K-pop things everyone should leave in 2022

• 1. Experimental shit that exists for the sake of being experimental

I'm not talking about NCT here. There's a difference between good and bad experimental. I know you guys know what I'm talking about too.

2. Unexpected disbandments

Need I say more?

3. Companies kicking a member out before performing due diligence

Rest in Garams.

4. Copycat groups

Just because it worked with one group doesn't mean it'll work for all of them. Yes this is shade.

5. The notion that BTS or Blackpink are done and finished

So annoying.

6. Hating groups or group members for the sake of hating on them without even trying the music

I used to be a WY hater and refused to listen to their music, I heard Love Dive like 5 months after its release and it transformed me into a Dive. If you pulled your head out of your arse you would realize that most of the time you're hating you're just missing out on great music. Admit your faults and appreciate art because it's never that deep.

7. Calling people company stans when they're so clearly not

There's a particular company I see getting thrown around a lot. What I don't think people understand is some of the groups they put out are so unique that people would stan them regardless, let's not be dense here. Sure company stans exist, but the insult itself is becoming so dated.

8. The debuting of minors in groups

While I have transformed into a Tokki (part in due to finding out one of them is a Twiglet), it is alarming how the debut age is getting younger and younger. Jesus christ.

9. The lack of solo debuts as an artist from a girl group

Does anyone remember Luna, Hyomin, Minah, Fei, Suzy, Tiffany, Seohyun, JiYeon, Hyolyn, etc? Why is this not a thing anymore, please bring it back.

10. Big 3 (arguably 4) companies giving mid comeback songs to their groups just because they're big and know people will eat it up

I have seen some veteran (and newer) groups receive what I consider to be their worst title tracks of all time this year. People are ignoring it but I see it!

11. The changing of album covers

This is small but so bothersome to me. They looked fine as is!

12. The overpricing of vinyl

I think maybe only YG decently prices whatever vinyls they sell. I don't collect, nor do I usually care that much, but it's bothersome the way SM prices their shit. The value the most ordinary pressings at $60 when they're worth much less in the USA. Taeyeon's "INVU" taking a little less than a year to press after the pre-order, only for it to go for $300 on Discogs is a fucking travesty. Of course some random asshole will actually buy it for that much and hike up the price beyond belief. Oh and while we're on this topic...

13. SM being picky-choosey

Why no Seulgi vinyl after doing it with Wendy and Joy? Why only certain artists? Why do I feel like they're fine with handing out some shit title tracks to girl groups who deserve better and have had much better title tracks in the past? Why so picky choosey?

14. The absence of solid lower to mid tier girl groups

I know that we have Billlie, fromis_9, and my queens StayC now (among Everglow, Pixy, etc.), but does anyone remember how life was pre-2017(?). There used to be a solid gaggle of lower to mid tier girl groups you could rely on to satisfy your kpop needs while waiting for your faves to come back. Rainbow, Secret, AOA, Lovelyz, WJSN, Stellar, Mamamoo, Sonamoo... WHERE?! I miss the oversaturation bc now it's just unbearable during a drought.

• Go to Best Answer
  • I agree with most of them but not number 1

What fans call experimental, isnt really experimental really anymore.

With actual experimental music, there is a risk. Bc its new you would have no clue if its actually good or bad. Test of time will tell.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Best Answer

In my opinion this also needs the people who feel the "need" to point out that they only listen to one gender and than point this out for other users by saying stuff like "arn't you a girlgroup stan?" for example wich is so annoying

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Don't use Discogs as a reflection on what SM charges for vinyl; the people who sell on Discogs are flippers who expect a good-to-obscene return on their purchases from SM.

As far as your #9 and bonus entries, I'm here for both of those. The Kpop industry should work to develop soloists who aren't connected to groups and, therefore, don't die off when their groups disband.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!