which girl group consider as a MID-TIER GROUP for 4th gen ?

• Here is my list

• High tier : NMIXX, Le Sserafim (arguable), Kep1er

NMIXX's Entwurf sold 562,000 copies and Kep1er's Troubleshooter sold 267,400. In comparison, LSFM's Antifragile has sold 754,000 and Antifragile peaked at #2 on Melon (currently #5) (and Fearless is STILL charting at #42 right now) while Nmixx's Dice peaked at #50 and Kep1er's We Fresh debuted at #531 Melon Daily and, as far as I can tell, never actually charted. The gaps between these groups are waaay too large to clump them into the same tier.

Personally I would drop ITZY from Top Tier to High Tier because Top Tier is usually reserved for groups that have high end levels in both charting AND sales. ITZY's Cheshire's debut and peak was #92 and it quickly fell off from there to #143 in just a month. I just honestly would not consider a group to be Top Tier with THIS bad of a digital performance. People like to bring up Sneakers for defense but that song also only has 76,000 Melon Likes. I don't really consider any song a decent hit unless it has at least 100,000 Like. Nobody considers Fearless a hit and even that has 96,000 Melon Likes.

I would also put Le Sserafim on the border of Top Tier and High Tier (so upper High Tier is fine), and Nmixx on the border of High Tier and Mid Tier since their charting is basically Mid Tier so far (end of High Tier is fine). I would definitely drop Kep1er to Mid Tier.

• NMIXX's Entwurf sold 562,000 copies and Kep1er's Troubleshooter sold 267,400. In comparison, LSFM's Antifragile has sold 754,000 and Antifragile peaked at #2 on Melon (currently #5) (and Fearless is STILL charting at #42 right now) while Nmixx's Dice peaked at #50 and Kep1er's We Fresh debuted at #531 Melon Daily and, as far as I can tell, never actually charted. The gaps between these groups are waaay too large to clump them into the same tier.

Personally I would drop ITZY from Top Tier to High Tier because Top Tier is usually reserved for groups that have high end levels in both charting AND sales. ITZY's Cheshire's debut and peak was #92 and it quickly fell off from there to #143 in just a month. I just honestly would not consider a group to be Top Tier with THIS bad of a digital performance. People like to bring up Sneakers for defense but that song also only has 76,000 Melon Likes. I don't really consider any song a decent hit unless it has at least 100,000 Like. Nobody considers Fearless a hit and even that has 96,000 Melon Likes.

I would also put Le Sserafim on the border of Top Tier and High Tier (so upper High Tier is fine), and Nmixx on the border of High Tier and Mid Tier since their charting is basically Mid Tier so far (end of High Tier is fine). I would definitely drop Kep1er to Mid Tier.

Tbf you could argue that Itzy is top 3 outside of Korea with media engagements and presence. I think it still needs to be accounted, especially with where kpop is going right now.

Kepler should be mid tier, I brain farted.

• Tbf you could argue that Itzy is top 3 outside of Korea with media engagements and presence. I think it still needs to be accounted, especially with where kpop is going right now.

Kepler should be mid tier, I brain farted.

These kpop tier lists have historically usually been based on Sales and Korean charting so I've been usually just sticking with that (although I dont mind if the discussion switches over to Global Spotify charting someday). Using media engagement as a basis is a tricky affair. For example: what media should be used? Like if you only use something like Twitter engagements, then you only specifically paint a picture of how popular a group is with US teenagers. Twitter isn't equally popular globally, and a lot of older people intentionally steer clear of it's drama.

You would need a way to quantify ALL media platforms together (Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc) and there's just no way to easily do that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!