AI or "Virtual Idols" ruines Kpop?

• Do you think AI and Virtual Idols should exist? 24

1. I don't care. (14) 58%
    2. No, they ruining the industry. (7) 29%
    3. Yes, they should! (5) 21%

I've had an interesting, more like boring conversation with an "AI Kpop group" fan on Twitter, so I wanted to create this thread, because I want to know if I'm the only one who thinks, this whole "AI and Virtual Kpop" should be removed from existence entirely. They showed me some, so called "virtual concerts" and tried to tell me why is it good, and why their music is great. Sure, their music can be great, BUT I lost it after seeing the concert. It's not really a new thing for me, because I follow the Japanese Music Industry too, so "artists" like Hatsune Miku already paved the way for these things, but I would NEVER pay money for a concert where I can't see the REAL artists. I wouldn't buy "their" albums, either.

What do you think, the AI and Virtual "artists" in Kpop or in the Music Industry overall, ruins the whole meaning of ART? Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned, but I'm already fed up with the Tiktok and Insta trends, because that's the reason they're releasing 2 minute long songs too. I honestly hate where this industry is "evolving".

Some examples for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At least my fave AI won't cheat on me by dating! 8o

• ive gone to two hatsune miku concerts and they were actually my favorite concerts ever. and ive seen bts, twice, bp, itzy, and sunmi.

miku and other vocaloids differ from these fake kpop groups in that they dont really have personalities and anyone can make music with them, which creates something amazing. there are so many artists who create music using the vocaloid software and in my opinion its all really soulful. mikus more for anime fans too.

despite me liking her though i just cannot get behind these fake kpop groups. like theyre done by big companies, they look dumb, etc. i think they can exist but i dont think they should be allowed to compete on music shows and stuff like that. i dont really think they should count as kpop. kpop is already pretty fake and weird as it is, the least they could do is keep real people as idols.

i think this ai stuff really belongs more to vtubers and things like hatsune miku. i dont really think itll blow up much because the kpop models look pretty ugly

• These are not “Ai” don’t use random terms. They have real people producing the music and real people singing the music.

Why will it ruin kpop. Don’t you have OST’s for anime and webtoons or even movie soundtracks and what not. It literally affects nothing about the way people consume music. Just that it appeals to those that like animated stuff.

• At least my fave AI won't cheat on me by dating! 8o

LOL! Are you sure? They can make them date because they're not real.🤣

These are not “Ai” don’t use random terms. They have real people producing the music and real people singing the music.

Why will it ruin kpop. Don’t you have OST’s for anime and webtoons or even movie soundtracks and what not. It literally affects nothing about the way people consume music. Just that it appeals to those that like animated stuff.

First, pay attention to what I wrote, then write a comment. Thanks! Who said anything about AI making music? The so called "Avatars" are made by AI or animators, not the music.

Anime OST is completely different, because the singer is REAL, not animated! If you think it won't ruin the industry, it's your opinion, but people said the same about Tiktok trends too, and now look at Kpop. How many MAINSTREAM groups releasing songs shorter than 3 minute?

Also, what Yohanee said is also true. The problem isn't really the fact that these things exist, but if they will win Awards, then, it's a big problem! I mean, look at Melon Charts now!

pasted-from-clipboard.pngpasted-from-clipboard.png

• Let people have their fun, nobody is being ruined by extra songs and concerts out there. If they find it fun and think it's worth their money, why not?

They do be making bangers and that's all that matter (KDA is a great example). Plus tons of creativity goes into these projects too so it's not like it's anything less than what real "flesh" idols are doing. The behind the scene singers, dancers, animators, music directors, lyricists, creative direction all deserve their money. If anything, by being virtual they take out the emphasis on the "visual" aspect of kpop group - which is a win tbh if you are in for the music.

• Let people have their fun, nobody is being ruined by extra songs and concerts out there. If they find it fun and think it's worth their money, why not?

They do be making bangers and that's all that matter (KDA is a great example). Plus tons of creativity goes into these projects too so it's not like it's anything less than what real "flesh" idols are doing. The behind the scene singers, dancers, animators, music directors, lyricists, creative direction all deserve their money. If anything, by being virtual they take out the emphasis on the "visual" aspect of kpop group - which is a win tbh if you are in for the music.

