Do you think streaming will ever make physical albums obsolete?

• Seems these days I'm hearing more about streams and song placements on Melon and other charts compared to album sales.

Also win fandoms get mad at other groups or labels they stream to get songs higher up instead of going out and bulk buying.

Like Army and Moa recently streaming their faves songs to push NewJeans back down cause of what Hybe said about they don't need BTS anymore since they got NewJeans now. Fans showed them real damn quick that's a lie since TXT new song instantly destroyed OMG on Melon.

I feel like album sales are becoming obsolete no matter how many copies sold like how nobody cares if you get a billion views anymore on YouTube.

Is it time for kpop to stop releasing physicals and only do streaming?

• but isn't kpop physical market keep getting bigger than ever ??

I mean do people really buy the kpop album for music anymore lol?

It does seem to be getting bigger but that's only cause of photo card fan culture.

Now days if you want to prove your faves are superior you come with streaming stats.

• It does seem to be getting bigger but that's only cause of photo card fan culture.

Now days if you want to prove your faves are superior you come with streaming stats.

we all know that album sales are inflated by PC, and multiple versions but it is still a big achievement.

the reason not many people brag is cause there is a big wall like BTS and BP so it is hard to brag haha.

but if a group breaks those physical sales, they are gonna post it everywhere.

it is the same for youtube views.

• Album sales has since a decade ago more about fandom power than GP popularity. Nothing new. But it is nonetheless a good way to measure the size and power of the core fandom of a group.

Here's a beam of sunshine to brighten up your day ☺

• Girl Groups are selling more albums than ever before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!