[theqoo] Knetz discuss. Will Blackpink renew with YG, betting rumors of 100B won from overseas

• AVvXsEgCrPaLachgTkyFJERqDqTYgcbQ5j5tkm0XJzbXvnu07AxKWFwa4AJw_1TWQYZuAnQZAwFQQopkV3CMC6O0xTt6QCRDMiLVSEdQAEbA9AuX5YBH0GUvXyfz72enZyxPkfmfomdKEELN-0OEJhCAvMjXQEOO-6WNwVUbQL_Dy6j_FHAGWXsPhJ6roqf0=s16000

Will BLACKPINK renew its contract with YG Entertainment? In August of this year, BLACKPINK's exclusive contract with YG Entertainment will come to an end.

On January 19th, NH Investment & Securities predicted BLACKPINK will renew its contract with the label in its analyst report. But according to the new media report by Munhwa Ilbo on January 23rd, it won't be so easy for YG Entertainment as the members are being offered much higher guarantees elsewhere. According to one insider, Lisa is being offered 100 billion KRW to switch labels, which is practically impossible for YG Entertainment to match.

Indeed, BLACKPINK members will not simply move with money if they want to continue using the group name 'BLACKPINK.' But insiders still believe YG Entertainment would have to offer at least 20 billion KRW per member. Some believe YG Entertainment launching Baby Monster is to mitigate the potential failure of closing the renewal deal with BLACKPINK.

Meanwhile, BLACKPINK will wrap up its current world tour this June. This will be two months out from the end of the contract, which is why YG Entertainment might feel anxious.

Naver news translation: Allkpop

original Naver post: https://n.news.naver.com/enter…ng/article/021/0002552868

theqoo post: here

1. I think that they will renew but personally, I wish they'd just advance in the US... YG is just too small for BP..

2. Personally, I don't want them to renew

3. Whether it's YG or another company, I wish they get more releases and hold more concerts in Korea too

4. I feel like their recent album was a bit of a shame considering BP's skills... I feel like it would be good if they went with another company too. I also hate how they release so little albums

5. I feel like they'll continue as a group

6. Of course they will renew

7. They have to renew. There's nothing they will do properly if they went overseas...

8. What will Blackpink even be without Teddy?... I think they'll renew

9. They'll probably renew with YG and move to THEBLACKLABEL later on

10.It's obvious that they'll renew

• Honestly, it's a gamble.

On one hand, fans don't think they are reaching their full potential with YG. On the other hand, BP and the YG brand are synonymous. Without YG, what would BP look like? What would their sound be? What would their look be?

This label who's trying to pouch Lisa, do they have influence, direction, a game plan? If all they have is money, then what does that mean for Lisa? If it's a US label, does that mean K-pop Lisa is dead and she'll focus on the West?

Or, would she just stay with YG for a group contract and have a solo contract else where like other people have done? Yeah, a lot of questions.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• this is the problem with the top end of kpop

the group is easily worth 100M+ contract, but 4 ways and you end up with this

honestly tho, 16 is way to low, any of the 4 girls can sell 1 million albums for a mini, with good digital, let alone the fact they have massive instagram followings + fashion world they have worked into

• atp I'm not sure, tour ends in July and August is the expire date, maybe they won't.?

The tour likely won't end in September

The pinks position won't be announced till after the contract ends

It's normal practice for artists to finish fulfilling their obligations even after the contract ends cause they have already committed to it 😌

I expect official news of their move to TBL immediately after the final concert in Seoul so mid September ish 🤔

• the numbers?

300 million instagram followers, the tour, and album sales is already worth 100+

no.

the tour, the album sales are part of YG collective. - theY* produce the albums, organizes and promotes the tours. the girls perform.

i'll give u instagram if that's their personal account but YG's in there as well.

. no where are they worth anywhere near 100 million, let alone 10 million by themselves.

• You're wild if you don't think these women with their brand deals and album numbers aren't worth 100m.

Completely unremarkable players in the NBA and NFL get 10m+ contracts.

These girls move units, they demonstrably do, and an incredibly large part of the reason they move the units they do is their personal brand.

You can certainly substantiate that the marketing keeps that number consistent, but even right now, I'd expect if any of them left, and released an album, it'd do at least 500k

And 500k for a single individual is well worth more than $10m.