I asked a question, and shared my opinion. That's all. Never said people shouldn't listen to these songs. My problem is what it can cause later! For example, companies will start debuting FAKE Idols rather than REAL Idols, because it's cheaper and faster.

Never said, the songs can't be good, btw, BUT with AI and Animated Idols you can't have a bond. For me, it's ESSENTIAL to know the artists. This is my opinion, I didn't create this thread to hate people who like these things, I wanna see opinions, that's all.

"If anything, by being virtual they take out the emphasis on the "visual" aspect of kpop group - which is a win tbh if you are in for the music."

With this, I completely disagree, because these "Idols" are more about the visuals than any other REAL Idols. Maybe it's not as toxic, because they can animate them how they want, but that's the only good thing about it.

• You asked a question and i answered. You're reading too much into my comment by thinking I implied that "you think it's wrong" or "you're hating" lol

Anyways, your opinion is valid and I disagree with it - which is valid too. I dont essentially bond with idols so maybe that's why i have a different opinion here. I think the AI idols (just like regular idols) have a whole team behind them that deserves their recognition and money esp when there is a niche for it out there too. As far as it goes for causing problem for rl idols, imo jpop is doing fine with virtual idols so kpop will be fine too. There is market for both.

• Like I said I understood exactly what you said and I find what you said in poor taste.

They are real people making real music. Your favs and my favs and a lot of K-pop music is also made by producers in the background. Why is it a problem if good music is recognized via virtual idols?

Your idols are also created personalities. Manufactured by a company.

Out of everyone idol fans have the least right to criticize virtual music.

• You asked a question and i answered. You're reading too much into my comment by thinking I implied that "you think it's wrong" or "you're hating" lol

Anyways, your opinion is valid and I disagree with it - which is valid too. I dont essentially bond with idols so maybe that's why i have a different opinion here. I think the AI idols (just like regular idols) have a whole team behind them that deserves their recognition and money esp when there is a niche for it out there too. As far as it goes for causing problem for rl idols, imo jpop is doing fine with virtual idols so kpop will be fine too. There is market for both.

Well, your comment felt like you're implying I'm a hater or something. If not, my bad.

That's my real problem tho, there are real people behind the music, and I don't think they will get the recognition for their work. That's why I think they should give it to real people, because I don't think they will win any awards. Would be funny if they win a "Best Animated Group" award, tho.🤣

You're still talking about the producers, composers and writers, but I'm talking about the animated versions! If I don't like animated Idols is a "poor taste" then I have a poor taste. My opinion wasn't about the music! That's why I said, read my comment again.

Idols are manufactured in a way, BUT they're real people with real feelings, and most of my faves are not "created personalities". Especially my biggest faves. Idols have to behave and look in a certain way, especially if they came from the BIG4 companies, but they're real. Animated Idols are NOT! You can think whatever you want, but the fact that you think they're almost the same, proves why I'm afraid of this new trend.

• It’s the opposite lol. It’s a lot worse for real people to be manufactured the way idols are.

The idol industry is way worse than virtual idols will ever be. You’re the one who doesn’t seem to understand how real being forced to do things is so much worse and virtual idols are lesser of the evils.

• It’s the opposite lol. It’s a lot worse for real people to be manufactured the way idols are.

The idol industry is way worse than virtual idols will ever be. You’re the one who doesn’t seem to understand how real being forced to do things is so much worse and virtual idols are lesser of the evils.

I understand it, some of my faves are dead because of the toxicity. But that doesn't mean this animated version will erase the toxicity. What you're saying is nonsense, btw! Of course, the fake Idol industry never going to be toxic like the real one. I don't even know why did you mention that.

My problem is what this can cause to the ART itself, because you know, music is ART! Even if it's Kpop.

If the whole industry would change and became a nice place for Idols, I would say the same.

• I understand it, some of my faves are dead because of the toxicity. But that doesn't mean this animated version will erase the toxicity. What you're saying is nonsense, btw! Of course, the fake Idol industry never going to be toxic like the real one. I don't even know why did you mention that.

