I hate NewJeans

• Yes you read that title right. I hate the group NewJeans. Not the individual members but the group and it's ideals.

I thought back in the day Blackpink and Red Velvet were my most disliked groups ever. If only I knew what was coming in 4th gen smh.

I'm sorry Min Heejin. On paper they should be my favorite group right now mostly because of your involvement and how you shaped f(x) into the greatest group ever. But your vision of your first ever girl group has spun completely out of control.

1. The relatable group? How? NewJeans were relatable and felt like your best friends at debut yes but ever since then they have been transformed into nothing more than corporate action figures. BUY OUR FAVORITE SMART PHONE! BUY OUR CUTE STUFFED ANIMALS! BUY OUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD MCDONALDS! BUY OUR LUXUARY BRANDS THAT WE MODEL FOR! BUY THIS BUY THAT! CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN VIDEO ON YOUTUBE WITH NEWJEANS APP! Jesus fucking christ!

2. Every group now is trying to look like and sound like NewJeans and it's so god damn fucking annoying. This same thing happened admittingly with Blackpink when everyone went girl crush hip hop but it took a few years it seemed. Now every new release I might enjoy is fucked up because I always catch something that is there because of NewJeans. Whether it's the music, the video, or outfits. So don't tell me to just ignore Newjeans when it's infested the entire industry. I can't escape it.

3. The smartphone is the unoffical 6th member of NewJeans. Can they go 5 minutes without brandishing a phone in their videos? Or hell their live stages now?? I'm so sick of seeing phones in all of kpops videos but especially theirs. I get this is a me problem as they are not aimed at me and are instead aimed at teenage girls but god damn im convinced this group could never exist if smartphones weren't invented.

But thanks for the attempt Heejin. I'll be on the lookout for your next girl group that i'm sure you are already recruiting for cause Newjeans will be old as fuck in two years. Hopefully they will be better.

In the meantime stan IVE if you want a real kpop group in your life.

• Don't all groups have merch anyway?

Yes it has been blatant lately with a few groups, but no one forces you to buy anything. I don't :sweat:

These idols are advertising these high fashion brands, but I could never afford them so it's not like it bothers me. I have music and performances and I'm OK just with that!

Kpop thrives off capitalism after all.

On the other hand when those things (merch, ads, high brand stuff etc) is a priority compared to music (aka Blackpink... sorry blinks) then it can be triggering.

• Nothing tastes better than bitter old men’s salty tears :pepe-full:

it goes well with peanut butter, I guess.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you're going to complain about the inherent capitalism within groups created by corporations, whilst also being a fan of completely different groups created by other or the same corporations who all push hyper consumerism...

I dunno. Myabe pick a different struggle?

• It is the future.

Music videos are going to be just commercials full of product placements.

• BTW so drew can cry more

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTW so drew can cry more

Fuck all those songs except OMG

• Haters mad no GIF on GIFER - by Rageraven

MHJ:

My work GIF - Find on GIFER

• Blackpink has been phoning it in for the last 2 years. Plus their brand deals make much more sense as has been discussed plenty of times.

• I'm not a fan either, but they aren't going anywhere. Just ignore them and their fandom. It's easy bro.

There's plenty of threads & conversation on other groups.

• Good news for Drew.

Barbie may block Newpants

• Fuck all those songs except OMG

Demonstrating real taste here. OMG is the diamond in the rough in that list of mid songs. A real song with actual lyrics and a real bridge, none of this inane repetition for 2.2 minutes.

We are living in NJ world unfortunately. They are the trendiest worldwide right now, a cultural reset is what is happening, check out how many copy paste songs and MVs and concept rollouts we've seen over the past year from XG, SSS, Kiss of Life, Twice, Yena, Aespa, and probably a dozen other comebacks i'm missing right now.

I think only Ive, Idle, and LSRFM have stood out in terms of sticking to their guns, making songs that aren't stripped down and arent garage band trap RnB y2k sounding or doing those artsy storytelling MVs. They're holding true to who they are.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!