ILLIT are the new representatives of cute music | concept is giving Sailor Moon

• Does the album sound promising so far? 36

1. Yes (26) 72%
    2. No (6) 17%
    3. A little bit (4) 11%

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In my opinion so far, I had thought they were going for a NewJeans sound most definitely.

But listening to the highlight, this gives more old Twice than anything else.

Far different from Y2K and R&B like NewJeans.

So I guess people can finally drop the NewJeans comparisons now lmao

People really liking the medley though on Twitter and YouTube.

----------------------------------------

But yeah, I see them being very popular in Korea and Japan for sure.

They gonna bring back the super cute concept and build a brand image using a anime-game theme, like in that video.

They gonna end up having their own cartoon and their image is gonna be dreamy-cute-anime girls like Sailor Moon.

68444b4f0dcd52d814d9d24c7be70055.jpg

58d9b5cdebc415dcc742a7d38e72bcc7.jpg

5b5e39439715774b076abc28cab875ad.jpg

e3737a09721016a010363caf5117893a.jpg

• usagi-kua

Changed the title of the thread from “ILLIT highlight medley for 'SUPER REAL ME'” to “I guess the NewJeans 2.0 allegations can stop now for ILLIT”.
  • tbh I'm not feeling it because I did want them to go the r&b route fr :pepe-sad:

Edit : okay after listening to the medley numerous times, I realized it actually sounded so good and that they the only BIG 4 girl group who's officially bringing back the cute concept.

• usagi-kua

Changed the title of the thread from “I guess the NewJeans 2.0 allegations can stop now for ILLIT” to “ILLIT are the new TWICE”.
  • Whats City Pop???

> sorry for being dumb lol

A Japanese music style based on 80s music with a heavy synth or jazz influence

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't know if I'd personally call it city pop but eh

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Huh.

You linked City Pop but didn't link THE City Pop of all time?

External Content www.youtube.com

• Them songs in that highlight do not sound like city pop😂

Or maybe it's just the examples you gave.

ILLIT musically is giving me old Twice, just a more hip and modern cute

• Whats City Pop???

> sorry for being dumb lol

It’s basically 80s/90s anime inspired music. It’s big in Japan.

Their visuals are definitely city pop, the music a little less but it makes sense since it has to appeal to everyone not just the city pop fans.

• It’s basically 80s/90s anime inspired music. It’s big in Japan.

Their visuals are definitely city pop, the music a little less but it makes sense since it has to appeal to everyone not just the city pop fans.

Yeah because I definitely didn't hear it musically.

Don't you also think they sound like they could be Twice songs????? I know I'm not the only one

• usagi-kua

Changed the title of the thread from “ILLIT are the new TWICE” to “ILLIT are the new TWICE | concept is giving Sailor Moon”.
  • it just hit me...

you know how Enhypen is known for their "Dark Moon" vampire concept and they have a whole popular webtoon and series??

Screenshot_20240315_165535_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240315_165507_WEBTOON.jpg

HYBE is gonna make the same for ILLIT, and give them their own anime webtoon and have them release sound tracks for it, like how Enhypen did for theirs.

a whole anime kpop group is gonna go crazyyyyyyyyy!!! oh my gosh

the webtoon gonna be popular too, I just know it

• Woah, they actually went with that..? I didn't know

• Everyone and their mother wants to be the new twice, illit's concept execution is extremely disappointing. Using AI and making the group look cheap... but we still look forward to the debut

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• Everyone and their mother wants to be the new twice, illit's concept execution is extremely disappointing. Using AI and making the group look cheap... but we still look forward to the debut

AI???? Where

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Woah, they actually went with that..? I didn't know

The vampire thing with Enhypen??

Or for the anime thing with ILLIT???

cuz for that, I'm just guessing by everything I saw so far from the beginning of their roll-out.

I could definitely be wrong, i hope not though

• It's giving more loona/Fromis tbh. Twice was too bright. This is mellow cute

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

Edited once, last by DaisyTheGenuine ().

The artist of this clip Mooncube literally has clips of her making her artwork and animation on instagram. She's currently also going through chemo therapy for cancer, she really doesn't need kpop stans in her DMs accusing her of using AI

• Dont EVER compare ILLIT to flop Fromis :pepe-firing:

FROMIS HAD GOOD MUSIC AND CAME FROM AN EQUALLY RIGGED REALITY SHOW PUT SOME RESPECT ON THEIR NAME AND MAYBE JIWON WILL BLESS THEM WITH SOME VOCAL TALENT

lol not you accusing any animation of being made with ai :pepefacepalm: do you even know what you're saying, and how nonsensical it sounds

best leave what you have no idea about out of your mouth and avoid the embarrassment whilst trying to appear smart

• The artist of this clip Mooncube literally has clips of her making her artwork and animation on instagram. She's currently also going through chemo therapy for cancer, she really doesn't need kpop stans in her DMs accusing her of using AI

Idk why you're telling me she has cancer like I'm supposed to not be suspicious of AI use because of that? Like I hope she does well in recovery but some of the backgrounds in the teaser are extremely weird.

I would link an article but I cant so heres some stills withs strange backgrounds

download (40)

Screenshot (3568)

Screenshot (3567)

I am not in that woman's dms and I can say whatever I want within reason on a public forum

• lol not you accusing any animation of being made with ai :pepefacepalm: do you even know what you're saying, and how nonsensical it sounds

best leave what you have no idea about out of your mouth and avoid the embarrassment whilst trying to appear smart

Cry me a river

• Okay lets say AI was used....now what???

What are we as kpop fans on the internet supposed to do?

Even if international fans choose to not support ILLIT, most likely they'll still be popular in Korea regardless.

I mean people literally SEARCHING for a reason to hate this debut.

I promise it ain't that deep :pepe-life-support:

• Uhhh... nothing? I said I'm still looking forward. People replied to me fuming and I defended my position. Why does everything have to be an issue worth going to war over for you guys? Like... :cryingr:

edit: also whats the issue with criticizing AI? you people are so weird.

• AI blows, simple as that. I'm happy to see it getting criticized in the art world

Okay it get criticized by internet stans....now what?

Like even not on here, but on Twitter and reddit I seen some people tryna get hit post talking about AI this and AI that.

I mean who gaf if its AI or not, the video is about the song highlights.

it's like people really want to have a problem with Illit for nothing and it's looking ridiculous :pepe-clown-gear:

Not specifically you, but just speaking as a whole about today

• that's the discourse, people clearly give a fuck. What, you want me to explain how the internet works for you? AI art is cancer, prove otherwise

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!