Breaking news: Soojin personally meet with victim and her older sister

• (G)I-DLE’s Soojin is reported to have personally met with her alleged school bullying victim.

According to reports, Soojin and the alleged victim spoke for about an hour on March 11 KST. The alleged victim stated Soojin claimed not to remember what happened during their school days, and when the alleged victim explained what happened, the (G)I-DLE member continued to deny she was ever a perpetrator.

The alleged victim expressed she was frustrated and asked, "If you're going to be like this, why did you ask to meet?" Her sister also shared the alleged victim worked up a lot of courage to meet with Soojin, but nothing came substantive came from the meeting.

In other news, Soojin is taking a hiatus following her bullying allegations.

source:

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…h-alleged-bullying-victim

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• no one wants to back down I guess.

this just makes it look worse

Oh my...

when I read article I was like

oh god if this go to pann, theqoo, etc. then Soojin is doomed

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i don't think anyone's career should end because of school bullying, as long as it is not something severe like a lasting emotional/mental trauma, physical assault or sexual harassment. but i also don't think it's up to the perpetrator to decide whether what they did was bullying or not, it is up to the victim to decide whether they were bullied or not. so out of decency i don't know why it is difficult to just apologise and make ammends to someone who was hurt by your actions or words even if unintentionally? let alone the fact it risks losing your career over it, is it really worth it?

• Again, we only have one side of the story I guess. Still, it doesn't help. Is the victim's side so unreasonable that it's impossible to give them what they want? I feel like they should be apologized to just for the sake of defusing the situation. Unless they're looking for an unequivocal admission of guilt, not an apology. Which is how they sound like honestly. If so, and if Soojin legitimately doesn't remember or didn't do what she's blamed for, I can understand why the discussion didn't go anwhere. Either way it's a mess.

• but i also don't think it's up to the perpetrator to decide whether what they did was bullying or not, it is up to the victim to decide whether they were bullied or not.

Eh, not really. The victim is just as biased as the perpetrator. In a court of law, it's not the victim who judge their own case. It would be the rule of the arbitrary. Everything should be measured on an objective, unbiased scale.

• Eh, not really. The victim is just as biased as the perpetrator. In a court of law, it's not the victim who judge their own case. It would be the rule of the arbitrary. Everything should be measured on an objective, unbiased scale.

that is true my friend but we're in the court of public opinion and that is a hell of a lot harsher than an actual court...

it's not fair but it is what it is...

• that is true my friend but we're in the court of public opinion and that is a hell of a lot harsher than an actual court...

it's not fair but it is what it is...

Yeah I know we're not in a court of law. That's the problem I have with situations like these. People take the place of the jury but with none of the neutrality that should come with the position.

• remember the game

orange, orange, orange, orange, o!

so now Cube is playin

damage, damage, damage, damage :mad:

• Eh, not really. The victim is just as biased as the perpetrator. In a court of law, it's not the victim who judge their own case. It would be the rule of the arbitrary. Everything should be measured on an objective, unbiased scale.

this is not a court of law though. if someone says they were hurt because of something i said i'd just apologise, even if i didn't do it on purpose. i don't want that on my conscience, neither do i want to make anyone feel sad or uncomfortable because of me. in this case it is even worse than that since Sojin's career is at stake. is it really worth losing her career over it? why can't she and her company just apologise and make ammends and move on?

• It's currently trending at #1 on pann rn and the comments are hating on Soojin.This is the article:

https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/3…&rankingType=total&page=1

It's sad because we've only heard about the meeting from the alleged victims point of view and because they were the first to post they hold all the power. Even if cube or Soojin post anything about the meeting contrary to the alleged victim, no one would believe them. This are only looking worse for Soojin :-(

It's always the idols that wrong or get blamed. Even if their fans said it is proven wrong or not yet proven true, the fans will be label as too defending.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!