Why is SM inconsistent with aespa

• Right from the beginning, they oriented aespa to follow the future cc, mix pop, hyperpop music but suddenly changed to y2k with type of music that easy to listen after NJS, IVE succeeded. Are they scared?

I know aespa fans are trying to make excuses that in kwangya they will sing mix pop, hyperpop and real word will NJS type but I bet it's simply because SM wants to catch up with other groups. Because no one listens to mix pop anymore, even Nmix who once claimed to want to be queen of mix pop gave up :skull:

• their concept was getting worn out so they definitely had to change it imo, people weren't tuning in for more kwangya thing, maybe they'll be back with the concept in future

• Right from the beginning, they oriented aespa to follow the future cc, mix pop, hyperpop music but suddenly changed to y2k with type of music that easy to listen after NJS, IVE succeeded. Are they scared?

I know aespa fans are trying to make excuses that in kwangya they will sing mix pop, hyperpop and real word will NJS type but I bet it's simply because SM wants to catch up with other groups. Because no one listens to mix pop anymore, even Nmix who once claimed to want to be queen of mix pop gave up :skull:

its so boring when groups refuse to evolve just cause they hit it big with one concept

and yes they should be scared of being left behind, kpop is competitive

• Aespa was set up right from the beginning.

Expecting a new gg (then) to carry a concept based on a lore is just not gonna happen not to mention the questionable marketing decisions SM made.

MCU had decades of comics and their communiry and K/DA had a decade of LoL with millions of gamers behind it.

LSM who has the vision and idea for aespa, and aespa's main director before, left SM. Yoo Young-jin, who was aespa's main producer before, left with LSM (because LSM is his teacher). how do you think SM can continue aespa's concept with those two already left SM ?

I am still glad that SM still continue their lore in the bside (welcome to my world).

• LSM who has the vision and idea for aespa, and aespa's main director before, left SM. Yoo Young-jin, who was aespa's main producer before, left with LSM (because LSM is his teacher). how do you think SM can continue aespa's concept with those two already left SM ?

I am still glad that SM still continue their lore in the bside (welcome to my world).

Aespa's concept wasn't rocket science or any so unique that they couldn't have brought in other producers to replicate it. The reason they didn't continue it after Lee Soo Man and that whack producer left is because they obviously had no interest in doing so. They never shared Lee Soo Man's vision for Aespa to begin with, that much we saw during the attempted hostile take over of the company. I doubt lyrics about plants was the only place SM disagreed with Lee Soo Man on. This comeback all but proves that. It's no coincidence that after those two are gone Aespa is finally looking ans sounding like a real kpop group and not a Meta plant.

The only thing I question is the smartness of this decision. Even though Aespa ai concept and Kwangya was deeply unpopular with the general public, it's what brought in their huge fanbase. Switching concepts now risks alienating many fans. And if this new concept doesn't bring back the general public, then switching concepts would all have been for nothing.

But perhaps it will pay off but it will take time to reverse the negative impact of Kwangya on the general public and this is a step in the right direction.

• its so boring when groups refuse to evolve just cause they hit it big with one concept

and yes they should be scared of being left behind, kpop is competitive

Doing the same concept over and over is literary what majority of kpop groups do, specially in the big 4.

How are they going to be left behind?

Didn't they sell 2 million albums or something?

• Their concept was getting stale, and was of questionable worth to begin with. The lore was frankly just stupid and feels like something that an overly imaginative 12-year-old came up. The girls never gave me the impression they were genuinely into it either. They always gave off big "Do I really have to do this?" energy. Losing their "creative team" is probably the best thing that could've happened to them.

Doing the same concept over and over is literary what majority of kpop groups do, specially in the big 4.

How are they going to be left behind?

Didn't they sell 2 million albums or something?

That is literally NOT what a majority of Kpop groups do. Most groups change up their concept with every comeback.

• yeah, thats boring

It is, but people like consistency.

If twice had continued going with their cute concept/sound, they would be doing better in the charts.

Just seem how successful BP remain despite very little deviation from their original concept/sound.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!