GGs competition ft BP

• Since 2022, the GG scene has exploded with the arrival of ive & aespa breaking BP TA record & now in 2023 NJ is currently gaining more daily streams than BP on Spotify/Apple music & with them expected to put out atleast one more EP or debut album later this year, they're currently in good standing

Aespa & Ive upcoming albums might very well match or break born pink record sales of 2.6M 👀

Twice is about to make a CB with a single/album so they will set new records on billboard 200 👀

This is all happening not cause BP has lost steam, it's happening due to YG negligence & fuckery 💀

BP can not only set new records as but widen the gap massively with a properly promoted single/album or EP this year

However if BP don't release new music or YG gives us another half-assed era, they will only have touring & festivals attendance to fall back on by end of 2023 🚶

It's both suprising & not surprising that 4th gen GGs are performing very well on a global level after all BTS/BP have made K-pop a global genre 😌

• This that pink Record , this that pink venom

This that pink Record (get 'em, get 'em, get 'em)

Straight to Billboard like whoa-whoa-whoa

Straight to you tube like ah-ah-ah

• This that pink Record , this that pink venom

This that pink Record (get 'em, get 'em, get 'em)

Straight to Billboard like whoa-whoa-whoa

Straight to you tube like ah-ah-ah

bacckk pain, baaackk pain

kicking the door, floppin on the floor

one by one my back cracks

two by two calcium is what i lack

• Why do u care if Bp doesn't care? Afterall it's Bp's career not yours

Like I keep talking about BTS solos not getting proper playlisting but it's clearly something BTS should be worried about more than me

If they don't care, why should fans worry too much about it? If they care, they will negotiate with their label

• The earliest they could comeback is mid to late July, considering that the currently last leg of BornPink ends in the first half of june. April is fully booked with Coachella and Tokyo Dome, may is free in the beggining and in the end, but it feels too packed considering they still have 4 concerts. But since Hyde Park is in early july and more concerts are likely to be announced, its 50/50.

Jisoo is likely releasing at early march at this point, after the Riyadh concert there is the french ball on wednesday then the Abu Dhabi concert on saturday, so her mv filming is going to be early february. 2 weeks of teasers lands you at the 24th or the 3rd, and knowing yg, its completely rational to think that they will want to pull out the first performance in their biggest stadium concert.

• u are setting all this record on bp

"the record bp set that other ggs will have to break"

bp will cmb then break them again but they will wait bc jisoo solo will break soloist records first

we don`t know if Jisoo can break solo records cos Yg NEVER RELEASED Lisa`s actual numbers of sales

and that is still :cursing: me

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I read aespa albums are cheap compared to bp. Is it true?

So won't be surprised if they set records but thing is bp excel at countless metrics. Not just pure sales. Their album equivalent sales are massive. And let's not start about their touring numbers.

Like I keep talking about BTS solos not getting proper playlisting but it's clearly something BTS should be worried about more than me

If they don't care, why should fans worry too much about it? If they care, they will negotiate with their label

Why is it allways fans from top groups complain about playlisting? I never see minimani fans complain about their faves not getin playlistings even tho their faves could need them a lot more than BTS or bp.

And why should BTS be worried? I think they do well.

• ;judgingpepe: I like how u ain’t toxic abt other girl groups success but seriously hardy u for real be bp biggest anti

What fan predicts groups breaking their favs records

💀

I'm perpetually shading YG/teddy tho lol

The pinks will surely love to put out more music no doubt about that

BP has been & is still at a stage where literally the only thing holding them back from world domination is their lack of music

Born Pink could have been so much more but yg clearly only wanted to use it as a vehicle for the world tour

How do you know BP don't care tho?

• The earliest they could comeback is mid to late July, considering that the currently last leg of BornPink ends in the first half of june. April is fully booked with Coachella and Tokyo Dome, may is free in the beggining and in the end, but it feels too packed considering they still have 4 concerts. But since Hyde Park is in early july and more concerts are likely to be announced, its 50/50.

Jisoo is likely releasing at early march at this point, after the Riyadh concert there is the french ball on wednesday then the Abu Dhabi concert on saturday, so her mv filming is going to be early february. 2 weeks of teasers lands you at the 24th or the 3rd, and knowing yg, its completely rational to think that they will want to pull out the first performance in their biggest stadium concert.

April 14 is also possible but that's wishful thinking 🚶

July 14th is my prediction for new EP right before the extension tour begins end of July at Bangkok 😌

Jisoo solo Feb 17 or 24

• BP records shouldn't be broken lol

Atleast not by every GG, look at BTS none of their records will be matched/broken except by BP during their enlistment era

Not that u care but here it goes, every record by bp will be broken by 4th gen.

If red velvet and itzy can hit 1 million, then it's only a matter of time ive/aespa/newjeans hit 3 million preorders with inflated sales.

