Spotify will add a new feature for music videos, will this be a new favorite number for kpop stans?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll provide the template:

"[GroupX] became the fastest [Y] gen group to reach [Z] unique viewers in the first hour 🥳"

"[GroupX] are setting the history to be the first group to have [Z] total viewers 🎉"

• I think they are straying away from having a unique selling point

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But I wonder by videos do they mean shorts or like music videos eye-

Music videos.

and, didn't they already had some kind video as a background cover?

I think they are straying away from having a unique selling point

the funny thing is, they are a music streaming platform, not a social media/content platform like tiktok.

Idk what they had in their mind regarding this and I think they will stray into the wrong way?
    Like, tiktok is really abundance because every user is a creator (which you can choose to not to post anything), meanwhile spotify user had 2 type, artists and listener.
    Tiktok as a platform is providing a place for people to share any contents, Meanwhile Spotify as a platform is providing a place for an artist to share their music to the listeners.
    Tiktok (and youtube) is like C <--> C meanwhile Spotify is like A --> B

and yeah, they maybe will repel people who likes spotfify because it's simple (only some text and the music player). But then it may get some interest from people like isaidisaid.

well, let's see how far they'll go with this ^^

• I think Spotify's USP is their playlists, the autoplay feature which provides similar song recs, the focus on sound quality which is better than YouTube (but not apple music)

I guess adding a music video too might entice more users but I'd rather have them focus more on improving song quality, adding lyrics to all their songs even the newly released ones, more personalized playlists and making the concept of sharing playlists between friends better!

External Content x.com

• I think Spotify's USP is their playlists, the autoplay feature which provides similar song recs, the focus on sound quality which is better than YouTube (but not apple music)

I guess adding a music video too might entice more users but I'd rather have them focus more on improving song quality, adding lyrics to all their songs even the newly released ones, more personalized playlists and making the concept of sharing playlists between friends better!

I hear a Hi-Fi tier of music quality is coming out on spotify soon

• So they are doing what I've said they need to.

Good now Spotify mongrels will camp on Spotify and don't even come to youtube.

Still I think that in near future some other company might overtake them. Maybe something like Kick if they play things well, after all many streamers are moving from Twitch and youtube to Kick.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Don't think many realize that video is more lucrative than audio for artists and companies. This isn't also just about MVs because Spotify also wants to get into the tv show business. Have their own IPs possibly.

this is the article btw that the tweet is based on:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news…ength-music-videos-in-app

Yep I've read that, but it was said that the deal had been lapsed?

The thing that makes me wonder is, did they do this because they had the money to expand their business, or it's because they seem can't get more money from the music streaming alone, hence they make new variation to entice people to subscribe?

• Yep I've read that, but it was said that the deal had been lapsed?

The thing that makes me wonder is, did they do this because they had the money to expand their business, or it's because they seem can't get more money from the music streaming alone, hence they make new variation to entice people to subscribe?

Yeah the deal they mentioned in the article was from 2015 but the rumors are still there, especially after their podcasting business slowed down a bit.

They're just desperate to find alternative revenues sources. Spotify never has turned an annual profit and keeps bleeding money. As long as they keep growing their subscribers numbers it won't be that big of an issue, but that's bound to change some day. If you don't own the music then it's simply difficult to make enough money from it. So it's either creating your own content, or increase the subscription prices

• They are smart. For every company to grow, they need innovation. They are already a music streaming platform, the next big step would obviously be to add MVs for said music. Furthermore, as someone pointed out above, this is something their competitors, YouTube Music and Apple Music, already do. So really, it's more like they are actually catching up. Plus, I don't think most people would be dissatisfied with getting even more convenient services such as being able to stream songs and watch MVs at the same time.

• Finally I wouldn’t have to use YouTube at all. I pay for spotify it would be great to have videos there as well. YouTube is so annoying with its 45677788 ads.

But I wonder by videos do they mean shorts or like music videos eye-

Good point, I am sure it will be kind of bad at first, but hopefully spotify will get close to as user friendly as YT eventually.

• Don't think many realize that video is more lucrative than audio for artists and companies. This isn't also just about MVs because Spotify also wants to get into the tv show business. Have their own IPs possibly.

this is the article btw that the tweet is based on:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news…ength-music-videos-in-app

link?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!