What's more lucrative for GG's a big female fanbase or a male fanbase

• I feel like for girl groups in order to have longevity a bigger female fanbase is much more lucrative for them than a male take Red velvet for example they have a bigger female fanbase which lead them to have a much longer career, same thing for Black pink their female fanbase is much bigger than their male one, a gg that has a bigger male fanbase tend to have a shorter life span.

But the pros of having a male fan base is usually these GG's tend to have a much higher peak than girl groups with a female fanbase.

Anyways what do you guys ?

Small not don't judge my thread too much it's 2:14 am where I'm from and my brain is a little bit foggy 🤧

• More fan girls

fan girls generally dont switch up their favs whether its a gg or bg the moment a new one is out

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Typically fangirls.

They tend to be more loyal and spend more money.

Of course there are a lot of big spending loyal fanboys too, but when I think of groups like AOA who lived and died by fanboys,...

There's also a reason that boy groups were selling more then girl groups by the hundred of thousands until recently.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• bp has more female fans but they have also a decent male fanbase as well, the gender ratio has always been balanced since debut that's why they are as successful as they are.

as for RV and twice I do think they also benefit for having a good female fanbase. I would argue that's the reason why they are still doing well ( in some areas) until now if it was only for male fans they wouldn't have survived.

• female fanbases are more loyal and they spend more. if you lockdown a female fanbase, you're set. but if you have a predominantly male fanbase, the second a hot new group comes out, they'll drop you immediately.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i’ve observed that, the older a girl group gets, the more female stans they gain, and the more male stans they lose. women are a much higher demographic of k-pop listeners in general. ideally you’d want a big fanbase of both (obviously), but having a majority female fanbase is sometimes just as good (or better). i don’t think a majority male fanbase is good for any female idol, you just know their time will be short-lived…

• There is absolutely no upside to having a majority of male fans, apart from expanding market share if female fans are a saturated market.

Men generally, as a fan base, are fickle, disloyal, very appearance and youth focused, and generally very temperamental in regards to supporting female groups.

Anytime a GG or group member strays outside a pre-ordained box, it tends to have a negative reaction from a large proportion of males.

• Group gets older - Fans move to younger group
    • Group changes sound or stops certain types of fan service - Fans move to a younger group
    • Group or group member has the temerity to speak up about certain views or opinions, particularly anything that can be construed a pro-feminist - Fans react viciously and derogatory, move to a different group.

Frequent any male-dominated space where they talk about Kpop, and they're free to express their opinion, and it's just almost purely talking about females bodies and appearance (and that's putting it nicely).

Please note I am talking about general trends. There are certainly male fans which are perfectly fine, but as a whole there are certain characteristics of male fanbases of female groups.

• Anytime a GG or group member strays outside a pre-ordained box, it tends to have a negative reaction from a large proportion of males.

Group gets older - Fans move to younger group
    Group changes sound or stops certain types of fan service - Fans move to a younger group
    Group or group member has the temerity to speak up about certain views or opinions, particularly anything that can be construed a pro-feminist - Fans react viciously and derogatory, move to a different group.

agree
    with this as a male fan 😎

but
    don't understimated the male fans
    I notice
    a GG needed also a sizable amount of male fans
    to be a contender

or be national GG of Korea

and I think
    their is some exception
    IZ ONE is the GG with 80% male dominated fanbase with a massive selling power
    their roster lineup
    had multi visuals
    w great song discography
    and vocal talent

definitely one of the best GG
    in both digital and physical

• Totlally agree, it's really sad to see how much AoA fell down when at some point they were dominating the charts

• By the end of their career, I feel like Izone was able to gather a noticeable female fanbase, and that's why the post Izone ggs have a big female following

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!