics of the songs and music videos. Either could capture the attention of the public.

12. Laysha

All jokes and comments about sexy concepts aside. It's obvious they're super talented. They have their own youtube channel where they do dances to other songs, etc. and it's pretty impressive. Everyone is begging for a comeback in their instagram comments, I hope they get one and the fame they deserve.

13. Pristin V

It breaks my heart to be this specific here, but I want to be as realistic as possible. If the public were to shift their attention to Pristin again, it would probably be onto Pristin V. "Get It" itself was more unique (and sexy) than the full group releases, and on its own was actually more successful in terms of attention. "WEE WOO" making a return would be amazing, but I just see "Get It" being much more realistic.

14. Purfles

It is TEAR-INDUCING that this group (A TRIO ACTUALLY) was only active for 2 years and had some BOMB ASS MUSIC. Someone RESURRECT THEM! PLEASE!

15. Rainbow

I remember watching the MV for "Whoo" and for some reason I just knew it was going to be their last comeback. Like the MV finished and I shit you not, I started crying. Well guess what? I was right! I really thought they were actually on the rise when they came back with "Black Swan" and actually got some attention for it, but apparently I was wrong. Even then, I didn't expect them to disband so soon because their subunit, Rainbow Blaxx, had released "Cha Cha" (one of those banned sexy k-pop mvs), so I didn't think they would fall out of relevancy that quickly! Any of the songs below have the opportunity to bring them back to the industry and I hope they do because I see Woori posting TikToks on her Instagram and that just ain't it. (I would bet on "A" because of that controversial shirt lift dance move, someone's bound to put it back in style).

16. Sonamoo

They're on hiatus and Sumin and Nahyun left in September 2019... I swear to god, if TS FUCKS THIS UP. I'M GONNA BE PISSED. I'm praying the public sees the light that is "Cushion" and somehow brings them back from the land of the dead. Literally this is such a bop, probably an innuendo about riding-

17. Spica

I swear no one stanned until "You Don't Love Me" and then everyone unstanned. If there's any justice on this earth, this song will make them famous again and this time they'll STAY famous. Seriously. Look at this bomb-ass hot-ass mv.

18. Stellar

Ah yes, the controversial, the infamous- Stellar. Let me make this clear: I ONLY WANT THEM TO COME BACK IF IT'S ON THEIR OWN TERMS, IF THEY GET ATTENTION AGAIN, I WANT PEOPLE TO REALIZE THEY WERE BEING SEXUALIZED. AND I HOPE THEY CAN HAVE THE CONCEPTS THEY WANT TO DO IF THEY DO END UP GETTING ENOUGH ATTENTION AND MONEY TO RETURN!!!

If any song deserves attention, it's "Crying", because that song is fucking amazing to this day. Aged like fine fine wine.

19. Tahiti

Yes, I know they were only really known for this song; BUT...

1. We LOVE some phone sex

2. They're talented

3. We should give them a second chance

20. WA$$UP

If any of you guys are fans of Unpretty Rapstar 3, you may have seen a contestant named Nada.... she's the rapper in this group! Anyways, here's their best song! Why it didn't get more attention? I don't know. But you'll thank me later for showing it to you!

21. Wanna.B

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know much about this group at all but I am 99.9% sure they are disbanded. Which is a shame, because this song was super cute and they had major potential.

22. 9Muses

If I write everything I want to say on 9Muses, I will literally be here all fucking day. This thread is already pretty lengthy, so I'm just going to say this: "Sleepless Night" is one of the best songs released in the history of k-pop. The mere fact that 9Muses released BOP AFTER BOP in 2015, proves their talent, yet they never quite made it, and it's a shame. All of the songs linked below have the ability to make them shine again, but "Lip 2 Lip" (9Muses A subunit release) and "Hurt Locker" have the highest likelihood of catching on again. (Also it never fails to amaze me how they get Kyungri/Geongree in the thumbnail of most of the mvs, like they KNOW she's a rare beauty).

23. The Ark

If you haven't watched this mv, do you really know sadness? Seriously though, the disappearance of The Ark was a BIG disappointment in the k-pop community, because they had a sound that hadn't really been done before (or at least not done that well before). Even now, people would STILL be glad to have them back, and I hope they get that chance.

• fun fact

Dalshabet is popping up recently in my youtube recommendations

fun fact #2

Weeekly just released "After School" song

External Content www.youtube.com

• [somewhat lengthy thread ahead!]

I agree with all of these. I feel bad for Shinhwa as Stellar was their group and the Pascal ripped creative control out from under Eric. Also Rainbow :cryingr: I need Dalshabet to collab with dreamcatcher tbh . The Minx x Dalshabet collab was ages ago

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• External Content www.youtube.com

the closest we will get to the Dalshabet x Dreamcatcher is this and Minx covering Love Shake by Dalshabet (One of their Ultimate B-Sides) as their debut

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• well that's a grim way to look at it

I take a very cynical and pragmatic approach to things my friend so the probability of any of those 23 succeeding (especially if they're not disbanded or inactive) is infinitesimally small

• lovers...interesting...you didn't call them bfs...

that means its positive as oppose to "that" douchebag...

• non-consensual? that's sexual assault then?

do you still feel burdened by that knowledge?

• Secret and Playback were both ruined by their shitty companies and deserve a second chance at a revival, a resurrection.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I was so mad that some of these groups never being given chance and people just write them off for being sexy.

They have outstanding discography

Dal shabet - all the cute songs + sexy songs including the Brave bro bop 'Someone like you'

Hello venus - their innocent concept songs + brave bro bops

Fiestar - the sexy concept starting one more, you're pitiful (their best), mirror..

• Berry good only has 2 members, many other groups have disbanded, sometimes in bad terms, for example Tahiti members were mad a Jisoo because she just quit out of the blue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!