Is the 4th generation ruled by girl groups?

• I have the feeling that the girl groups are much more present than the boy groups.

Of course, there are many incredible boygroups, such as...

Enhypen, TXT, Treasure, Ateez, The Boyz

Stray Kids (? are they 3th or 4th generation?)

but then when I think about girlgroups, the feeling doesn't leave me that the girl groups have already made a much bigger name for themselves.

Aespa, G-Idle, IVE, Itzy, Kep1er, Everglow, Loona, StayC, Weekly, Purple Kiss.

And I'm not just necessarily talking about sales, but also about popularity, charter succession etc.

So my question is: Is the 4th generation ruled by girlgroups?

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• yes its pretty apparent,

gg stans likely to check out and listen other gg even one is competitor to their faves, they are more open

bg stans are very loyal they just stick with their faves, that's why bgs have hard time going beyond their fanbase as other bg stans won't check them out cus they think they r threat to their faves, and gg stans won't check them out cus majority of theme hate men

and people outside kpop prefers ggs better cus they think bgs are gay

• I think every gen boygroups are getting more fandom based (they were before, but key word is "more") and getting less attention from casual fans. So overall even if they sell more, it's harder to feel their popularity, see a lot of expectations for their comeback (fans will ever be excited, I'm talking about kpop comunity as a whole) and things like this.

GGs steped up their sales game and are getting hits, tbh I would never imagine we would have so many ggs selling more than 300k. I agree 4th gen is ruled by ggs so far.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because bgs are very musically boring. Its the same "hard hitting", "badass", and "leather straps" concept and it's all very loud to the ears. The bgs that do make listenable music are nugu or extremely hated on because kpop stans have proven time and time again that they hate good music :pepe-shrug:

Yes, nugu bgs have some gems. Everytime there's kpop fans "oh, all bgs always do the same music", "girl crush is boring, I want cute concepts" and things like this, I'm like: well, if everyone pays attention only to popular acts, how another concept will become trendy?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I barely listen any BG, but the they’re doing badass, try hard concept is false. Look at TXT and Enhypen they don’t make noise music and are standing out but the GP still said no.

Let’s not act some GG released questionable songs and they’re still smashed.

But I’ve hard time to connect with BG even with shitty songs some GG have the charisma to pull their concept. So idk.

• girl groups are more talked about cos is easier to shade on BlackPink, number 1 gg right now, with no come back in 2 years and no group activities, all gg fans from 4 gen come and say this group or that group is the new BP :rolleyes:

But no 4 gen Boy group fan would be that stupid to dare say that this group or that group is the next BTS cos

:pepe-laser-eyes::pepe-laser-eyes::pepe-laser-eyes::pepe-laser-eyes::pepe-pitchfork::pepe-pitchfork::pepe-pitchfork::pepe-pitchfork::pepe-firing::pepe-firing::pepe-firing:  :pepe-firing::pepe-slash::pepe-slash::pepe-slash:armys are scary

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Because bgs are very musically boring. Its the same "hard hitting", "badass", and "leather straps" concept and it's all very loud to the ears. The bgs that do make listenable music are nugu or extremely hated on because kpop stans have proven time and time again that they hate good music :pepe-shrug:

leather straps :smirks2::smirks2::smirks2: that is soooo true

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• So overall even if they sell more, it's harder to feel their popularity, see a lot of expectations for their comeback (fans will ever be excited, I'm talking about kpop comunity as a whole) and things like this.

That's an interesting point. Like taking second gen groups, you felt their popularity. Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry" dance was everywhere; general public emulated G-Dragon's style; TVXQ were household names.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Please check out DKZ if you are all tired of the dark sexy im baddass BG concepts

:pepe-pray::pepe-pray::pepe-pray:

Have your daily happiness vitamin

• the list of top 4th gen bgs vs top 4th gen ggs should be

stray kids, txt, enhypen, ateez, treasure

vs

gidle/aespa, ive, stayc, itzy, nmixx, kep1er

(yes, in that order)

txt and enhypen are on the verge of a korean gp break through so we'll have to see how their next cbs fair. but all in all we already know korea just like girl groups more. internationally the boy groups are much more celebrated in ifan communities, with aespa being up there too. the right combo of hit song viral member would do wonders for most of the bgs. treasure, enhypen, and txt all have had semi viral moments on tik tok. they're all very close

who's your favorite artist?

• as someone who stans stray kids, enhypen, txt, and a frequent listener of tbz and ateez, i feel like its hard to say that girl groups are ruling, but rn i def do have my attention on more girl groups, and aside from top boy groups im not listening to a lot.

• HAHA. Why would you question if Stray Kids is 4G if you don't question The Boyz being in 4G yet they debuted before Stray Kids.

But on topic. It's just people on this forum that are being more present for their GG favs than the boy groups. 4G BG are doing very well and gaining traction all the time at about the same rate as the GG's. It is just that people on this forum like fan wars more than they actually like their favs.

