[BREAKING] SHINee Taemin confirms he's leaving SM Entertainment following contract expiration

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• soshixbang

Changed the title of the thread from “SHINee Taemin will NOT renew with SM Entertainment” to “[RUMOR] SHINee Taemin will NOT renew with SM Entertainment following contract expiration”.
  • I don't think so.

Edit: I didn't think itd happen because Shinee said they'll always stick together.

External Content youtu.be

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

Onew too?

BPM just took comedian Lee Soo Geun from them, and possibly Taemin.

• Wouldn't be surprised if Taemin didn't renew. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all of SHINee doesn't renew. Wasn't that on everyone's Hybe acquisition bingo boards anyways?

Taemin was expressing frustration with his creative expression (more so because of the fans than the company, but also because the company was backing the fans and not the artist). And with the MinHeejinification of Taemin's image (and the full circle the Guilty era has brought to it), it seems like now is a good time for him to pull out of SM.

We can assume that all the SHINee members have discussed not renewing their contracts with SM (Key hinted at this in the Killer countdown live, saying "if we go, we go together").

If it is the case that SHINee isn't renewing, then I expect a situation like with Blackpink: lots of conflicting news and rumors.

• The title needs another change (Maybe wait for the Minho rumor).

• soshixbang

Changed the title of the thread from “[RUMOR] SHINee Taemin will NOT renew with SM Entertainment following contract expiration” to “[RUMOR] SHINee Taemin & Onew will NOT renew with SM Entertainment following contract expiration”.
  • The title needs another change (Maybe wait for the Minho rumor).

I Got Chu GIF - I Got Chu - Discover & Share GIFs

• Some fans are clowning because they saw a picture of Minho drinking a Starbucks coffee. Omg the humanity 🤡🤡🤡😂😂😂.

Fans need to cancel Le Sserafim because of this Sakura collection

• but BPM is good

just look at VIVIZ

External Content www.youtube.com

• Interesting... I thought Onew would be loyal to SM til the end but finally he's free :eyes:

I'm actually surprised about Taemin though because he's one of the well-promoted soloists from SM along side with Taeyeon but what do i know behind the scene :eyes:

• interesting

I read that they will (might) separate their contracts between their solo and group activities

for group activities it will still be shinee under SM but for solo activities - they might chose to go elsewhere

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!