I really really despise the sexism and double standards of SM

• Your mistake is thinking this is a SM issue only

I think you guys give SM WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit for things

I really don't think people understand business and so things like this happen where companies are blamed. No one should be blamed i really think it is down to popularity support the girls more like you do boys. Around the world you will see for many male artists they also get more for girls it seems more competitive and LESS supportive due to competition.

I thought like you too but this is definitely not an SM problem but people problem a society problem

It is like saying SM is ageist for debuting young girls only. When we all know artists debut early for better chances. It is a FACT that boy groups perform better and bring in more long term profit. It is a FACT

SM does't even treat male groups fairly I want aespa to go on variety shows but waited years for NCT. I do believe girl groups should be given the chance as well with more backing but we also should support the girl groups that is the issue

• Yeah all this sucks but unfortunately fans can't do anything about itbecause it's been going on for years without any change

SNSD were literally sabotaged (still crazy to think how a company actually did that, I've never seen that shit happen in any form of media or product)

FX was the step child they didn't want right to the end

Aespa have only 2 songs and no other promotion like TV shows

Only RV has had decent care under SM in the last 5 or so years yet even that isn't close SM bgs who get lots of CBs, tours, individual promo etc.

Often i think SM would be better if just producing bgs and save time and effort from creating ggs since they don't care

• it sucks that sm doesn't treat their female artists fairly. dont hate on shinee tho. they just had the idea of having other artists react to their mv. shinee are an older group with more influence, so it makes sense that sm let them do it when they probably trust them more. it's not like a however month old group can dictate what content they put out or their managers will listen to their suggestions. the fault is with whoever is in charge of their content for not being creative or fair enough, not sm's boy groups. and it's a fair trade. shinee will react to iu, suju, superm, aespa, tvxq, etc when they come back.

• Official Post

SM has been bad to ggs since the age of dawn, and it's in no way the boys' fault.

but literally, SHINee just had their first comeback right after older members finished their mandatory military service. Aespa aren't the only one that had to react to SHINee's comeback though, other SM groups had to do it too. And Super Junior just came back after having their 15th-anniversary album postponed three times over the course of a year.

It's in no way the boys' fault that SM wants to waste away Aespa's talents.

• Yeah GGs are treated bad. GGs don’t have fandoms to support them when they become older and hence SM treats them poorly. RV didn’t have a fandom at all to even begin with so they get treated even more poorly. FX is just the exception that proves that rule.

Pity kpop in general can’t handle GGs. Even with such poor treatment SNSD lasted longer than other GGs of their time. So even if SM is shit they are still better than everyone else.

• This paragraph was a waste of time and space If you had not read this and I had not typed this you and I could’ve done something more productive than reading this mindlessly and carelessly as if you did not have anything else to do in life Life is so precious because it is short and you are being so careless that you do not realize it until now since this void paragraph mentions that you are doing something so mindless so stupid so careless that you realize that you are not using your time wisely You could’ve been playing with your dog or eating your cat but no You want to read this barren paragraph and expect something marvelous and terrific at the end But since you still do not realize that you are wasting precious time you still continue to read the null paragraph If you had not noticed you have wasted an estimated time of 20 seconds Imagine what you could’ve done with those 20 seconds besides reading this non-productive paragraph Imagine the things you could’ve accomplished Imagine the possibilities But time is irreversible and you still do not realize this Somehow you have managed still to waste around now 35 seconds reading this stupid excessive and long paragraph with your irreversible time If you haven’t realized that then you have not yet read the whole paragraph Even if you did you still refuse to stop reading this essay After around 45 seconds you are still reading this mindlessly and carelessly with your precious and non-reversible time If you remembered from the first sentence of this disgustingly long paragraph you would remember that this paragraph was a waste of time and space imagine if I had not typed this paragraph and you had not read it Imagine all the things you could’ve done the things that made you you But no you are still reading this paragraph and it has been around 60 seconds which is a whole full minute A minute! Yet you still have the urge and motivation to read this pointless and long essay Now you have nearly reached the end you ponder why am I reading this? Why is the writer making a paragraph so long that I have the urge and motivation to finish this pointless paragraph to prove him that reading is what makes me me Then you realize you have wasted now around a minute and 10 seconds If you had not make the idiotic decision of continuing to read this paragraph use that mind of yours to think what you could’ve done throughout your whole irreversible time You could’ve finished your homework play with your cat eat your seal or you could’ve discovered who made the fire hydrant if you did not get the reference you could’ve went and learned something and post it on reddit in the subreddit “Today I learned” but you still have the urge to read this insanely long paragraph pondering how I typed this without rest Then you read this text and see that text over there Why am I still reading this? How does this paragraph know what I’m thinking? What did I eat last April the 17th? Then you come to the conclusion that you know that this useless and insanely long paragraph would tell you And you are right but I did not write this and you have wasted now around 2 minutes A full 2 minutes Now use that intelligence that you have assuming that your IQ is above 60 and you are literate Now that you have made it this far you wonder if you learned anything but no you did not get the reference about the fire hydrant and refused to look it up then you make the decision of reading this long essay with your irreversible time Since you have made it this far on your long journey you try have the urge to stop reading But I bet you cannot finish this paragraph for which you are lazy and want to continue on with your life but you keep on reading this long wasteful barren and non-productive essay that will not benefit you in any way than making you lose your irreversible and precious time but that is not even a benefit Soon you realize that it has been now 3 minutes A full 3 minutes now you use your intelligence with an IQ above 70 and ponder about the things you could’ve done the assignments you could’ve done the dogs and cats you could’ve eaten But you continue reading this now nearly 2 paged paragraph Then you wonder how this is even a paragraph How am did I make it this far? Do I get a certificate? Why am I reading this pointless and barren paragraph? How does this essay know what I’m thinking about? Then finally you feel relaxed and accomplished because the essay said finally to make you hyped up that you accomplished reading a nearly 2 paged essay then the paragraph creates a plot twist You’re no where near the ending Your insides wince a little while you’re reading this endless paragraph Wondering if this will ever end Then you start getting nervous that it’s almost time for bed then you wonder what you ate for breakfast on June the 9th How does this paragraph know what you’re thinking about you think? Because when you’re reading a paragraph inside your head the words are projected into your brain with the IQ above 90 and then the thought process go through your internal organs and through yours eyes and you wonder if this is actually true but it’s really not because all it is non-sense Then you look at your watch if you had one and realize that it’s been a near 4 minutes 4 minutes if you expect this paragraph to say the old and customary saying after you’ve discovered how long it’s been then you’re wrong This time the paragraph is going to criticize you why you’re still reading this essay with your irreversible and precious time Why are you still reading this you ask? Because you are so headstrong and careless yet you have the urge and motivation to continue reading this essay that it feels like an eternity If you have made it this far then it is mind boggling on what you could’ve done with your near 5 minutes Imagine the things you could’ve eaten sushi sharks dogs snakes cats fish humans dogs dogs and many more wonders of this world Then when you are reading this you realize that there is no long a wall of text you realize that you think you’ve made it to the ending and I congratulate you on your epic journey across the wall of text Yet you have not yet realized that you wasted a full 5 minutes on this paragraph that feels endless yet it has been ceased

