I don't actually want BP at YG or TBL

• I want UMG to buy out their contracts from YG/TBL

Reason I don't want BP to renew with YG is...YG 🚶

As for TBL...teddy...he's good at making music but man he's so unbelievably unambitious & low-key arrogant 🚶 it's my hope his new CEO is more business driven & they will adopt a more aggressive approach to reach more folks globally but yeah... nothing has changed so far, could be they still waiting for BP to initiate, we'll see

Now as for why I believe UMG will be the best option for BP,they will milk them lmaoo they will actually let them release so much music like 20 songs albums & extensive promo & radio airplay

The noms & awards will obviously follow

UMG will actually be the company to make BP shine as musicians rather than as strictly money generating idols

• Go to Best Answer
  • quick question why would UMG buy out their contract's?

Uh....money?

I dont think UMG has a single artist that can come within a country mile of 3M physical album sales or 2M for a BP soloist. Shit's 1000x more lucrative than digging between sofa cushions and clawing for streaming pennies from cheapskate locals who refuse to pay for music (including me X( ).

• Cause BP is crazy stupid profitable?

They can generate some $500M a year with music sales & touring, that's alot of $$$

-They wouldn't be BLACKPINK. YG owns the trademark.

-They couldn't perform their songs. YG owns the music.

-They couldn't use their YouTube, IG, Twitter. YG owns the platforms.

-YG even owns the 'Lalisa' trademark.

Sure they could not renew with YG and perform as BEIGEFUSCIA and sing the ABC song I guess. But everything you love about Chaeyoung Park, Pranpriya Lalisa Manobal, Jennie Kim and Kim Ji-soo is because they are Rosé, Lisa, Jennie and Jisoo as BLACKPINK. They are that because they are in YG. It's a partnership for sure. It doesn't work without the members' talent, charisma and personality...it also doesn't work without YG either.

But it's all a moot point. They've already renewed with YG.

And the members have practically screamed to the fans' faces they like being in YG and the people in YG. I don't know why you guys refuse to listen to the members themselves.

You have no say in their careers. They don't care about your opinions on what they should do.

They've signed the 5-year renewal. It's time for you to get over it.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Amen!

Obama Mic Drop GIF - Obama Mic Drop Largar O Microfone ...

• -They wouldn't be BLACKPINK. YG owns the trademark.

-They couldn't perform their songs. YG owns the music.

-They couldn't use their YouTube, IG, Twitter. YG owns the platforms.

-YG even owns the 'Lalisa' trademark.

I forgot YG owns the "Lalisa" trademark.

That is just insane. Would be like owning the "Kelly" or "Linda" trademark. Then all women with that name wanting to be an artist under that name (or even start a business) would get into trouble.

Just weird to me how a first name can be trademarked.

• I am 90% sure BP will stay at YG. I don’t think moving labels makes much sense. At least for group management meaning that even if a member leaves YG for solo activities I still think it’s likely they stay in BP and it continues to be manage BP group activities. I think we are in a new age now where companies are more open with this arrangement especially if that group is as profitable as BP. So maybe you will get your wish at least for solo management

• Irrelevant but do you have any say on BLACKPINK doing a Korean stadium encore Is it possible?

• I'm sure people won't like this idea but the truth is most of the top K groups/acts would COMMERCIALLY be better served working with labels beyond the K-Pop ecosystem at this point.

And I think that moment is coming eventually, just not sure it's going to be for any of our favs!

• the girls are happy in YG ( well in TBL) since they do everything there lol and you can tell by their responses/reactions + they are very supportive of other tbl artists.

they trust their team ( that's not something easy to do) so you don't want them there just because you prefer UMG? what kind of logic is that? they'll do what they want to do we as fans don't have a say in their decisions.

• First, if UMG buys their contract, that would mean they were still together and still making music, which is not my preferred outcome. Second, UMG only signs Korean acts because their Korean companies put in all the money for songs, videos, and creating promotions. I'm sure UMG's done the math and probably decided they can't afford to sign them directly.

