What were staples of your childhood that show your age?

• I really hope y'all start talking about things I've never heard of. Go ahead, this is your "back in my day" moment.

I think mine make me seem older than I am.

1. I had a Blu-Ray DVD player. I remember all my friends thought it was super cool at the time.
    2. The Jonas Brother were emo (but Disney-sanctioned emo). I was their biggest fan (and still am, lol). I also really liked the Backstreet Boys and One Direction.
    3. I had a huge, giant radio/CD player thing that was as big as a desktop monitor.
    4. Taylor Swift was a country singer. I remember her announcing she was going pop and my country-loving aunt was displeased.
    5. Lazy Town, Super Why, Cyberchase, Little Einstiens and WordGirl were the only shows I would watch.
  • Records

Cassette tapes

Video tapes and games

Atari games

Walkmans

Yoyos

Rubik's cubes

Black and white TV

70's fashions

Etch a sketch

I could go on and on but they were good times.

Wow! I feel so old!

• At the time when I was a kid

• Disney Channel was only accesible trought pay-TV and you got jealous of your friends who had pay-TV and so saw a show 6 months before it aired on free-TV
    • Everyone was obsessed with High School Musical and I had people in my class who even shipped Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudghens and everyone called it "Zanessa"
    • You had nothing to do and so you watched horrible dubed TV shows on MTV where you saw Paris Hilton & Nicole Richi doing "normal jobs" but failed hard, but the dub was so bad cause you heard the original English voices underneath and so you disliked watching the show
    • Some TV stations used to air music videos and had even themed shows for it like "Musicvideos about heartbreak" or "Musicvideos perfect for karaoke" or "Remake vs. original Musicvideo"
    • They aired judge-court shows on TV where actors and actresses played fake-casses
    • There was a teen-magazine that had allways 2 pages full of pics of naked teens in them who they had payed for getting their nudes but the rest of the magazine was the typical teen shit like news on celebs and fashion but nowadays they removed the nude-pics lol
    • Everyone you knew around your age wore chucks as shoes and a few years later everyone you knew owned an "ice watch" and some of your friends even had ice watches in different colors to match their outfits
    • Colorfull pants like red, yellow, green,... had been a thing
    • You thought metalic eyeshadow was the shit and of cause you only wore 1 eyeshadow color and it was horribly blended on the eye
    • When everyone made fun of "emo" fashion based on a crappy written article in a teen magazine
    • Everyone wanted to own an Nintendo DS just to play "Nintendogs" or "Pony friends"
    • You knew that one boy who collected way too many Pokemon cards
    • When you felt to be the coolest kid in school just cause you had a phone that had a colored display and a installed flash light
    • When all girls were excited to watch the Barbie-movies
    • That one random girl who was covered in fake tattoos that were a free gift in a teen magazine
    • When you felt cool for owning gel-pens in neon colors
    • That one girl in your class who had a big crush on everyone in Tokio Hotel
    • That one person in class who was to broke to aford Ed Hardy and so their mom bought them fake fashion that was obvisiously not the real Ed Hardy
    • The one kid in your class who braged that they had seen a "Hard Rock Cafe" and were flexing with the shirt they got from there
    • When you watched so many American teen movies, that you got jealous for no reason at that one kid that went to a summer camp, not realising that a summer camp is actually shit and not as cool as in the American movies
    • That one kid who allready had access to the internet but all they did was playing childish games on some free websites
    • When you had a lot DVDs at home and could flex that you saw your fave movie more than 2 times on DVD cause of that
    • A lot girls were obsessed with earrings who looked like safetypins or zippers
    • When you visited a dance lesson as kid but had no idea that your teacher chose an actually very sexual sounding pop-song cause you couldn't even speak enough English at that time to know that the one Britney Spears song or that one Pussy Cat Dolls song was too sexual
    • You allways had that one kid in your school who was too busy after school "Sorry, Monday ... well I have tennis... oh thuesday ... no sorry I have ballet ... wednesday... uh also bad, I have violin lesson" etc.
    • When you knew 1 person who actually managed that their tamagochi didn't die within the first 2 weeks

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!