Fans having trouble accepting NewJeans copy and pasted PinkPanthress?

• Never even heard of PinkPanthress but it looks like she started the sound and visual that NewJeans is doing now. And just like kpop has been doing since day one with Hip Hop (not acknowledging or giving credit to where it all started) NewJeans and fans refuse to accept that they aren't original.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• First off, everyone should already recognize that ALL MODERN POP INCLUDING ROCK, METAL, LATIN POP, EDM, RNB, SOUL, HIP HOP, RAP, etc, all of it stems from 20th century American music, primarily from black communities. This includes garage music.

NJ sounds were never fresh, in fact, i doubt there will ever be fresh new music that has never been heard before unless maybe AI creates it lol. Or we change drastically as human beings and the vast majority of us start liking super dissonant sounds or some shit like that. NJ just took existing music styles and made them trend again in Kpop.

What i find funny are people popping veins and arguing with their whole chest about NJ vs Pink Panther. All this controversy over mid and boring music trends. Like, if you're gonna go nuts on TW, at least focus on the REAL PROBLEMS WITH MODERN POP WHICH I"VE RANTED ABOUT FOR YEARS ON HERE.

• What was said above me basically. They're not original in the entire music scene but it's not like what they do is that common kpop, so it's still "original" in a way. But to claim it's never been done before in general, would obviously be a lie

• You guys latch onto anything to legitimize your idea that New Jeans doesnt deserve their current success.

If you think that PinkPantheress invented this sound/aesthetic then please do me a favor and look up FX, Grimes and Sophie because you’ll be shocked.

Eyedi also?? I’m like yall are stupid

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• You guys latch onto anything to legitimize your idea that New Jeans doesnt deserve their current success.

If you think that PinkPantheress invented this sound/aesthetic then please do me a favor and look up FX, Grimes and Sophie because you’ll be shocked.

Eyedi also?? I’m like yall are stupid

fr.. and it’s wild to just say a certain genre of music is limited to only one artist lol

• that's not-issue, their fans claiming they have a fresh concept is not the same as claiming they are pioneers or God forbid: "paved the way" lol

Yeah but it got real tiring on TW and YT, every time NJ came out with something that had been done a billion times, their fans would go insane screaming about how "refreshing" they were. When they sound no different than the billions of RnB/hip hop songs i grew up with in the 80s and 90s.

ISTG "fresh" and "refreshing" became hated words in Blackpinkhouse's house.

Like of all the genres that MHJ coulda chosen to bring back, she chose this garage mid music. When she had LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF LEGENDARY 80'S GENRES TO CHOOSE FROM LIKE 80's SYNTH, ARENA ROCK, AND HAIR METAL ROCK. This huge opportunity wasted ;(;(;(

• Yeah but it got real tiring on TW and YT, every time NJ came out with something that had been done a billion times, their fans would go insane screaming about how "refreshing" they were. When they sound no different than the billions of RnB/hip hop songs i grew up with in the 80s and 90s.

ISTG "fresh" and "refreshing" became hated words in Blackpinkhouse's house.

Like of all the genres that MHJ coulda chosen to bring back, she chose this garage mid music. When she had LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF LEGENDARY 80'S GENRES TO CHOOSE FROM LIKE 80's SYNTH, ARENA ROCK, AND HAIR METAL ROCK. This huge opportunity wasted ;(;(;(

Oh my oh my god picturing NewJeans with 80s hair metal band hair. That would be bad ass.

• Oh my oh my god picturing NewJeans with 80s hair metal band hair. That would be bad ass.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could you imagine the members with this hair? It would be EPIC. And instead of drowzy garage music, they would be headbanging to epic guitar riffs and belting out massive anthemic choruses omg.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Could you imagine the members with this hair? It would be EPIC. And instead of drowzy garage music, they would be headbanging to epic guitar riffs and belting out massive anthemic choruses omg.

It's still very early in NewJeans career. This concept may happen yet at some point.

If it ever does though I'm dropping IVE for NewJeans lol

• The only people claiming NJ is original is SOME of their fans. K-pop is still pretty much a niche and I wouldn't be surprised if these fans don't look at other content outside that same niche. Keep in mind these are probably the same fans claiming the GG FLO is copying NJ. Like they live in a bubble.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!