My problem is what this can cause to the ART itself, because you know, music is ART! Even if it's Kpop.

If the whole industry would change and became a nice place for Idols, I would say the same.

You’re making no sense at all. You agree that real people are producing the music right? You said you understood it and yet are spewing nonsense. That’s why I replied and corrected you on the use of the word AI. The music is not AI. It’s real music by real people.

Even now the famous idols get the credit of the music created by producers behind the scenes. Virtual idols aren’t changing any status quo at all.

• different strokes for different folks

you (and I) seem to have no interest in AI/virtue idols but others do...

and if there is money to be made from it - companies will create the supply to satisfy the demand

• nope, the deposit for my forest cottage is growing nicely

sorry I'm probably missing something here lol

AI is banned on some Reddit communities, so we would see AI not everywhere fortunately.

AI is only growing...I'm not just talking about social media

warfare/public policy/corporations etc etc

• Ban it from many communities or at least discourage its usage.

by whom???

like I said the tech is only going to be better...

it's already used in many aspects of your lives without you even knowing...

10 ways we use AI in our everyday lives
    Artificial intelligence (AI) has become a ubiquitous part of our daily lives. From voice assistants to social media algorithms, AI is everywhere. Here are 10…
    www.mylearningspace.com.au

every gov is eventually going to be using AI in their weapons/ security / etc etc they aren't going to ban it...they might regulate it but the question is how...

• You’re making no sense at all. You agree that real people are producing the music right? You said you understood it and yet are spewing nonsense. That’s why I replied and corrected you on the use of the word AI. The music is not AI. It’s real music by real people.

Even now the famous idols get the credit of the music created by producers behind the scenes. Virtual idols aren’t changing any status quo at all.

Serious question? Are you dumb or just want to be another idiot troll? Where did I ever say the music is created by AI? Read my freakin' comment, I'm fed up with arguing a low IQ person or a troll. If you can't read, just ignore me.

Virtual Idols are literally like machines taking over the jobs of humans, you idiot. That was my point! I won't write the same shit again and again because you can't read. You're an EXO fangirl right? Maybe that's why you can't read English words, you're from another planet too, right? 🤣

Just look at what happening in Hollywood with AI! Studios want to create movies with AI, they want to use the actor's fake version even when they're dead. That's why AI shouldn't even exist. That's not ART, that's just cheating. And companies love it because they can keep millions and earn billions because most people don't even know what AI is.

Also, most Kpop fan, or music "lover" couldn't even tell if a singer is good vocalist, they only care about visuals, and when they become fans, they don't care about anything, they will love everything that their faves releases. Do you think those idiots can hear the difference between an AI cover or a real singing? No they can't. Most of them still think Idols are always sing live. 🤣

• I can assure you that plave is by real people

External Content twitter.com

It seems these former bg members may not be able to be in a group or solo and this is what they found they can do

I dont personally care for it...it's confusing and doesn't make much sense, but since this group is by actual people behind the scenes including some people I actually like, such as b-joo I'm not gonna Insult them

• I mean, technically, this is my point. If they can make their songs successful, there's no reason to use their animated version. They're not even ugly, they are typical cute boys. 😅 I honestly don't see why they can't just do it by themselves. Maybe it's the companies decision, I don't know. Probably it's cheaper for them this way, because they're like a singer who's doing a guide for the real singer.

• I mean, technically, this is my point. If they can make their songs successful, there's no reason to use their animated version. They're not even ugly, they are typical cute boys. 😅 I honestly don't see why they can't just do it by themselves. Maybe it's the companies decision, I don't know. Probably it's cheaper for them this way, because they're like a singer who's doing a guide for the real singer.

There could be a number of reasons why they were chosen for this. either way its a form of art. who are we to criticize them? Who are they hurting? You don't like it? Don't watch it

• I would not be surprised if Nvidia became the biggest company in the world by the end of year and that is mostly because of their AI technology. Their stock value have increased over 200% in a year. Market value is almost 2 trillion usd.

That AI technology must be for Windows computers because I play Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Mac, and my Mac has nothing from NVIDIA.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!