I thought it was wrong to assume genders?

• All the talk recently about NewJeans so called Uncle fan infestation I feel is not politically correct in 2023.

Did you know in some places it's illegal to not refer to someone as their preferred gender? How do you know all those deep loud fanchants are men? They could identify as 15 year old girls so I don't see the problem. And yes you will have to go along with it.

I thought we learned this stuff years ago when we aren't supposed to assume sexual preference.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Until it's okay for women to have naturally deep voices and not be assumed to be trans your point fails.

Literally there was a cis woman that sung in the alto/contralto range and people assumed she was trans. Fix that first.

• All the talk recently about NewJeans so called Uncle fan infestation I feel is not politically correct in 2023.

Did you know in some places it's illegal to not refer to someone as their preferred gender? How do you know all those deep loud fanchants are men? They could identify as 15 year old girls so I don't see the problem. And yes you will have to go along with it.

I thought we learned this stuff years ago when we aren't supposed to assume sexual preference.

Seeing as "creepy" is the adjective I see most often used a term like "Uncle fan", the real issue is not possibly misgendering them, but stereotyping by assuming their intentions at a purely superficial level.

• Until it's okay for women to have naturally deep voices and not be assumed to be trans your point fails.

Literally there was a cis woman that sung in the alto/contralto range and people assumed she was trans. Fix that first.

A man showed up to beat a womens bench press record recently and all he had to do was say he was a woman and he was allowed to participate and of course he broke the record easy.

He didn't even try to hide it. He was 100% man and of course everyone got pissed.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seeing as "creepy" is the adjective I see most often used a term like "Uncle fan", the real issue is not possibly misgendering them, but stereotyping by assuming their intentions at a purely superficial level.

True. Some of those Uncle fans I'm sure are there for the wrong reasons but some just love girl groups and their music because they are fun and it brings them joy.

Those same Uncle fans would score a lot of points if they also showed up at Mamamoo and Brave Girls live stages.

• look I personally don't have any problems with older fans of any sex or gender being fans or even having a bias that is a minor, the problem is when those older folks start acting weird or doing weird shit with the minors in the groups. I won't lie to you but your statement is really backhanded as well you could have made this thread without a lot of the shit you said. In the end of the what you are trying to advocate is for the stereotyping of Uncle or older fans not gender identity.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!