• If they all leave, wouldn't they be getting Blackpink trade mark? Isn't that what happened to IKON? All members left, hence they took the name. Just pray YG doesn't disband Blackpink before their contract expire like 2ne1

lol 2ne1's istuation was very different I don't know why people even bring them up Bom's scandal, minzy leaving was the main reason + bp is yg's breadwinner . I'm sure bp already renewed so

• Uh....money?

I dont think UMG has a single artist that can come within a country mile of 3M physical album sales or 2M for a BP soloist. Shit's 1000x more lucrative than digging between sofa cushions and clawing for streaming pennies from cheapskate locals who refuse to pay for music (including me X( ).

UMG has Taylor swift & BTS & well BP several Japanese artists that can sell 1M-2M physically yearly so yeah but nobody says no to another multi million selling act 😂

• First of all, YG himself has contributed about 5% of what BP is today lol

He literally said he left teddy to handle everything about BP so he was "worried" apparently he thought without his help the group would flop(when low-key the opposite is what's been happening,all his non teddy produced groups have flopped)

They haven't renewed with YG 😂

The pinks have no love for this YG u speak of,all they talk & post about is teddy & TBL 😂

• I am 90% sure BP will stay at YG. I don’t think moving labels makes much sense. At least for group management meaning that even if a member leaves YG for solo activities I still think it’s likely they stay in BP and it continues to be manage BP group activities. I think we are in a new age now where companies are more open with this arrangement especially if that group is as profitable as BP. So maybe you will get your wish at least for solo management

Every sign points to BP switching label & moving to TBL

It's possible because YG owes teddy & it's better to still profit from the pinks through an associate company rather than lose them completely 😌

• the girls are happy in YG ( well in TBL) since they do everything there lol and you can tell by their responses/reactions + they are very supportive of other tbl artists.

they trust their team ( that's not something easy to do) so you don't want them there just because you prefer UMG? what kind of logic is that? they'll do what they want to do we as fans don't have a say in their decisions.

TBL is not YG just saying

• If they all leave, wouldn't they be getting Blackpink trade mark? Isn't that what happened to IKON? All members left, hence they took the name. Just pray YG doesn't disband Blackpink before their contract expire like 2ne1

YG doesn't see ikon as a lucrative asset so as a sign of goodwill he let the group keep ™ just like jyp with GOT7

BP is a super IP so only teddy can get the pinks out of YG

• First, if UMG buys their contract, that would mean they were still together and still making music, which is not my preferred outcome. Second, UMG only signs Korean acts because their Korean companies put in all the money for songs, videos, and creating promotions. I'm sure UMG's done the math and probably decided they can't afford to sign them directly.

Did u just say umg can't afford to sign BP??

Sure they will spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy out their contracts but u do realize they will make that back with just 1 BP era??

• YG x UMG x BLACKPINK Entertainment ??

• I don’t like YG, because of their annoyingly long hiatuses, and BLACKPINK has also said they get no input on music. If they get more creative control and can release music when they want, I’m all for them staying.

Somi was recruited by Teddy for TBL and yet the poor girl doesn’t know if she’ll get another song. I don’t want anyone going there.

INFINITE just got all of their trademarks, so I would be surprised if BLACKPINK couldn’t get theirs and start their own label. The girls are successful enough to do anything they want.

• Did u just say umg can't afford to sign BP??

Sure they will spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy out their contracts but u do realize they will make that back with just 1 BP era??

I'm not saying they can't afford it. I'm saying they may not choose to do so when they can distribute another Kpop group whose Korean company is paying for everything except distribution outside of Asia.

• I don’t like YG, because of their annoyingly long hiatuses, and BLACKPINK has also said they get no input on music. If they get more creative control and can release music when they want, I’m all for them staying.

Somi was recruited by Teddy for TBL and yet the poor girl doesn’t know if she’ll get another song. I don’t want anyone going there.

INFINITE just got all of their trademarks, so I would be surprised if BLACKPINK couldn’t get theirs and start their own label. The girls are successful enough to do anything they want.

The lies :cursing:

BP has a say in their music. They don't do the music they don't want. They also have creative control. Your comment just shows you're saying the random things and actually not following them :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!