Between the America/global groups JYP-VCHA (A2k) and HYBE-Katseye (Dream Academy), which one has better potential for success?

• Choose your fighter: 32

1. Katseye (27) 84%
    2. VCHA (5) 16%

I don't think any of them will do that well compared to Hybe and Jyp existing gg. Personally, I don't like any of the original songs from their survival shows or predebut song for Vcha. But anyway which one do you think have more potential to doing better than the other one?

VCHA

A2K-01-0276_H3_r.jpg

7363c-16954016766753-1920.jpg

Predebut song:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Katseye

20231120_143356.jpg

what-are-katseye-members-mbti.jpg

Original songs from DA:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(This one sounds like Aespa song)

• Unpopular opinion, I guess Vcha will do better. Vcha looks and sounds like a group for tweeny girls while Katseyes appears to be more public friendly.

Yet, this means Vcha has clearer market and clearer identity. Despite being a group for a very niche market, it is easier to market the group to this focus group.

It will be way more difficult and way costlier marketing for Katseyes. This means it is a way riskier project.

Vcha unlikely will ever hit big but is promising to set itself in a lucrative enough niche market. Katseyes can possibly hit big but the possibility is very low.

• I think that Katseye will do better. Katseye gives off a more dark, sophisticated, cool, and classic vibe whereas VCHA gives off a more bubblegum, bright, and childish vibe. I also think that the style of Katseye’s music might make them more successful. The team B (girls in silver) had a really nice song. While VCHA is all American, Katseye has 3 American members so they could still do well in the US.

• This, I really have no idea whom they wanna target this group with.

Kpop fans will definitely not stan Katseyes, they are way too "western". Meanwhile half of VCHA members are asian and the other half adhere to asian beauty standards. So JYP can promote them in multiple directions and see where they stick.

Meanwhile, the Katseyes, they just have to make it in America, they have no other choice. You can't promote this group in Korea or Japan, it simply won't work. Girls are way too "intimidating" for the lack of a better word. And it will be very hard for them in America too, cause girl groups generally have been struggling and only succeeding as solos.

I really can't believe none of the girls from the Wannabe mission didn't make it. This is actually a group that they could market in Korea and Japan as well as in the west. And they have such a good visual chemistry as well despite all being of a different race.

• Wait, I loved this performance. It's my first time watching it.

It was very entertaining

• Hybe and geffen have the $ to promote better, but even being excited before the end of auditions about these groups, I now think the world isn’t ready for a global girl group singing in all English. Vcha seems to be doing well thus far, but they’re in a honeymoon stage right now. I’m not optimistic for either group long term.

Megan is the star of KATSEYE…she will get offers even when katseye is no longer around. Lara is also a star in the making. I don’t see any stage presence with Sophia. Sorry, she does nothing for me.

Edited 2 times, last by zylan ().

• I go for the HYBE group, they remind me of LMX in the vocal theme, also the members sing, dance and compose, if we see the visual theme along with the height of the members it is intimidating. They just need a good song, excellent choreography and they can have a decent group of fans, adding that Lara's sister has a spectacular discography, I can't imagine the talent that LARA has.

• VCHA are co-managed by Republic Records so that's a win for them.

VCHA wins for not being a Kpop Cover group that Katseye look like, just compare the Videos posted on which group wants to be a Kpop Group wannabe.

VCHA wins by being with a Company that shares Information unlike HYBE where every company protects their own interests.

VCHA wins by having KG (Blonde Girl) as a Main/Lead Vocal that has a distinct Non-Generic Kpop Vocal Color, she's also a Composer at 15 that has released Songs prior to competing on A2K

• Kateyes easily. Outside of HYBE and YG (Blackpink exclusive) every other label is completely clueless on how to promote overseas

Playlisting is the most important piece of promo anyone can have in 2023. Without it, the odds of attracting new listeners and potential new fans is zero

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!