Is everything about BTS?

• I was just watching a random k-band's performance and one of the comments said "Why does this great group get no publicity? Everything is about BTS."

I don't feel like saying the name of the band, even though it is a band that isn't well-known (like one of the most viewed videos of them has only like 37.000 views and the video, I talked about has 16.100 views)

• As it appears, everything is still about BTS even though they are all enlisted. If even popular groups from a big agency still have to struggle being recognized without media attaching the groups' name to BTS for mediaplay, the K-band OP was referring to has no chance, at this point.

So sorry for what it's going to be when BTS completes the MS duty. The spotlight will again be totally on them.

• The strongest boygroups right now are NCT, Stray Kids, SEVENTEEN, ZEROBASONE and ATEEZ

But since they didn't blew up to the level where even your grandma would know them, like BTS did, people of course do not even talk about them that much. The thing is most likly, because of the fact that BTS blew up so much, people tend to view them like either you like or hate them if you know them. You can ask 100 people on the streets of all ages and I bet most know them or heard of them and more than half of them dosn't cares or hates them, but ask these who like them, they most likly didn't even bothered to check out other KPop for many reasons. Maybe they want to be 1 group only stans, maybe they suck in researching or do not even think they can research to find more KPop, maybe they heard more KPop and don't like it as much as they do like BTS, who knows. It's like Hello Kitty, everyone knows and loves her but most people don't care about other Sanrio-characters or don't even know who the other characters even are. Or like Pokemon, everyone knows and loves Pikachu, but nah, you won't find that many people who know most of the other pokemon and like them more than Pikachu.

People often also tend to stick to what they know and do not even try to test something else. It's like these people who allways order the same food in the restaurant or only drink the same stuff without testing the rest just cause they do not feel bothered to even try.

And since it's Korea, a country that most people do not even live in, that people barly know, a language they don't even speak, it will most likly also be weird and cringe and akward to many people if they would even try to get into KPop other than maybe knowing a few BTS-things. And many people do also tend to only go with whats popular so most likly they also do not want to check out other music cause "oh no, what will people say if I listen to an artist that has almost no fans?" and "since my friend likes BTS too, I only focus on them so we can fangirl over them together cause it might be hard if she dosn't knows any other artist if I might try to get into another KPop act" or whatever the reasons are that people just only care for BTS

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• As it appears, everything is still about BTS even though they are all enlisted. If even popular groups from a big agency still have to struggle being recognized without media attaching the groups' name to BTS for mediaplay, the K-band OP was referring to has no chance, at this point.

So sorry for what it's going to be when BTS completes the MS duty. The spotlight will again be totally on them.

Chile even when BTS isn't even the topic of conversation, either their obsessed ex fans can't STFU and move on about them thus interject them on random topics even when discussing female groups, or they are the benchmark for most that use them for the rest of kpop to surpass. It's a damn if you do damn if you don't with BTS.

• People are good with researching the group that piqued their curiosity. That's exactly how millions and millions of people fell into the deep BTS rabbit hole. It all started with them discovering a BTS MV or two and liked the music and the choreography. This gets followed up with trying to know their names. The rest is hours and hours and hours of binging BTS contents. A Kpop group needs to impress the listener and arouse their curiosity in order for the target to do research about them. Why do a research on something that someone is not interested about at all?

Although there are many multis, a great majority of Armys only listen to BTS because they covered so many genre. I, for one, have tried to listen to other groups but unfortunatley, none have caught my attention enough to do a second listen. Some music are ok and catchy but some are totally out of my taste. At the end of the day, it comes down to personal choice. It's the same with stans of NCT or SKZ or SVT. They like their group's sound and dislike BTS sound. For them, there is no re-listening value to it. That's very fair. That's a personal choice.

• BTS are enlisted, everyone's faves have time to make their mark in the absence of BTS' "overpowering" shadow, if they cannot...it is not BTS' fault

So it sounds like BTS did NOT pave the way.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!