Idols below 20 promoting luxury brands makes 0 sense

• like sorry, but not a single burberry consumer on earth is checking for some random 14 year old in a kpop group. Why would possibly think that's a good choice? None of her fandom can afford it, nor does she appeal to the Burberry look.

Have her promote Levis or hell even Tommy Hilfiger would suit.

Getting a 14 year old newbie idol in a kpop group known for wearing jeans... to promote a luxury british brand... is random asf and bad marketing.

At least BP for example, are grown ass women who are common consumers of the brand thus make sense to wear the clothing and not look like children wearing their mothers clothes.

Very random.

• why is there an age limit to being a luxurious queen. young people like luxury brands. let my queen slay. she needs her bag. let her get her checks in peace. :pepenomad::pepe-slash:

She doesn't earn any of that, celebs don't get paid to promote a brand, they just occasionally get free clothes to wear where they give back most of the time.

Burberry isn't paying her to wear their clothes, they simply give her an outfit to wear to take some pics. Which is why it makes no sense, since no one genuinely into fashion is checking for rookie underaged idols

• I mean, yeah. They're minors who still have to be under their parents and since more fans are usually teens (like me), we FOR SURE know that our parents are not going to buy us a 3 thousand-dollar dress we're going outgrow in a year. And plus, pedophiles can also try to find the things that they wore and buy them for a high price. They could also buy the clothes that they wear just to get "closer" to them.

I mean I get it, they're popular and luxury brands want that popularity but I don't think with this age and fashion any Gen Z'er is going to buy fancy clothes from like Burberry for thousands of dollars when they worked so hard for it, when they can get ripped jeans that can be bought on shein for like 5 dollars (no hate to shein shoppers. my friend spent 30 dollars worth of things on shein on his birthday. idek there was a men's section). People these days are (somewhat) thrifty while also trying to stay in the trend.

sleep

a

winter

bear

• why is there an age limit to being a luxurious queen. young people like luxury brands. let my queen slay. she needs her bag. let her get her checks in peace. :pepenomad::pepe-slash:

as i said, i'm a young person with countless other young people that go to school with me. we don't really care about brands, we usually care about what's trending on tiktok.

sleep

a

winter

bear

• She doesn't earn any of that, celebs don't get paid to promote a brand, they just occasionally get free clothes to wear where they give back most of the time.

damn, you should take it up with Burberry for their terrible marketing strategy of putting pretty musicians in cool clothes

Also, trust me, no one at that level does modelling for free

• guess what earns you more $$$ than one major brand deal?

Two major brand deals

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• damn, you should take it up with Burberry for their terrible marketing strategy of putting pretty musicians in cool clothes

Also, trust me, no one at that level does modelling for free

What level? She's a rookie???

And if a Hollywood actress herself said that they don't get paid to wear the clothes, and a BP member (if i find the context i'll post it) said that they just get free stuff, not actual money...

What makes you think she's getting paid millions to promote a british luxury brand worn by millionaire 40 year olds?

Kpop stans and their delusions sometimes istg.

It's pretty common knowledge you don't get paid to promote luxury brands. You get paid to do an Advert or campaign, (which she's hasn't done any)

Actual fashion shows, are free.

Your invited, given clothes to wear and then you give back the clothes. Occasionally get gifted a bag or something.

• post sources

• I can see it with luxury brands, in general I feel that idols who are too young knows literally nothing about fashion or luxury brands. Like I doubt people are buying into luxury brands because of that but I could be wrong.

Local brands though, those seem more relatable.

Like I think the best example and one of the most well known one is Wonyoung with Innisfree.

• You are wrong.

The target for luxury brands is Asian markets where youth is highly valued. The younger you are the more you’re loved. You can see it all across Chinese and Korean entertainment.

New Jeans is not trying to appeal to middle aged Americans or Europeans, they’re appealing to the BIGGEST growth opportunities for luxury brands in East Asia.

I assure y’all you are not smarter than these brands that invest a shit tonne in marketing.

• this. Gucci, Prada, LV are borderline street/casual wear for young people in Seoul. It’s not that they’re richer than American youths, it’s that their budget prioritises luxury goods

So brands don’t even need to sell that much product. They just need awareness and relatability with the youth

Then again, who are we to dictate how a massive French brand spends their hard earned cash

• But you are definitely wrong. In asia especially Korea, the luxury brands are targeting the young generation. You actually can see this culture in Tik tok alone. Young people these days even buy it with their own money not their parents.

So, if your parents couldn't afford it then you're not their target audience.

• having luxury brands in certain asian countries (I can only speak for China since I'm Chinese) is a status symbol

keepin up with the joneses if you will and thus being an ambassador of them is very converted

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!