Did SM made a big mistake by letting Min Heejin go?

• She was SM creative director and left SM in 2019 after being with them since 2002 and joined BigHit as CBO. She is charge of bighit x source music new gg (expect to debut this year) and bighit rebranding too apparently. some of her works:

IMG_20210319_160127.jpg

IMG_20210319_160129.jpgIMG_20210319_160130.jpg

pink tape is honesty iconic :froghype:

i got excited about the gg after i got to know her previous works and bighit was smart for snatching her from sm

inspired by:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well EXO logos were all known to be amazing but I wouldn’t really say she is the be all end all of design.

Like The Power Of Music album design was amazing but I can’t really say Kokobop album design was great. Some comebacks were good some were not. She’s just like anyone else with good and bad.

The world is big I’m sure there are plenty of ppl to replace her.

One person at SM whom I don’t want them to leave is the concert director Shim Jae Won. If he leaves it’ll be a true loss.

• no, before leaving SM she had good designs but also bad designs like any other professional

People forgot how much hate SM box MV or CGI quirky concepts or whatever those cheap jewel box album cases got lol.

Yeah there are been some great stuff but there’s also been mediocre stuff.

I for one absolutely loved EXO’s solo albums design which all seemed to have been after her departure. Chen and Suho’s album art. Kai’s pretty much ENTIRE creative direction for his album. So lots of good stuff after her departure too.

• People forgot how much hate SM box MV or CGI quirky concepts or whatever those cheap jewel box album cases got lol.

Yeah there are been some great stuff but there’s also been mediocre stuff.

I for one absolutely loved EXO’s solo albums design which all seemed to have been after her departure. Chen and Suho’s album art. Kai’s pretty much ENTIRE creative direction for his album. So lots of good stuff after her departure too.

I agree that we should give her credit for doing excellent works like EXODUS and Pink Tape, but she’s not all SM’s creativity lol

after her departure SM had other physicists as beautiful as the ones she did, or even better

• Yes. I hate a lot of the concepts that were given to SM groups ever since her departure. Everybody has hits and misses but her HITS were iconic. idfk what SM is even doing anymore. I have so much to say but I'll save that for another post/day. Now she is producing BH's GG? Yeah I'm expecting something incredible.

a lot of her misses happened bc they overworked her, with her only being in charge of one group i expected big things

• But she chose to go. It's her life and career, she was close to the fx girls too. SM can't stop her becaues she does what she likes, also she went freelance after leaving SM ... then she joined hybe

• if i recall correctly, at some point before she left SM, she and her work started getting lots of backlash and complaints from fans of different groups because of samey concepts and designs, so this was probably for the best of both parties, she had too much on her plate in SM and was probably burnt out and looking at some of the recent works from SM, they don't seem to be lacking or lagging behind in her absence.

• For the last time she had so many misses. So many ppl disliked it and she got a lot of complaints. The last few years many were glad she was changed lol.

It feels more like people are placing her on a pedestal because she joined another company and not because she was actually that great.

Yeah she had her moments of greatness but she also failed a lot.

I’m glad y’all bighit fans really happy with her. But I was glad she left SM.

• if i recall correctly, at some point before she left SM, she and her work started getting lots of backlash and complaints from fans of different groups because of samey concepts and designs, so this was probably for the best of both parties, she had too much on her plate in SM and was probably burnt out and looking at some of the recent works from SM, they don't seem to be lacking or lagging behind in her absence.

Obsession that happened after she left was the best design EXO had in ages. The War or Tempo were some of the worst album designs in terms of creative content EXO had. Survived purely on musical talent. I still cry at the Power Logo or Tempo logo.

• Yeah she had a huge amount of misses, also she's not in bighit nor has she ever been as a creative director. Bighit has their own creative team too. I don't know how many people, but there's 1 for each group, and there's cross over in the team. Many are actually stylists or worked in the fashion industry before, while MHJ was a graphic designer, now she's in ADOR and is that label's CEO. Well, Idc, it's normal, people move jobs and go to different environments and start over. People are either in love with her or hate her and are going to hate the new gg she will produce, like no in between.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!