LE SSERAFIM “UNFORGIVEN” Album Discussion

• I can give an opinion on "Between you, me and the lamppost" because most of the time i never listen to the ballad bsides because it's always the same thing, there's rarely one ballad song who really stand out

No-return and flash forward : i don't really have anything to say about it, it's the type of song we're hearing very often in kpop album, they are cute and sweet that's it

Fire in the belly : I love the risk took here by doing a latin type of song, it's one of the song i have the most enjoy listen to it even if i didn't like the chorus, i really dislikee chorus who just consist of " woaouw, waouw, waouw,...."

Eve, Psyche ... : is good, it would be better without the "boom boom" but it's still good

the bsides are good, i just think overall the album doesn't feel as strong and refined than their previous one

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Actually i am REALLY liking this album. Honestly this whole comeback would have been perfect with Impurities as the lead title, Unforgiven as the promoted B side or just a regular B side (there are several songs that deserved to be promoted over it on the album).

The album is bringing it. Better than the recent albums from Idle, Ive, Twice, Aespa, even Itzy.

The Lamppost ballad is FANTASTIC, i think it's a 10 out of 10 at least on first listen. Flash is also amazing, at least a 9 out of 10. FIre is really good too, at least an 8 out of 10.

The weakest song is Bluebeard, probably a 4 out of 10, and Unforgiven which is a 6 right now. No Return is decent a 7 out of 10 at least. Burn is actually an 8 i will actually relisten to it, which i never for an intro.

• Ok I noting my thoughts as I listened to the entire Unforgiven album.

As their first official full album, I think conceptually they pulled in the intro and two key tracks from the past two minis. This annoyed current fans (me included) but it’s great for new fans or non-fans checking them out. Conceptually, the old tracks/ first 6 songs def do represent LSRFM thus far and it shows their title tracks and best B-sides.

I have always enjoyed TWINO intro. Not only intro to Fearless but to LSRFM as a group so I get why they kept it. New listeners will be listening to this and it still works as an intro. I think the 2023 versions are basically re done w/o Garam and with my HD earphones, I can think the instrumentals are coming through better. I can’t tell any drastic changes but Blue Flames sounds remastered and fantastic right after Fearless.

The Hydra intro and Antifragile are still bops. But I am soooooooo happy that more people will discover Impurities because I personally thinks it’s one of their best songs. They sound so good.

Burn the Bridge - I loved this since the teaser was released. It’s still great and I think these type of intro and instrumental/story interludes will just be a LSRFM thing, which is cool because I don’t think other groups do it so much except Dreamcatcher has amazing instrumental intros/interludes to their albums too but w/o story voice overs. It’s good intro to Unforgiven and all the new type of songs they are showing. I love that they don’t do as expected.

Unforgiven - Love it! I love the instrumentals - guitars, the sample, Nile Rogers, the pre-chorus, the mix up to chanting chorus, and finally a good rap segment in their song.

No Return - The ooooh ooohs are catchy but the drums build up to the chorus is my fav. The chorus isn’t to my taste but the horns came on and won me over. Do I hear a saxophone too - gah - sooo good. I think this song performed live will be amazing. Seriously, the girls are killing any type or genre of songs! I love the diversity!

E, P, and the BB’s wife - ohhhh dark electro dance!!! Love the instrumentals here too! Not sure re the lyrics because it is a bit repetitive boom boom but I like the sampled the ‘I am mess’ bit. However, I know repetitive lyrics is a norm for this genre/style.

Fearnot - acoustic ballad! From the preview, I thought I would like it more but it’s a lovely song. Vocals are great on this song and I can see this be a fan favorite. A grower for me tho.

Flash Forward - another fun bop! They sound good and really excel on this kind of song. Another song that I think will be great when performed live.

Fire in the Belly - ohhh Latin sound and it reminds me of Gloria Estefan at so bits but the slow down was a lovely surprise to then build up again. Another fantastic song and they will kill the performance for sure. Kazuha has improved her rap parts so much! The “wow wow wow la la la la ole ole ole” is already stuck in my head. Great end to the album!

There isn’t a song that I dislike! Despite the old songs, I think this album rocks and is totally unique sound. I can’t see another GG do some of these songs. I can’t wait to see how they perform these new songs! A

I just rewatch the MV and realized it was shot in Thailand too! Hehehe

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• LSM has this trend for me where I find their bsides better than the title. No Return is an amazing followup to No Celestial, Eve Psyche and Bluebeard's wife is amazing, sounds like something I could see Rina Sawayama singing, Flashforward and Fire in the Belly are also very enjoyable. Even Fearnot is higher than average quality track-wise.

Eve, Psyche, and Bluebeard's wife would've been my pick for the title, but I can understand why they went with Unforgiven.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!