• not comparable to sports athletes and their income - even a no- name nba players make more than most kpop artists- the nba/.. footballers, or other sports teams are already established names who work for teams that own their own stadiums or arenas - they get ad deals, merch and have loyal crowds that watch their games every week or 2x a week - with tickets costing comparable or more than any kpop concert per season.

they play over 80 games a season- every year, are brand sponsored by major retailers - car companies, fashion brands, jewlry, etc, have television deals etc and they dont have to travel across the globe to get their crowd- the travel expenses are usually domestic only unless u count the world cup or olympics or some international matches.

The richest sports are where they fill STADIUMS every week or even 2x a week - the footballs teams , american football teams. maybe even baseball idk.

it's not comparable.

in the entirety of BP's existence, since 2016, they had 3 tours and had.. 97? 98 tour dates - less than 100.. in 7 years. the average nba player plays 560+ games in the span of that same time period - with higher ticket prices ..and ticket sales and each game is SPONSORED by significant companies and they have the television deals, and merch... etc.

what is comparable to sports is how the artists are TRAINED and how much the companies approach their business - but that doesnt mean they both generate the same income.

• luv it

finally someone with right mind said it :)

I will just post recent information about Cristiano Ronaldo contract in Al Nassr

Timeframe Earnings
    Per second

£56

Per minute

£3,366

Per hour

£20,200

Per day

£485k

Per week

£3.4 million

Per month

£14.75 million

Per year

£177 million

ah mind it's in british pounds,

177M british pounds is about 218M USD

• You adding a lot for a comparison point that I wasn't making.

I'm not talking the best of Sports teams, I'm talking the worst, compared to the best of Kpop in terms of earnings.

To suggest a bench warmer for any team brings more value than a superstar in music is baffling. You mention merch and ad deals, someone who's got a 20 million deal with a team, aint got those. They're no on the nike or gatorade ads. They're not the guys pushing the various team Tees.

Your average NBA or NFL rookie does not have the brand deals someone like Lisa does a year.

They're not the ones who get people to buy the tickets to season games or off season games. They're an initial investment who might blow up into something big, but in the actual expression.

No, I don't think somebody like Nasir Adderley provides anywhere comparable value to the Chargers that someone like Lisa does to Blackpink.

I'm not talking Carmellos or something.

• You adding a lot for a comparison point that I wasn't making.

well, yes. cus you left out quite a lot and assumed kpop agencies make equal money to nba teams

I'm not talking the best of Sports teams, I'm talking the worst, compared to the best of Kpop in terms of earnings.

neither am I. the worst team in the nba probably makes more money than all kpop agencies bar Hybe

To suggest a bench warmer for any team brings more value than a superstar in music is baffling. You mention merch and ad deals, someone who's got a 20 million deal with a team, aint got those. They're no on the nike or gatorade ads. They're not the guys pushing the various team Tees.

Your average NBA or NFL rookie does not have the brand deals someone like Lisa does a year.

They're not the ones who get people to buy the tickets to season games or off season games. They're an initial investment who might blow up into something big, but in the actual expression.

Oh, we're not talking about value. we're talking about their income and contract. im just as valuable as any celebrity, but i dont make the same income - big difference.

And if you're baffled why one superstar in one industry can get paid less than a "bench warmer" from another, its' simple - the 2 industries are NOT the same- they dont produce the same income - your average nba benchwarmer gets paid more than your superstar ballerina. - i just googled the "average" nba player's salary in 2021/22 and it was around 9.6 million dollars. The superstar Ballerina, the HIGHEST paid ballerina ,Sylvie Guillem makes $850,000 + per year. but Kpop superstars make more than ballerina superstars. Where's your outrage over the ballerinas?

also we dont know the details of Lisa's brand deals - but we do know she's not getting anywhere near lebron or cristiano money - even though we all know she should be.

No, I don't think somebody like Nasir Adderley provides anywhere comparable value to the Chargers that someone like Lisa does to Blackpink.

I'm not talking Carmellos or something.

again, we're not talking about value. we're talking about income. in 2021 YG made NO profit, and lost over 7 million dollars. if Lisa wants more money then she should go else where, YG is tapped out, they cant afford any of these contracts - nor can any kpop agency , really.

and again, it's not comparable to sports - athletes just need to show up and play - and if they play hard and win some games, the crowd isnt going any where - even the losing teams in sports gets money from the NBA, and have loyal fans, where it's become a tradition to support the teams for nearly 100 yrs.

Musical acts and musicians need to generate interest in them, have tours, sell albums, create an MV that garners the public interest, be aware of their public image.. constantly. And even if they do everything right, it's not a given that their albums or tours will be successful - even if you're the biggest star on the planet, there are constant antis stirring up trouble and competition from the other trendy groups etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!