What do you believe makes someone a "Success Stan"?

• I see this thrown around a lot, and have often seen it aimed in my direction, and it always comes off as sour grapes to me.

For me, a success stan is someone who will ONLY show interest in groups that are successful, and their allegiance will shift to whatever group is perceived as the top.

If you just celebrate the successes of your group, I don't see an issue. It's all part of the story and journey of an artist, and bringing awareness and spotlighting historical achievements is important. That's why they get national and sometimes international headlines, depending on the scale of the achievement.

Speaking personally, I laugh anytime someone calls me, a MooMoo of over a decade, a success stan. I've ADORed and followed Mamamoo since 2014, when they were mostly nugu, and I went to 4 stops on their tour in 2023, years after their last #1 hit song on any chart.

And even if NewJeans suddenly fell off in 2024, my NJ topics wouldn't.

• When I never see a person talking about the actual music of the group they stan, only the achievements.

I don't know about that. They could just choose to talk about music elsewhere. Usually you get the most out of those conversations with other fans, insulated from trolls and antis.

There are subreddits and discord servers for discussions on a group's music, since the days of really active group threads on forums are behind us.

I was in the top 3 for most posts in the Mamamoo group thread on OH, but I only posted about their achievements generally outside of the thread.

Now all those conversations are in the MooMoo discord.

• Some of them actually put some music content among their achievements spam, as if nobody notices what they are doing

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• Whatever people do behind the scenes doesn't matter to me if I don't see it, the biggest success stan could give me the spoken guarantee that they talk about their favs music 24/7, but if I don't see it happen then for me they are a success stan. :/ why should that matter to someone whose conscience is clear?

• Some of them actually put some music content among their achievements spam, as if nobody notices what they are doing

There was a short stretch where I started tagging my achievement threads with a literal "[Achievement Thread]" label and some people still got triggered.

It's such an odd coping mechanism to me. Especially when, in almost every case, I can find these same people making threads or spamming achievements in the digital thread.

I'm not here to vent, even though it may seem like it. I just think the term is losing its meaning.

Okay, I will vent on one thing.

I've given visual evidence of me standing in the smothering Chicago heat for HOURS, with a half dozen people passing out around me, just to see NewJeans perform in person--a trip I planned and paid for, including airfare and a 4* hotel.

I'll be damned if I'll let anyone write me off as a NJ success stan :pepe-hips:

• I think it's not your case

You don't even post that many threads

NJ is just hated by many

XWQN6MB.png

• Whatever people do behind the scenes doesn't matter to me if I don't see it, the biggest success stan could give me the spoken guarantee that they talk about their favs music 24/7, but if I don't see it happen then for me they are a success stan. :/ why should that matter to someone whose conscience is clear?

I just don't know if a general K-Pop forum is where you're going to find the most engaging conversation about a group's music, generally speaking.

Let's use NewJeans and AKP for an easy example. How many threads in the past month alone have devolved into people calling their music boring or downgrading them as bad stage performers?

Would you want to engage with those people or go to a subreddit/discord server where you can have full confidence you're in a room where you can freely and happily discuss their music without excessive hate and shade from others?

Yes, it's a bit of an echo chamber, but it's better than the alternative for your average fan.

• Don't say that, more people will leave us for discord or reddit lol

XWQN6MB.png

• I think it's not your case

You don't even post that many threads

NJ is just hated by many

Ain't that the truth. That's why I think it's sour grapes.

What's funny is that I posted a massive achievement thread on the subreddit that loves to shade NJ and downvotes literally any positive post about them, and it got incredible engagement and upvotes. Seems like a lot of people have been silently tolerating that hate and were happy to see a positive post for once.

• Ain't that the truth. That's why I think it's sour grapes.

What's funny is that I posted a massive achievement thread on the subreddit that loves to shade NJ and downvotes literally any positive post about them, and it got incredible engagement and upvotes. Seems like a lot of people have been silently tolerating that hate and were happy to see a positive post for once.

On akp I only blocked 2 real success stans

Idk if even minion can be considered one tbh, and I don't have him blocked

XWQN6MB.png

• On akp I only blocked 2 real success stans

Idk if even minion can be considered one tbh, and I don't have him blocked

I don't think I've blocked anyone in my history of using the Internet. I have a high BS tolerance level :pepe-joy:

Sometimes I wonder if BlackpinkHouse is a success stan. You have been awfully talkative about LSF since the success of PN ;judgingpepe:

Success Stan imo gets obsessed with chart statistics but to a point they let it influence their feelings on a track.

Which makes me wonder if I'm a Flop Stan because I'm into Bibi, I'm digging ITZY's new album, I love XG, and I finally loved Twice in 2020.

Meanwhile I felt like the only person who actually thought Signal was a bop when it released. Even Onces shaded that song and it ended up getting a SOTY daesang

Maybe I am a song success stan pepe-ooh

• Moonbyul and Solar. They talk about how much they like Taeyeon and BoA. Also met them. But where's the collab?? Taeyeon and BoA isn't charting right now, and I don't see them mentioning these 2 anymore. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

:rant-bee::rant-bee::rant-bee:

Hwasa probably knows BoA number. Do your unnies a favor!! Have them in a room together and make some music!

---======---

• I'm always talkative about my Izone queens. X( But it's only been recently with Bluebeard and PN that LSRFM has truly reached the stratosphere, breaking two unique records for GGs (English song, B side song charting).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!