Do you think sm ent opened the portal for debuted the minors..in kpop

• I know boa has debuted at 13 years old as soloist in kpop industry (1998)

Now there is 2009 in big3 group

This is true, they have stoped debuted minors members in sm ent...but yet this is sm make that

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3 k quotes...in 3 hours.

• vivaliberta

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you think sm ent opened the portal for debuted minor..” to “Do you think sm ent opened the portal for debuted the minors..in kpop”.
  • The reasons wonyoung dislike sexualized herself now (she prefer elegant feminin concept)

yes i am with you..

Why you did changed the discussion about sm ent..and debuted minors

isn’t your discussion supposed to be about sm opening the floodgates for other companies also feeling fine about debuting 13 yos? Then why would me mentioning an example of such an instance committed by another company be off topic? :melon_think: It’s perfectly on topic in fact lol

• The fact that a 13yo wonyoung was made to perform a song like side to side on produce will never rest in my conscience :pepe-shame:

I had no clue what folks were talking about until a recent thread. I then looked up the Produce video and was like, the performance was a little provocative but hey, she's dressed in regular Kpop outfits nothing revealing. And then i finally looked up the lyrics and it was all about bicycles and tricycles and saw some interview where folks talked about the true meaning of side to side and i was like wonyoung.gif

• Sm was literally the one to start idol system in SK and other followed their every move . And it's a rare sight to see a group full of adults in kpop unless debut is delayed for some reason.

• I had no clue what folks were talking about until a recent thread. I then looked up the Produce video and was like, the performance was a little provocative but hey, she's dressed in regular Kpop outfits nothing revealing. And then i finally looked up the lyrics and it was all about bicycles and tricycles and saw some interview where folks talked about the true meaning of side to side and i was like wonyoung.gif

lol ik the lyrics aren’t very obvious at first glance especially for folks not fluent in english or well versed in contemporary slangs (like boomers like you :teeheek:) but I always thought the tagline “you got me walking side to side” is pretty quite obvious what it’s trying to say lol so yeah.. :pepe-cringe:

• The fact that a 13yo wonyoung was made to perform a song like side to side on produce will never rest in my conscience :pepe-shame:

well can we talk about the fact that Somi who was 14yo and Natty who was 13yo during sixteen

were singing Who's your mama in front of jyp and the public, in mini short, and doing dance move that no minor should do on stage in front of creepy men

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• JESUS SHES ALMOST AS OLD AS MY SISTER

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JYPE's first BG were 13 year old twins, Kim Ryang-hyun and Kim Ryang-ha

External Content www.youtube.com

NMIXX's Lily was 12 at the time, she would turn 13 later in the year

Duet with Jo Seung Hyun of JACE

• minor in entertainment industry are nothing new or unique to Korea an idol industry

just look at Disney track record

• Sm was literally the one to start idol system in SK and other followed their every move . And it's a rare sight to see a group full of adults in kpop unless debut is delayed for some reason.

Not that rare when some of the biggest groups did so. EXO, Aespa, blackpink

People are extremely weird to think children need to debut when there are popular groups both bg and gg that debuted as adults.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Ahhh, I miss this song! :music-raccoon:

• Blackpink and Aespa both group's debuts were delayed, and I had no idea about every exo member debuting as as adult.

agree that aespa debut was delayed many times but the lineup wasn't finalized yet

and even if SM have tons of female rookies in their basement they still choose to wait for Giselle and make her debut when she was an adult

when they could have easily go pick in their pool of rookiee a minorr to add more "fresh young" energy to the group

so i don't think the delay argument is an explanation to why they choose to debut an all adult GG

because they literally prefered to debut an adult with just 1 year of training in comparison of maybe someone who's 15yo and trained in SM for 3-4 years

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!