• well not according to the ministry of culture. BGs have more impact globally and to the SK economy. Talent and taste are subjective but impact is measurable. No GP or casual fans will buy anything related to certain grps they just casually listen but loyal fans will almost buy everything they can afford— from food they eat to clothes they wear in practice session in addition to albums & merchs. Bigger fb also means more successful concerts. And they also hv higher engagements & followers in social media so it means higher possibility to trend and make more people curious abt kpop , kbeauty etc, kproducts etc. So if u look at the bigger picture, they are MORE relevant. I used the word “ MORE” coz both contribute to kpop industry and usually have different market anyways.

• well not according to the ministry of culture. BGs have more impact globally and to the SK economy. Talent and taste are subjective but impact is measurable. No GP or casual fans will buy anything related to certain grps they just casually listen but loyal fans will almost buy everything they can afford— from food they eat to clothes they wear in practice session in addition to albums & merchs. Bigger fb also means more successful concerts. And they also hv higher engagements & followers in social media so it means higher possibility to trend and make more people curious abt kpop , kbeauty etc, kproducts etc. So if u look at the bigger picture, they are MORE relevant. I used the word “ MORE” coz both contribute to kpop industry and usually have different market anyways.

lol thats no true, is a reason why GGs have more CFs, ggs are selling too and a lot, which is why companies want them to represent them and i also disagree that bgs have more impact globally, ggs are doing pretty well globally too, even better in some ways them

Also lets remember that we are not in 2nd gen, GGs can sell concerts as much as BGs.

• lol thats no true, is a reason why GGs have more CFs, ggs are selling too and a lot, which is why companies want them to represent them and i also disagree that bgs have more impact globally, ggs are doing pretty well globally too, even better in some ways them

Also lets remember that we are not in 2nd gen, GGs can sell concerts as much as BGs.

bgs have more followers, trend more, sell more globally. bigger fandom, bigger opportunity for concerts. cfs are only relevant in korea but boygroups also have product endorsements from different countries-Enhypen has Abib from SK, AMI from France & Nike in Japan. SKZ has product endorsement from SEA country. For example, in ministry of culture reseach “ Abib” k beauty products are one of the most searched or u knw hv relevant bubbles under kbeauty branching out fr enhypen. Enhypen even has bigger bubble than aespa under kpop category for impact. i never said ggs dont hv fans, bgs simply hv bigger fandom- check the followers & social engagements in all platforms. Also, it’s no longer 2010 or early 2000 that rely too much in digital streaming. Physical sales are on the rise even for ggs. Globalization is the future! Being popular in SK is just one of tools for success or relevancy & ministry of culture deep research abt impact of kpop globally in SK proves that. U can see several bgs in that. If it’s Korean GP driven, u will not see a single 4th gen bgs on that! 😂

BTS and BP success are not because of Korean GP, it’s because they have the biggest & most dedicated fandom in Kpop industry. Being supported by GP are just cherry on top.

• As a third gen stan I‘m very sad to admit that 4th gen groups really do not attract me to be a casual listener.

I don’t even know what the reason exactly is. Some people have pointed out a lack of versatility which I also noticed but I also find boy group members to be kind of robotic and identical.

There are very few boy group members in my opinion that stay in your mind as opposed to girl groups who are full of incredibly charismatic girls.

• yes its pretty apparent,

gg stans likely to check out and listen other gg even one is competitor to their faves, they are more open

bg stans are very loyal they just stick with their faves, that's why bgs have hard time going beyond their fanbase as other bg stans won't check them out cus they think they r threat to their faves, and gg stans won't check them out cus majority of theme hate men

and people outside kpop prefers ggs better cus they think bgs are gay

But there is another side to that too.

Yes, more people listen to GGs casually, I would say. My fave group is a BG, but even I listen to more GGs than BGs.

However, that means a group can easily lose relevance and support again, if they mostly rely on casual fans. We talked about it in another thread yesterday. Like Everglow's star that sparkled so brightly (almost exclusively by casual interest) and now they seem to have lost interest quickly and they can't rely on a big fandom that sticks with them.

• Theres not much difference from second and third gen. Girl groups are as always more dominant in the public and boygroups have the more hardcore fandoms that actually spends money.

The only difference is that the second and third gen had/have bigbang and bts as the exception to the rule, whereas the fourth gen has no equivalent in a boygroup as of yet.

In the end the bgs still rake in more money on merch, albums and concerts and is likely to have a longer career (as a group)

• Here's how things compare with regard to music show wins for the Fourth Generation:

Boy Groups: 63 wins (28.00%)

Girl Groups: 153 wins (68.00%)

Female Soloists: 4 wins (1.78%)

Male Soloists: 5 wins (2.22%)

TOTAL: 225 wins

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!