You're evil af :cryingr:

why did I even read that anyway? :waterr:

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• SM has constantly shown their emphasis is on their bg rather than gg, but they’re not alone in this and I’m not sure why it’s surprising? BP fans have a lot to say about their own label on this subject.

For SM and most companies, bg = $. These “old ass” groups as you call them are still selling the shit out of tours and albums, and this is a business. People are buying candles and bracelets and charms related to their male idols. As they age, these fans continue to support their favorites, as you can see here by just looking around at the Elfs, shawols and EXO-Ls. They may not want a bracelet anymore but they continue to support their faves as a consistently paying customer. I’m older so not interested in buying a bracelet, but I sure did buy Baekhyun’s concerts and digital albums even tho I can stream for free. Have you bought RV or Aespa products? (I’m not criticizing you here for how you spend your money - I’m merely making the point that dollars talk. If fans want businesses to spend more on gg, it starts by showing them with your dollars..)

The amount of members? Also money. 23 members that each have stuff equals 23 times the potential sales. I see ‘em on Twitter - there are folks buying albums for all the photo cards or subscribing to multiple Bubbles. Again, this is a cash money dolla dolla bills grab. I have no doubt in my head that SM, like other companies, has a data cruncher who knows precisely how many members to potentially generate maximum revenues.

I also think your post is completely ignoring RV’s situation. RV, despite not having an album in over a year, had the same amount of songs on the SMTOWN show as TVXQ and one less song than SuJu. NCT dominated the songs and time because they had a 1 million plus selling album at the time...which again, it’s a business, yo. Aespa had one song because Aespa had..one song. That whole concert was about laying the groundwork for future sales - hence why they named the folks in each group onscreen for the muggles (unlike the regular Beyond Live concerts which are talking to the fan base.)

Between Wendy’s recovery and Irene’s scandal, I was surprised to see them at all but I suspect SM was testing the waters about public reaction to them before prepping a comeback.

As for Aespa, they’re building the hype train here for bigger record sales down the line, just as they did/are doing with NCT Dream and WayV and SM has a time honored tradition of randomly shoehorning their newest acts in with their older acts (MV reaction is the new thing but this kind of crap has always happened.) again, also not isolated to SM, tbf, all labels pin their new acts to their established ones in crazy ways - whether performances or social media content.

(I’m not sure why NCT is such a punching bag here but you’re complaining that they lost to an NCT unit when that NCT album was one of the top selling albums of the year? But okay.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Im literally talking about music show Aespa was up against 2 nct units and go 2nd place to 90s love that's all on SM for promoting the groups around same time

SM girl groups literally keep SM relevant in terms of digitals I'm not mad at any groups just how they are promoted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!