Spotify will be broken too. It's a growing platform and miley cyrus has just broken all time record is proof of that. global kpop fans are already moving there

Korean charts. they are already being broken as we speak.

We only have youtube left but that's an old platform.

Does anyone care now that katy perry has billions of views on youtube? no right.

Blackpink has definetely hit their peak on youtube with pink venom and album sales peak with born pink. But the good thing is the ball is in blackpink's court now and it's not over yet digitally. If they don't release an album soon, they will stop being called the no.1 gg in under a year. They can either become the female version of bigbang or be forgotten like snsd. It's their choice now whether they want to stop all activity or continue to release.

• April 14 is also possible but that's wishful thinking 🚶

July 14th is my prediction for new EP right before the extension tour begins end of July at Bangkok 😌

Jisoo solo Feb 17 or 24

The only possibility for an April 14th release would be an scrapped collab of BornPink done ina digital single that they could also use to bring on the featuring to the Coachella stage and ride the hype. But that is an strategy way too big for interscope or yg to think/do.

July 14th is a good date, but it better be good promoted, multiple stages in domestic and international tv alogn with radio appearances and at least multiple big interviews.

Feb 17 is way too early considering the mv filming and how Jisoo schedules ends on Jan 28th

• BP haven't peaked physically or digitally at all

They can & will pull 3M/4M pre-orders in the future

They can & will have a 1B streamed song (like within a year not 4 years later lol)

They can have a #1 hit in the US/UK & Canada

They can still milestones faster on YT & all streaming platforms

Not sure about Korea but they never left BP anyways

Their touring stats will be untouchable till their next tour sets new records in 2025

The only way BP will lose their #1 position is if they disband after August 2023 😌

• The only possibility for an April 14th release would be an scrapped collab of BornPink done ina digital single that they could also use to bring on the featuring to the Coachella stage and ride the hype. But that is an strategy way too big for interscope or yg to think/do.

July 14th is a good date, but it better be good promoted, multiple stages in domestic and international tv alogn with radio appearances and at least multiple big interviews.

Feb 17 is way too early considering the mv filming and how Jisoo schedules ends on Jan 28th

Yeah I'm hoping they will release an eng Collab single, it will be very helpful for Coachella/Hyde park & will ride the whole hype wave 😌

It also means we get 2 singles in 2023 since the July EP for example will come with another single 👀

Naur Feb 17 is very much possible & likely

• I think bp has peaked physically not because they can't hit 3m preorders(they might) but because i don't see them doing a full album anytime soon. I have seen article from yg saying that blackpink will be the first gg to sell 3 million with bornpink when it has barely hit 2.6 million. That's a giveaway imo that a third album is not in any immediate plans.

They will have 1B streamed song with How you like that in 2 years anyway. But do you think new jeans/ive won't have one or two? lol.

YT, i'm sure about it today more than ever because twice experienced a decrease too. If my assumption is correct, their spotify will be better than before. We are seeing a change that's all. It's not really a bad thing.

So yeah, only their yt and touring stats will be untouchable.

• You're wrong lol

They will release an EP this summer & it'll record over 3M in pre-orders possibly 3.5M 😌

Just wait for their English singles, if they flop then we can say BP has peaked lol

BP is not disbanding lol

• They will have 1B streamed song with How you like that in 2 years anyway. But do you think new jeans/ive won't have one or two? lol.

1b in Spotify ain't that easy, not even the fact that it still a growing platform could make it easier, so I wouldn't count on the rookie ggs getting 1 or 2 that fast.

The biggest songs there still around 2b and those are worldwide smash hits with major longevity like DSN or SoY, and those are english songs that were heavily promoted for long years, not like kpop songs that are promoted for like a month at most and then ditched for the next release or the next group.

• We deserve 2 this year!!! 🚶

Let's just be happy with at least one. :pepe-hehe:

I just find it odd that the group that people would think was the most obvious group to release an English track that was properly promoted in the west has zero. And no, I don't consider Ice Cream that song. That was a collab song that was sandwiched between two singles with no promotion. To nobody's fault. But still.

I want a banger of a track with the girls actually promoting it as the only single with no other distractions. Just do it already, Teddy, you coward. :pepe-cut:

• ofc they are not disbanding. Idk about EP this summer but I'm being a clown thinking there is a surprise in February. A big one. Born pink era officially ends in Feb 10 with vinyl release from interscope. Plus i don't think jisoo is ready for solo because she's still in beginning stages and yg is not the type to rush releases like that. no mv filmed means physical album production is also far from complete which takes time along with recording of album which was reported to be not completed yet. Idk we will see. I think she will be ready to unveil it in coachella and do some korean promo using coachella experience because i just think it'd be weird for jisoo to just release a solo and dip like lisa. There is gap between april 22 and may 13 which could be exploited. We'll see we'll see just thinking a lot about the schedule.

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!