Which idol generation do you feel the strongest connection to?

• Which idol generation do you feel the strongest connection to? 18

1. First Gen (0) 0%
    2. Second Gen (7) 39%
    3. Third Gen (11) 61%
    4. Fourth Gen (0) 0%

Second Gen got me into K-Pop, but it was a third gen group that made me love K-Pop. My first K-Pop concert, first trip to Seoul and first time meeting my favorite idols were all during 3rd gen. It was also when I was most active in different K-Pop communities and did content creation.

Last but not least, 3rd gen is the first generation I'll have seen from start to finish. It makes me feel old :skull:

3rd gen fan for life honestly. We set the table for what the 4th gen is accomplishing now 8)

• Second gen. It's the era in which I became a fan and lots of iconic groups and songs that imo today's groups can't match. I play these songs more than any other. It's when K pop used to be K pop.

• Idk gen doesn’t mean anything for me but I’ve enjoyed kpop since around 2016. There hasn’t been any significant change in these years in terms of music so I like multiple groups from 3rd and 4th gen.

All I know is 2nd gen had god awful music. But since around 2014-15 music became much better broadly speaking.

• I am emotionally split between 2nd and 3rd.

2nd generation was my introduction to this world. In 2007, I found this whole new world I never knew existed. Here was this excited new strange land of celebrities I had never heard of. Empires and players I knew nothing of. A whole new culture that I found intriguing and fascinating. This time period all coincided with my parallel introduction and exploration of Kdramas. Together that slowly became my new "pop culture". I largely stopped paying attention to my own countries pop culture. And I replaced it with the world of Korean pop and Korean drama. Yoona and SNSD were my primary emotional connection during this time. And to me their early career from debut to 3rd gen will be a magic time in kpop for me. To this day their early releases are "kpop" to me. This was my nostalgia period. It will forever be magical.

3rd generation is the period in which I became engaged with kpop as a community and joined forums and made friends with others in this world. That added a whole new layer to my connection. As it was when I finally got to share this special love with others who loved it too. Prior to this it had largely been a more solo endeavor for me. This period coincided with me growing fondness of Tzuyu. And I've fashioned myself as a fanboy of hers of sorts. Also falling in love with TWICE as a group and their early b-sides. Some of their songs are some of my most cherished in kpop, and touch on feelings of idealism and youthful love and the feelings that I so remember when I was younger and life was simpler. Being able to share with others in the Once fandom was my first real time feeling like a part of a kind of family in kpop. And it's been very fun and moving. And helps me cope with the stress from my regular adult life with responsibilities and work and the like. This period will always be special for introducing that participatory aspect and the bond of community. A respite from the trials of the day.

Those are the most special generations to me.

And I look forward to what's to come.

• I started with bts but quickly fell for 4th gen groups than dropped those for 3rd gen and eventually fell in love with 2nd gen. I'd say that my top 2 groups are 3rd gen I'd go with that.

• I started with bts but quickly fell for 4th gen grouos than dropped those for 3rd gen and eventually fell in love with 2nd gen. I'd say his my top 2 groups are 3rd gen I'd go with that.

• Did you get to meet MAMAMOO? Or was it someone else? I bet that was exciting.

Yes! First met them in 2015 at a Korean Culture Festival in LA! Got an album and poster signed and got to chat with them for a good amount of time in the process.

I've seen them 4 times since then. And now I'm about to go to at least 2 of their concerts this year!

OMFG MOVE TF ON! Every single "who you no longer stan" thread 3 years later saying you no longer stan BTS have you in EVERY FUCKING THREAD saying the same thing OVER AND OVER like an obsessed ex girlfriend. Annoying AF. And this is why you are a leftover.

giphy.gif

• 2nd

I get more excited for any 2nd gen group reunion than 10 comeback of other gens

Ill take a brown eyed girl new album over all of 4th gen comebacks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OMFG MOVE TF ON! Every single "who you no longer stan" thread 3 years later saying you no longer stan BTS have you in EVERY FUCKING THREAD saying the same thing OVER AND OVER like an obsessed ex girlfriend. Annoying AF. And this is why you are a leftover.

omfg grow the fuck up. jesus christ. don't you get tired of searching everything bts and seeing something you don't like and coming and attacking people? You're behavior is atrocious and quite frankly, getting old. I cannot believe the audacity you constantly have on this forum. Stop attacking people. Go touch some damn grass.

WTF is a left over? The only left overs i know is my dinner from last night. The fuck is wrong with you. god damn.

• 3rd gen.

That's when I got into KPOP, I grew up with them, and that's when I stanned the hardest. Buying multiple versions of albums, trying to collect PCs, traveling to different states just to go to their concerts, attempted and failed to stream, attempted and failed in voting, considered hopping a flight to Korea just for a fanmeet/fansign,...you name it.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• 2nd Gen
    the gen I'm started into KPOP

it help also introducing some
    soloist, BG and GG
    I'm not interested

but can casually know them

thanks to better tv program and variety show
    from KBS World and Arirang

back on that era

• Leftovers can be delicious too, you lizard's butthole.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!