do u think idols get a pay cut when they get into scandals

• I doubt it, you don't get a pay cut if you did something wrong at work, you either lose your job or they just brush it off, pretty much what happens in kpop.

Plus how does one even determine the amount of cut to do in a scandal. Is it temporary, is it permanent? Is the cut based on how big of an effect the scandal has on the group? Is there a formula to figure this out? It's very complicated lol

• Is there a formula to figure this out? It's very complicated lol

If there are a formula to calculate that, it means that the company are hoping or expecting that a scandal would happen.

Which is weird.

Unless that company can manipulate that scandal into their favor later on

The normal thing to do is preventing a scandal, so it would never happened in the first place.

But you know, maybe you also could count a pay cut for a scandal as a fine for damage done to the company. So the artist should pay either with their own money or deducted from their paycheck or something

• Yea, given how short lived groups are, it is in the companies best interest to prevent any scandals in the first place. The "fine" would be miniscule compared to the potential loss if any momentum is loss from the group.

The only time I see a company wanting a scandal is for small groups and the scandal could boost their popularity and put them in front of the people.

• I don't know in Kpop, but I've seen it a few times in Jpop. For example, when his contract was canceled after he secretly got married without informing company, Akanishi Jin had to pay Johnnys all the expenses of the tour that was planned but was canceled.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• i don't think so since idols work to a different contract where they get a part of their profit, they aren't normal workers with a montly fee, depends how big the scandal is, the company can end the contract if they want or if they badly want to punish them, they could as well not give them work (which happen at times when there is a big scandal)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!