What do you do if you find out that you and someone you have just started talking to have an age gap?

• So this actually relates to my previous thread which you can read here: Should I ask this cute guy out? Tips?

Basically, after reading through the comments about what move I should make from my previous thread, I ended up giving him a note with my phone number in it. In less than 30 minutes after giving it to him, I got a text message from him and I was so excited. I really was not expecting him to text me at all or text me so fast, but it made me happy. Also please know that I've never done this before so doing something like this, like giving a cute guy my number was definitely OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE. I've never been in a relationship or in love, so I have zero experience as an adult who's in my late 20's.

Ever since he texted me for the first time, he and I had only texted each other for a total of less than half a day. What happened and why so little? Well later that same night he asked me what my age was because I brought up about how long has he lived in the same town as me and he mentioned his age. Then he wanted to know what my age was, but I didn't respond until the next morning because I went to sleep. When I finally revealed my age to him the next morning, he just stopped texting me ever since then. We haven't texted each other since then, and now I'm wondering if I should just give it up.

This whole experience is all new to me, so I'm basically clueless as to what to do about this situation. I don't know how to face him if I were to encounter him at his workplace. I'm just giving him space right now. Honestly I'm in shock about our age difference too, so even I'm clueless if I should continue to pursue this or not. I think we both are unsure if we want to keep talking to each other. I've been wanting to give him my number since February and now that I finally had the courage to make my move and give him my number, we only talk for less than half a day of text messaging and he's ignoring me because of our age difference of 6 years apart?

Do I move on and forget about him? Do I give him space and wait until he's ready? What are your suggestions? I need all the help I can get from this experience.

• age is no issue if there's no major different in power dynamics involved

usually that matters more than the age difference by itself

but you are getting to know him and he is getting to know you

that's the purpose of dating to get to know someone to decide if that person is right for you (or not)

• age is no issue if there's no major different in power dynamics involved

usually that matters more than the age difference by itself

but you are getting to know him and he is getting to know you

that's the purpose of dating to get to know someone to decide if that person is right for you (or not)

but since he has ignored me, I don't know if I should even ask him if he's okay or if everything is okay with him. Him ignoring me might not even have anything to do with me or our age. Maybe he's dealing with other things in his life, I really don't know. Do I text him first or wait for him to text me first since he went silent on me first? :/

• but since he has ignored me, I don't know if I should even ask him if he's okay or if everything is okay with him. Him ignoring me might not even have anything to do with me or our age. Maybe he's dealing with other things in his life, I really don't know. Do I text him first or wait for him to text me first since he went silent on me first? :/

personally I wouldn't think too much of it

possibility 1 - he's busy so give him some time

possibility 2 - it is an age thing and he's not interested - no big loss right since he's not interested

possibility 3 - he's ignoring you on purpose - well he's a jerk and better off without someone like that no?

• personally I wouldn't think too much of it

possibility 1 - he's busy so give him some time

possibility 2 - it is an age thing and he's not interested - no big loss right since he's not interested

possibility 3 - he's ignoring you on purpose - well he's a jerk and better off without someone like that no?

Yes, it's best to just focus on me right now. :thumbup:

• Yes, it's best to just focus on me right now. :thumbup:

always better to focus on yourself instead of pinning for someone like a

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;-)

• Is he 6 years younger or older? Sometimes men avoid older women since the society pushed the idea that men should the older in a relationship, so many are still loyal to this stereotype.

Or yeah, maybe he is busy or he isn't ready for a relationship. Doesn't mean it's your fault lol, you didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes I also engage in some conversations and don't realize the fact that they want something more.

It's ok, you can ask if he is alright or if something came up. And if he isn't interested in dating don't blame yourself. There are plenty of men, you will meet someone better.

• I’m cunty so if someone ghosts me like that, I’m done. Life’s too short to spend on someone who can’t even bother with the small courtesies. However, you could should shoot a quick conversational text and see if there’s a response (not asking why he didn’t follow up but just a quick hey bla bla text.) If still nothing, then don’t waste any more time on this.

Sorry this didn’t work out for you but wtg on taking a chance outside your comfort zone!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Is he 6 years younger or older? Sometimes men avoid older women since the society pushed the idea that men should the older in a relationship, so many are still loyal to this stereotype.

Or yeah, maybe he is busy or he isn't ready for a relationship. Doesn't mean it's your fault lol, you didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes I also engage in some conversations and don't realize the fact that they want something more.

It's ok, you can ask if he is alright or if something came up. And if he isn't interested in dating don't blame yourself. There are plenty of men, you will meet someone better.

He's younger. Thank you for those kind words! <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!