I swear kpop lipsync is making me doubt my own ears

• It's getting harder to distinguish proper live and prerecorded vocals with breath sounds and other fake stuff to make it believable

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

please for the love of god tell me this is live ... It has to be right? :pepe-shame:

• Go to Best Answer
  • well, head mics are crap and are usally a dead giveaway its not live if it sounds somewhat good

edit: listening to it and not having heard the original, it sounds like it could be live for the most part? it has that low fidelity murky quality you get from headset mics

Edited once, last by Kreatin ().

• To me it sounds live. Their voices waver a little as they dance, they don't sing every line with same strength, there's slight breathlessness that actually matches their movements and becomes more noticeable towards the end of the performance etc.

If this isn't mostly live, it's an exceptionally convincing prerecording and others should take note. ^^

• Yeah, this is mostly live. They’re singing with a backing track, obv, but it’s mostly pretty obvious where they’re live. There seems it’s only the odd phrase they weren’t trying to make their live vocals stand out.

For some reason, it seems like the live vocals don't kick in until mark 0:50. I'm not sure if they were having mic issues or what, but like the first 3 lines sung were not live, but then from that point on, almost all of it was.

Weird.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• If it sounds too good to be true it's probably not true

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's the best actual live vocal performance I heard this year. I consider this to be a 10/10, disturbing inhuman stuff, especially Bora. If something sounds close to this or better than this in MR removed I'm always going to be suspicious. It's hard to even find performances without prerecorded vocal track for many groups, some have literally zero.

There are many examples of groups that get praised for live singing but almost always have a prerecorded live vocal track so you can't even get a real MR removed (as it only works if the backtrack is the official audio).

Here's what actual live singing sounds like from an above average group, Rocket Punch is not the worst and not the best but at least they dare to perform a hard song without prerecord. The sad part a lot of people would consider this bad because they're used to hearing prerecorded vocal performances that can be up to 80-90% lipsync but still sound kinda live and have some clear moments that prove the mics are on.

• it's actually pretty easy to see this is live. there are some shouty parts, airy parts and a few that are a bit off-key which should give it away. it has pre-recorded vocals of course but they don't overshadow the live vocals which happens with most groups

out of service

• Best Answer

Aside from the obvious parts where it isn't I think it's live, but either the mic feed or post-processing was bad.

Just to vent on the general state of K-pop but recent music show performances have so much lip-sync and post-processing for the vocals it's insane. They even do processing for some encores too. For someone who's watching for the singing, it makes the performances boring because they are all basically the same.

Even YouTube channel that advertise "live" vocals performances are heavily edited. At least on Sketchbook and most pre-2014 performances you can clearly tell apart the live vocals and backtrack (if there is any)

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

• I had to deep dive some Dreamcatcher MR removeds and live singing clips and maybe I underestimated them, this is probably more live than I thought it was, they do seem very good at live. Something is still really weird about this performance, usually you'd hear overlapping vocals a bit more. It's a hard one to dissect because some parts are just too perfect but also don't seem like lipsync at the same time :melon_think:

• Orsy

Selected a post as the best answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!