Will KPop concerts resume in 2022?

• Will KPop international concerts resume in 2022? 17

1. Yes (10) 59%
    2. No (7) 41%

The last time a singer in KPop visited a foreign country appears to be Lee Jieun visiting Milan for a Gucci fashion show, in Feb 2020

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

after that, non-Korean figures of KPop such as Miyawaki Sakura went to Japan and returned, but I am not aware of a Korean Kpop figure leaving Korea and returning, since if that is done one has to be quarantined for 14 days.

People like Billy Joel are going to resume concerts in 2022.

BTS , which had to cancel its concerts in 2020, will probably do huge concerts next year if the K-O-R-E-A-N government does not throw shit to it, but it is always the K-O-R-E-A-N opinion which spoils everything in KPop.

Others would be yearning to do big tours too.

But the K-O-R-E-A-N fans demand they should not leave Korea before they do a concert in there , which precludes the possibility of big tours because the K-O-R-E-A-N govt agencies are slow approving concert schedules.

I thought that Mr. Bang could have shipped the BTS members to USA before travel restrictions began, and keep them in USA and do tours after the worst crisis was over, and make a lot more money, Korea to be damned. Yabuki Nako did not return to Japan for 18 months and although it bothered her later she endured it when she was making dough; BTS not returning to Korea for about 2 years would not have been the end of the year.

Granted, it will be hard for the Kpop figures to go around country to country, but Twice focuses on Japan and it would be no trouble for them to stay in there for a while, et cetera.

What do you think?

• Unlikely. Sure they can but imagine the risk, what if that concert became a super spreader event. Labels won't risk it, is what I guess.

2023 is my earliest guess. If it's on 2022 then it won't be that big of a concert.

• Unlikely. Sure they can but imagine the risk, what if that concert became a super spreader event. Labels won't risk it, is what I guess.

2023 is my earliest guess. If it's on 2022 then it won't be that big of a concert.

Few who attended this football event wore masks in this packed stadium

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only in Korea they have knee jerk reactions

• I think in the second half of 2022, yes. As long as we don't have a bad surprise with a variant or something, people should be sufficiently vaccinated in Korea for concert to resume.

Not sure about touring outside of Korea for now though. Some parts of the world are still knocked out by COVID.

• Few who attended this football event wore masks in this packed stadium

Only in Korea they have knee jerk reactions

Have you seen what the covid numbers are doing here in the US?

In my state, we had dropped down to <200 new daily cases, and in the last 3 months have climbed back up to nearly 10,000. That's each day.

There are other states who have run out of ICU beds or medical staff to handle covid patients.

This is what happens when barely half the population is vaccinated and people stop wearing masks.

• Yeah I don't like OP's tone about it. I get that we all want touring to resume, but COVID restrictions are a thing for a reason ffs. Millions people died of COVID world-wide, I think a knee-jerk reaction is warranted.

• Yeah I don't like OP's tone about it. I get that we all want touring to resume, but COVID restrictions are a thing for a reason ffs. Millions people died of COVID world-wide, I think a knee-jerk reaction is warranted.

In Korea only idols are restricted, while the trottists , who deal with older population who are supposed to be more vulnerable, have no trouble having concerts. They are refraining for now, but will be the first to have concerts before the idols

Which is why I don't like what K-O-R-E-A is doing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!